News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 chester in wales?

Author Topic: chester in wales?  (Read 2195 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
chester in wales?
« on: March 09, 2010, 01:29:40 PM »

according to todays wrexham paper, chester have applied to join next years welsh premier league
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jezza

Re: chester in wales?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 01:51:18 PM »

lunacy if they have.....I think one side of the deva stadium is technically in wales.

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »

Looks like this comes from the vaughan  side not the fans phoenix club.....didn't think the Chester fans who have always sung about not being in wales would go this route.

Doesn't look like it can happen but I can see several reason why the old club are thinking this way.....sv needs to sell to get the £500k he generously put into the club back....or it could be spite against the town.

Haven't heard as much as I'd have expected about the phoenix club which the fans should be setting up now for nexct season, the old club is patently dead and buried

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »

I wonder if there is any link between this & the rumout of TNS wanting to play at the Deva...

if so, to almost quote Jeff Stelling, "I wonder if they'll be dancing in the streets of TNS tonight?"

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 02:40:13 PM »

Another of Vaughans' ridiculous plans.
The company behind the club will soon be wound up anyway, so there will be no club and no company left to play in any league.

The Deva is pretty much completely in Wales, by the way.

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 05:07:47 PM »

all but a tint part of the office is in Wales.  It is a welsh stadium.

why would thew LOW take them?

daft hair brained scheme.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »

The welsh leagues are changing for next season, with less teams in the prem division. TNS have been told their ground is rubbish and cannot cater for the hoards of fans expected in the new style welsh premier. They need to move, Chester have no team, so they might as well give the chester faithful something to chant about.

A simple answer is shove wrexham back into the welsh league, surely deano can do something decent in that league??; just think of the european adventures he can moan about.  put chester utd in the unibond, and portsmouth into the conference south. Simples.

Though, im a bit shocked we havent heard more about this new chester phoenix/ utd side. I hope the fans manage to get together and fulfil their dreams without vaughan.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 06:11:10 PM »

Since the total attendances for a full program in the League of Wales barely scrape into four figures most weeks, I should think any ground with a capacity of 1,000 or so would do. Of course, on the big European nights when TNS/Llanelli/Rhyl etc. play the likes of Skonto Riga they just might need double that........

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 07:46:48 PM »

So if chester do join the LOW they could be in European Competion within 2 seasons,not a bad punishment for them
Harold

gunners11

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 10:38:14 PM »

probably mess that league up as well. good luck chester in  your new league

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 11:11:49 PM »

Rumour is that Cheshire West & Chester council are looking to evict CCFC from the Deva, CW&C  have allegedly asked for the lease to be return from the admististrators. I suspect the "new" club is holding off until the outcome of tomorrows court hearing ?

robins1978

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 12:05:41 AM »

according to todays wrexham paper, chester have applied to join next years welsh premier league
Will they have to get International Clearance to play in their own country or not as it will be a different team from the old Chester?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 chester in wales?