PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD  (Read 26885 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2015, 12:12:55 AM »

Thought we'd lose, well pleased with tonight.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2015, 12:13:58 AM »

Not been back home in Shropshire for long. Was it worth a 160 mile round trip? When we saw the team, down to the last standing eleven, we were worried. Then we could see both Rankine and Clee were carrying really difficult injuries which they played through. I can't think the whole team could have done more for us tonight. Luca made an error which is rare. Wow, how he drove forward after that! Some of the players tonight ran themselves into the ground and they deserved at least the draw. We can say that Kiddy were poor but they had a lot of fresh players trying to impress a new manager. We caught them at a bad time for us. It felt like a win at full time. Let's give the players some credit.

Hamilton

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2015, 12:24:01 AM »

Missing an entire defence tonight:

Coburn

Dens Parry Marshall Griffin

I doubt many squads in this league are big enough to carry a replacement for every position - having said that we are one or two short and for me the priority has to be to find some creativity or pace from somewhere - nice passing football is only pleasing on the eye and putting a smile on people's faces if it gets you somewhere near the opposition goal.

Watching some of the punt it up the field, head tennis rubbish from a few years ago was pretty dull and our evolution into a passing team has been good but Saturday (my only first hand game of the season) and the majority of radio robins games (I've heard them all) have been tedious pass it sideways and backwards without ever creating anything - our forwards are not good enough to win us games on one or two half chances per game and no forward who was would be playing at our level.  We simply have to make games more interesting to watch as well as give us a chance of actually winning one or two of them.

Not really sure of the validity of an opinion based entirely on listening to Radio Robins. 

Thanks, I'll just piss off then and leave the forum to those who are lucky enough to be able to attend more than one match this season and can happily talk to each other in the bar after the game anyway.  Bye

Don't do it Bath Alty.  Been tempted to leave the forum myself cos of the negative vibes and crud that goes on, but stick with it.  I hope they'll get bored soon.

Well, I listened to the game and find your assessment vary fair. Some of our moves today sounded very skillful and fast and it was those who get lots of criticism who seemed to get good reviews from our no less than knowledgable commentators.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2015, 01:29:27 AM »

Ten out of ten for effort tonight from the players............I don't feel I can complain tonight about the effort and passion from those representing the club on the field.  

For me, only one player tonight failed to cut the mustard in the makeshift team.......in fact he has been poor for the last 3 home games , but I won't bother to single him out, other  than to say it is not Jordan Sinnott, who gets enough stick on here without me joining in. I think JS has been no better or worse than a number of other players at the club for several weeks now

However, from a club perspective, this was definately two points dropped tonight because we were playing against woeful opposition and I hope our inability to bring loan players in at short notice (I know it costs money / can sometimes be a waste of money) will not be something we regret come April 2016

Another thing.........do teams close us down that well that we need to make 5 passes inside the box before someone can have a shot or is it because we lack confidence at shooting................it might be me but we do seem to struggle at the moment to get the most simple aspects of the game right..... i.e we can complete a  fantastic 5 player, 10 pass move in front of goal before we either shoot 10 yards wide, pass straight to an opposition defender or our player falls over the ball dizzy with the amount of twists and turns he has completed

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:52:55 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mr Woolf

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2015, 06:55:40 AM »

Picking Sinnott out as a poor performer is stupid. I personally thought he was one of the brighter points.

NO

Hamilton

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2015, 07:00:34 AM »

Picking Sinnott out as a poor performer is stupid. I personally thought he was one of the brighter points.

NO

Again he got a decent review from our RR commentators.

rs

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2015, 08:17:52 AM »

I thought Sinnott did pretty well last night.  God knows what the reaction would have been if he and not Havern had made the error to make it 2-1.

The optimist in me says a badly depleted team fought hard to get something against opponents who had the impetus of a new manager and fresh faces on the pitch.

Good atmosphere last night I felt despite the low crowd.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2015, 08:37:53 AM »

Glad for a last gasp point... It made the drive back to Shropshire a lot better.... Personally i would have given MoM to Mault.

