News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Gannon sacked

Author Topic: Jim Gannon sacked  (Read 3934 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Jim Gannon sacked
« on: January 16, 2013, 12:06:51 AM »

Stockport supporters seem distraught with his sacking. Im astounded that micky mellon is getting a groundswell of support to be the man to keep them up. Now call me a buff old traditionalist. But if I had 20 games left to play and was in the bottom 4, and a tough set of fixtures at that, I'd be looking more Graham Heathcote or Darren Sheridan than a bloke that spent seven figures steering fleetwood to 2nd place in the blue square north. Never ever read up on the nonleague game when they come down these clubs, how long did it take oxford to work out that jim smith hadnt heard of half the teams they were playing, never mind how to beat them...

Hamilton

Re: Jim Gannon sacked
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 12:25:41 AM »

Cheshire Today Sport ‏@Cheshire_Sport
Club statement: The board of #Stockport County Football Club have to announce that James Gannon has been relieved of all football duties.

Well, they say never go back. It rarely works out! I'm afraid Stockport County is sick from the very top down.

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 07:35:38 AM »

Gary Lowe?

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 01:42:34 PM »

Gary Lowe?

Over it like a rash on twitter

joe

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 05:54:36 PM »

Stockport supporters seem distraught with his sacking. Im astounded that micky mellon is getting a groundswell of support to be the man to keep them up. Now call me a buff old traditionalist. But if I had 20 games left to play and was in the bottom 4, and a tough set of fixtures at that, I'd be looking more Graham Heathcote or Darren Sheridan than a bloke that spent seven figures steering fleetwood to 2nd place in the blue square north. Never ever read up on the nonleague game when they come down these clubs, how long did it take oxford to work out that jim smith hadnt heard of half the teams they were playing, never mind how to beat them...

Seriously? Excluding reprieves he led Alty to more than one relegation place finish!

JDN

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 07:41:18 PM »

I am sure some Stockport fans on a forum aren't going to be picking their next manager

Besides I am sure Micky Mellon knows the conference well enough

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 08:24:07 PM »

To be fair to gannon from what iv heard he had a very small budget and very young squad maybe even a decent non leauge manager would struggle

bumble

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 12:05:56 AM »

Buxton manager Marton McIntosh seems to be the twtter favorite....

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 07:55:25 AM »

Twitter favourite? Is that actually a thing?

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 08:00:53 AM »

Buxton manager Marton McIntosh seems to be the twtter favorite....
If there is any possibility of this becoming fact, I can only say "How are the mighty fallen".

bumble

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 09:09:51 AM »

Twitter favourite? Is that actually a thing?
Yes...

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »

After Southamptons ludicrous decision to sack Adkins anything could happen...

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 02:57:52 PM »

I hope they get relegated for this disgraceful treatment of a man who was doing a decent job. Just come back from two down at Stamford Bridge for a point, and that's his "reward" ? Appalling.

bumble

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »

"@GaryLowe2509: Myself and Martyn dissapointed to miss out on the Stockport job but would like to wish the Football Club all the best for the future..."

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 03:27:53 AM »

I hope they get relegated for this disgraceful treatment of a man who was doing a decent job. Just come back from two down at Stamford Bridge for a point, and that's his "reward" ? Appalling.

That is typical of a club that has no guilt in going into admin and not paying thier local business partners, then can suddenly flash money around to get promoted.
They have obviously been planning this change of management behind Adkins' back for some time. I hope they go down and I have no sympathy for their supporters who have forgotten how they cheated to stay in existance and will have forgotten Adkins' achievements in no time.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Gannon sacked