PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weymouth Match Thread  (Read 6792 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Weymouth Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 05:17:01 PM »

Dreadful first halve, better 2nd half, deserved a draw.

Weymouth will a bottom 5 team next season. The work to do on our squad is immense. Throw in the fact we're finishing the season in shocking form next season is a big job.
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2021, 05:17:40 PM »

So clearly not the tactical masterstroke then!
Having said that, we're not that far away. As others have said (ad nauseum) we need at least (in priority order) :
A number nine (or two)
6ft plus centre back 27 yrs old or younger
Long term partner in the centre for Smith
Possibly another left back
Possibly another keeper

To afford these additions, I reckon the present squad will need to be trimmed by at least six - possibly more as replacements are possibly going to be full timers.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2021, 05:43:09 PM »

At least we contrived to turn up in the second half and make a game of it, creating good chances for Kirby, Kosylo, Hancock and Senior respectively,

Too easily undone with that free header for their second goal though.

We merited a draw but ultimately paid the price for that listless first-half performance.

What you would give to be able to swap the ponderous and seemingly uninterested Bell for Weymouth's impressive striker Dallas though!

I think that I could live contentedly without seeing Bell in an Altrincham shirt again.

The commentators were decent and fair to both sides, even mentioning Alty's pitch sponsorship fundraising scheme on a couple of occasions.

Since that victory at Torquay United, we have experienced an alarming slump which has seen us accumulate merely 12 points out of a possible 57.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 05:45:47 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2021, 05:49:37 PM »

Losing is sadly becoming a habit... started both halves ok & 2nd half better overrall BUT season long problem of no proper number9 to put the ball in the net costs us again...

As been said numerous times on this forum by numerous fans on numerous different threads this is the main priority and issue that needs resolving in the summer - which i'm sure Parky must also know... probably could do with two strikers, one of which must be a top one who can get 20goals plus per season... agree, as said before, could also do with a new quality centre back, new midfielder to partner Smith, plus a new top top keeper (though would keep TT as back up)...

It would also be nice to know what is actually wrong with Hannigan & Hampson and if whatever injuries they have will preventing them playing again this season... on a positive note it was great to see Kosylo back today...

Roll on final three games all at home & all hopefully with fans... looking forward to a live matchday experience... COYR!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2021, 06:09:04 PM »

Since that victory at Torquay United, we have experienced an alarming slump which has seen us accumulate merely 12 points out of a possible 57.

Yes. We've dropped more points in those games than we've won all season.
I'm positive that this will be addressed in the close season.
It's got to be as the consequences otherwise are too dire to contemplate.

It's great to see how much confidence there still is amongst us fans. Long may it continue!
Come on you Super Robins 👍
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2021, 08:00:14 PM »

Having said that, we're not that far away. As others have said (ad nauseum) we need at least (in priority order) :
A number nine (or two)
Possibly another keeper

To afford these additions, I reckon the present squad will need to be trimmed by at least six - possibly more as replacements are possibly going to be full timers.

So just over half a new team then ! I agree totally with your shopping list, especially the two strikers.

Luckily I missed today's debacle.

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2021, 09:56:48 AM »

I thought we were good for most of the second half and had plenty of opportunities to win the game, but we didn't make them count. We need the end of the season and a reset button pre-season ASAP.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2021, 04:35:50 PM »

A number nine (or two)
Possibly another keeper

So just over half a new team then ! I agree totally with your shopping list, especially the two strikers.

Luckily I missed today's debacle.

This is an issue though as so many new faces could take time to gell, and assumingly away from home against weak opposition in friendlies
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth Match Thread