If the powers that be, want National league football at WA14 then may i suggest they get a couple of loans in pretty damm quick. If they dont then leave things as they are.. I dont agree that their are 4 clubs worse than us (we havent beaten any of them for a start.. Its obvious that the manager has no intention of playing those kids that sit on the bench each week apart from the odd 15 mins from Heathcote. So in reality we have aquad of around 15 ... I fully accept that we have a massive injury list but to do nothing about
It is not the answer..

I reckon Jordon Sinnot must read what certain people on here write about him because he has f**k all confidence and when the ball comes to him he has the expression that its a fkn hand grenade with the pin out rather than a football...
Ok he may not be the best player in the club but ffs stop slating him everytime he plays... If it had been him and not Luca who had f**ked up for the second goal of Kiddy then this forum would have lit up...

Its support the team needs not constant criticism

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2015, 09:54:48 AM »

Glad for a last gasp point... It made the drive back to Shropshire a lot better.... Personally i would have given MoM to Mault.

I said this last night. Clee played well but may have benefitted from playing the first half in front of the sponsors lounge.

Jake Moult held the whole thing together last night and barring an odd little spell recently has been my player of the season so far (as he was last year).

andrewflynn

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2015, 10:25:45 AM »

With a serious lack of options and fatigue problems later in the game, I suppose I can accept that on this occasion we've gained a point.

We didn't have a lot to work with but I expected a lot more in the first half. That's my main problem here. If you know you've got nothing on the bench, you don't put yourself in a situation where you need to shake things up with 20 minutes to go. We were knackered and couldn't even begin to put together a Plan B.

They were the worst side I've seen at this level in some time but truthfully we were just as bad and will continue to be until we've strengthened the squad with loan players.

GB Alty

« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2015, 10:47:20 AM »

Coburn

I doubt many squads in this league are big enough to carry a replacement for every position - having said that we are one or two short and for me the priority has to be to find some creativity or pace from somewhere - nice passing football is only pleasing on the eye and putting a smile on people's faces if it gets you somewhere near the opposition goal.

Watching some of the punt it up the field, head tennis rubbish from a few years ago was pretty dull and our evolution into a passing team has been good but Saturday (my only first hand game of the season) and the majority of radio robins games (I've heard them all) have been tedious pass it sideways and backwards without ever creating anything - our forwards are not good enough to win us games on one or two half chances per game and no forward who was would be playing at our level.  We simply have to make games more interesting to watch as well as give us a chance of actually winning one or two of them.
Havern and Leather played, our best centre half pairing so not missing an entire defence

GB Alty

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2015, 10:48:04 AM »

Coburn

Not really sure of the validity of an opinion based entirely on listening to Radio Robins. 

Thanks, I'll just piss off then and leave the forum to those who are lucky enough to be able to attend more than one match this season and can happily talk to each other in the bar after the game anyway.  Bye
goodbye

Jimmy

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2015, 11:30:49 AM »

I thought Sinnott did pretty well last night.  God knows what the reaction would have been if he and not Havern had made the error to make it 2-1.

The optimist in me says a badly depleted team fought hard to get something against opponents who had the impetus of a new manager and fresh faces on the pitch.

Good atmosphere last night I felt despite the low crowd.
didnt see the goal but Luca has earned respect from the fans when brackley beat us in playoffs leather was the scapegoat with the fans that would not be the case now as he has earned respect from the fans to be fair Sinnott has been better than his 2 previous spells and if crowther is not fit or won't play on right he should be in as right midfielder wouldn't have him in defence as he can't tackle

roytonmike

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2015, 03:06:13 PM »

Its support the team needs not constant criticism

100% right. Last night we were down to the barest of bare bones, with several players in unfamiliar roles, and yet individual players were still subject to nothing but criticism from certain areas of the crowd. The whole team should be applauded for the effort they put in, keeping going right to the end & getting what was probably their due over the whole game. 

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2015, 03:18:30 PM »

The match stats make interesting reading. They had 2 shots on target, we only committed two fouls, probably testament that we rarely seem to tackle anymore!!
Their manager claiming they are hard done by is laughable, with better finishing and one less defensive error, we could have won by three or four.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD