Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 For crying out loud drop O'Neil, WE NEED GOALS !!!

Author Topic: For crying out loud drop O'Neil, WE NEED GOALS !!!  (Read 1434 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 20, 2007, 09:16:22 PM »

Drop Joe O'Neil, play Little and Senior up front, wth Logan on the wing and you will see the difference. By hell Joe O'Neil has had his chance, think i would have scored more than him. Did not make it on Tuesday but I have been told that we played with Joe up front on his own, jesus not in a million of years were we going to score goals. Please Graham give Senior and Little a chance, they are small but we shi*e at pupping long balls in the air anyway, so lets get it on the ground and play footy. Also Lawton you've had your chance, get Pottys playing. Have faith in our attacking players !!!!

louise1925

Re: For crying out loud drop O'Neil, WE NEED GOALS !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »

Little and Senior will NOT play up front. I imagine Joe will partner Col with Lawton and Logan on the flanks. Val and Sedge will play centre mid with Lane, Peyton, Tinson and Shotton in defence. That will be the team.
Personally I'd start Senior instead of Joe, Pottsy instead of Lawton, Whalley instead of Sedge and Clancy instead of Peyton. But, there you go...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »

Little and Senior will NOT play up front. I imagine Joe will partner Col with Lawton and Logan on the flanks. Val and Sedge will play centre mid with Lane, Peyton, Tinson and Shotton in defence. That will be the team.
Personally I'd start Senior instead of Joe, Pottsy instead of Lawton, Whalley instead of Sedge and Clancy instead of Peyton. But, there you go...

Me too. To a tee.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 10:45:32 AM »

I'd be very surprised if Pottsy plays any part at all saturday. He missed Tuesdays game through illness and even if he turned up for training last night pronouncing himself ready it would take a lot out of him. I don't think you can get away with it at conf north level.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team