PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gutted but proud at the same time
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gutted but proud at the same time  (Read 6790 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gutted but proud at the same time
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 12:26:10 PM »

or the Boston trophy semi final that was similar, but without the Friendly Welcome.

Probably the worst football crowd I have ever been in (and there were more of them than yesterday)

York Alty

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 02:14:39 PM »

or the Boston trophy semi final that was similar, but without the Friendly Welcome.

Probably the worst football crowd I have ever been in (and there were more of them than yesterday)

Players having to shower with kits on to get the gob off first. Long time ago yeah, but never forgotten that set of T**ts.  Never liked Boston as a result.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 02:23:10 PM »

Here's an extra drop of misery to add to the ocean - I think there was an offside in the build-up to their first goal. When Harriott nicks it off Leather, it looks to me that Sordell is standing offside, before coming back onside to play the ball back to Harriott.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2015, 03:03:58 PM »

I think in amongst the magnificent performance, all three goals were reasonably avoidable and quite poor from our point of view. Especially the first one which was a bit of a calamity.

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2015, 03:38:12 PM »

Players having to shower with kits on to get the gob off first. Long time ago yeah, but never forgotten that set of T**ts.  Never liked Boston as a result.
i think in later trips to Boston it did get much better they obviously had less fans so they helped

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 03:46:26 PM »

I haven't been to Boston since that day and have no desire ever to do so again.

roytonmike

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2015, 04:54:54 PM »

Yesterday was cruel - we didn't deserve to lose, & certainly not in that way - but it's not infrequently a cruel world. The best feature of the ground for me was the little café, which I know attracted a number of our fans (sorry not to have been able to chat, buryalty!); the stewards on the gate were helpful & cheerful & the 'thank you' posters, which have been referred to earlier, a very nice touch. I'm not going to lay blame at anyone's door - all right, there were faults which led to goals, but we should above all applaud the effort the lads put in yesterday. The support was superb - not many clubs would take that proportion of their fan base to a match early on a Sunday afternoon 200+ miles from home. 'Gutted but proud' sums up the feeling for me admirably - now let's look forward to a competition in which we can realistically harbour ambition, namely the Trophy. Onwards and upwards!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gutted but proud at the same time