PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gutted but proud at the same time
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gutted but proud at the same time  (Read 6791 times)

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 06, 2015, 10:07:27 PM »

Words cannot explain how tough to take that result is. To a man we battled hard and to have it snatched like that with the last kick of extra time is gutting.

1.Where did that crap ref get the 4 minutes from? I only counted 4 subs (1 Alty, 3 Colchester ) so at 30 seconds a sub that's only 2 minutes. There were no other significant stoppages in the 2nd half, so I cannot understand 4 minutes.

2. Their best player ( and scorer of 2 goals including the winner ) kicked the ball behind the stand after the game had stopped earlier in the match without even being spoken to. Surely a yellow card? He then goes on to get booked later on.....so in my book that's a red.

3. Jake Moult was unbelievable today. Fantastic skippers performance and deserving of keeping the band. Great goal ( 2nd worldly of the season ) and a general performance of such high quality it took my breath away. On top of that, Other notable performances include Ranks, Scott-- and Reevesie for playing out of position and grafting like never before.

4. Unless Ryan got a knock, I could not believe taking him off for Nicky. Surely it should have been for Lawrie who was bang average today? Nicky so unlucky to not score in injury time himself, great run.

5. Lastly the fans....you were awesome today. Brilliant consistent support for 94 minutes. Made me proud to be associated with this great club. My 12 year old lad was in tears at the end, you have an Alty fan for life, right there.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gutted but proud at the same time
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 10:25:12 PM »

On 2nd thoughts, we had 2 subs but it still didn't feel like 4 extra minutes!!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 10:37:55 PM »

Losing to Enfield in the Trophy final in extra time in 82 wasn't as bad as this , need to remind myself its only a game.

Rowhedge

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 10:38:07 PM »

Colchester fan in peace.  You are all quite right to be proud of your side because they did you proud today and we were very, very lucky to get away with this game.  Your first goal was a brilliant spot by your player although I think the winning goal was of a high standard too.  He's a player too good for our League and we will almost certainly lose him in January.  

I thought you were desperately unlucky not to get at least a draw (which was the minimum you deserved) or even the win.  If you had won there would have been no argument from me and probably a lot of U's fans.   Those killer goals at the death are heartbreaking - we've all had them and we will all have them again.  As for working out where the extra time comes from I've never managed that either (for or against) as it seems to vary between officials.

Good luck to you all for the rest of the season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 11:37:20 PM »

Colchester fan in peace.  You are all quite right to be proud of your side because they did you proud today and we were very, very lucky to get away with this game.  Your first goal was a brilliant spot by your player although I think the winning goal was of a high standard too.  He's a player too good for our League and we will almost certainly lose him in January.  

I thought you were desperately unlucky not to get at least a draw (which was the minimum you deserved) or even the win.  If you had won there would have been no argument from me and probably a lot of U's fans.   Those killer goals at the death are heartbreaking - we've all had them and we will all have them again.  As for working out where the extra time comes from I've never managed that either (for or against) as it seems to vary between officials.

Nail on the head pretty much. The highs and lows of football, we gained promotion into the Conference with a last kick winner and today we felt the polar opposite.

This isn't a bitter remark, a genuine opinion, I don't know how you guys can support your team in such a soulless cavern. Flat pack, thrown up grounds like that are disgusting, no character and no atmosphere at all. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Rowhedge

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 01:25:00 AM »

No argument about the ground - comes "flat packed for easy home assembly".  We had a wonderful, character ground in the heart of the town (Layer Road) but I'm afraid in these modern times it failed Elf N Safety and was no good for Elton John and Lionel whoever concerts in the summer and we acquired a new Owner and so our stadium was built in the joint image of IKEA and Tesco Express and is now an icon to Corporate Tripe.  Many of us don't like it but did not have the personal money to do anything different.

Hope you lot are never in the same boat.  I keep supporting because that's what you do.  But yes the Weston Homes Community Stadium is complete crap somewhat like our current defence who you managed to waltz through several times and do I find it hard to keep supporting?  Yes I do but I stupidly plod on hoping against hope that things will change.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 01:35:42 AM »

Thank you for your good wishes, and the same to you.
It was soooo good to come to a friendly club.
There was no sign of trouble, and before the game we mixed, and had a good chat with your fans.
One complaint was, that live band needs a singer, not somebody that shouts!!!!
As you say, Harriott of West Ham is a good player.
But if he played in the national league, he could well have been sent off before he scored the winning goal.
I would love to know how many fouls he committed?
But at the end of the day, he was a class player.
Still gutted, but being a one eyed supporter of Alty, l think Jake Moult was MOTM.
Hope you get a team you want in the next round.
Long day, and one I will never forget.
Come On You Mighty Robins inThe Trophy.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 06:01:42 AM »

Gutted about the result, a draw would have been fair but football can be cruel at times. We could not really have done much more.

When the board went up for 4 mins i had no complaints, 5 subs and two goals after all.

As for the ground, i liked it. Where do you draw a line between modern and having character when you dont have an infinite sum to spend? We managed to make an atmosphere in it incidentally.  Colchester were good hosts.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:15:02 AM by Bob »

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 07:49:20 AM »

Gutted about the result, a draw would have been fair but football can be cruel at times. We could not really have done much more.

When the board went up for 4 mins i had no complaints, 5 subs and two goals after all.

As for the ground, i liked it. Where do you draw a line between modern and having character when you dont have an infinite sum to spend? We managed to make an atmosphere in it incidentally.  Colchester were good hosts.

I agree...I liked the ground...the location wasn't great, but that's almost a given these days.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 08:08:36 AM »

Ground was alright IMO; clean, decent facilities, the staff and those fans I spoke to were friendly and magnanimous in victory.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 08:34:54 AM »

Yes a modern stadium, but like others I found the locals friendly and I thought they were good hosts. The girls serving the bar said that we were the noisiest away support they had heard, which is testament to the 400 of us who made the trip.

Had the chance to look at the goals last night, don't think Scott will be feeling too good about his part in at least 2 of them ...that said he has been magnificent this season and he has carried the defence on his own at times, particularly with the injuries we have had at the back.

brian1925

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 09:12:13 AM »

Their stadium was indeed completely soulless, but every Colchester fan and all the ground staff I spoke to were thoroughly pleasant. There were even posters in the toilets thanking Alty fans for making the 400+ mile journey, which I thought was a lovely touch.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 09:19:58 AM »

I suppose that after all the last minute goals we have nicked over the past couple of seasons, it was inevitable it would happen to us sooner or later, and you always had the feeling Colchester could score at any time. Doesn't make it any easier to take though.

Eightiesjunior has gone off to school this morning in a very deflated fashion, poor kid.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 09:29:26 AM »

I agree...I liked the ground...the location wasn't great, but that's almost a given these days.

Agree with all of the above. Well done to all at the club and thanks.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 11:24:12 AM »

Heartbreaking, but does this mean we can talk about the Eastbourne game when we got relegated now?
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team