PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD  (Read 26807 times)

eightiesrobin

Re: Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2015, 05:57:16 PM »

Missing an entire defence tonight:

Coburn

Dens Parry Marshall Griffin

I doubt many squads in this league are big enough to carry a replacement for every position - having said that we are one or two short and for me the priority has to be to find some creativity or pace from somewhere - nice passing football is only pleasing on the eye and putting a smile on people's faces if it gets you somewhere near the opposition goal.

Watching some of the punt it up the field, head tennis rubbish from a few years ago was pretty dull and our evolution into a passing team has been good but Saturday (my only first hand game of the season) and the majority of radio robins games (I've heard them all) have been tedious pass it sideways and backwards without ever creating anything - our forwards are not good enough to win us games on one or two half chances per game and no forward who was would be playing at our level.  We simply have to make games more interesting to watch as well as give us a chance of actually winning one or two of them.

Not really sure of the validity of an opinion based entirely on listening to Radio Robins. 

Thanks, I'll just piss off then and leave the forum to those who are lucky enough to be able to attend more than one match this season and can happily talk to each other in the bar after the game anyway.  Bye

Don't do it Bath Alty.  Been tempted to leave the forum myself cos of the negative vibes and crud that goes on, but stick with it.  I hope they'll get bored soon.

Well, I listened to the game and find your assessment vary fair. Some of our moves today sounded very skillful and fast and it was those who get lots of criticism who seemed to get good reviews from our no less than knowledgable commentators.

I wasn't impugning the knowledge and integrity of the RR commentary team. I was suggesting that basing your opinions of a football team on third party information is a bit like telling me that a book you haven't read (but someone you know has) is terrible / the best book ever etc.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2015, 06:14:48 PM »

Coburn

I doubt many squads in this league are big enough to carry a replacement for every position - having said that we are one or two short and for me the priority has to be to find some creativity or pace from somewhere - nice passing football is only pleasing on the eye and putting a smile on people's faces if it gets you somewhere near the opposition goal.

Watching some of the punt it up the field, head tennis rubbish from a few years ago was pretty dull and our evolution into a passing team has been good but Saturday (my only first hand game of the season) and the majority of radio robins games (I've heard them all) have been tedious pass it sideways and backwards without ever creating anything - our forwards are not good enough to win us games on one or two half chances per game and no forward who was would be playing at our level.  We simply have to make games more interesting to watch as well as give us a chance of actually winning one or two of them.

Not really sure of the validity of an opinion based entirely on listening to Radio Robins. 

Thanks, I'll just piss off then and leave the forum to those who are lucky enough to be able to attend more than one match this season and can happily talk to each other in the bar after the game anyway.  Bye
goodbye
Don't take any notice Mr C. Your assessments are more valid then any of Ham's. And his bed only has wrong sides.

York Alty

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2015, 07:13:02 PM »

Coburn

goodbye
Don't take any notice Mr C. Your assessments are more valid then any of Ham's. And his bed only has wrong sides.
;D ;D ;D

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2015, 07:55:17 PM »

Coburn

Don't do it Bath Alty.  Been tempted to leave the forum myself cos of the negative vibes and crud that goes on, but stick with it.  I hope they'll get bored soon.

Well, I listened to the game and find your assessment vary fair. Some of our moves today sounded very skillful and fast and it was those who get lots of criticism who seemed to get good reviews from our no less than knowledgable commentators.

I wasn't impugning the knowledge and integrity of the RR commentary team. I was suggesting that basing your opinions of a football team on third party information is a bit like telling me that a book you haven't read (but someone you know has) is terrible / the best book ever etc.
well I trust rr team for there honest opinion's and I also trust my wife when she says 50 shades of grey is sh*te , you can trust the experts its just that some people are so full of themselves and het up on blaming the current management team that they cant tell there mr greys from there knobsock of the year candidates
FFS
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD