PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD  (Read 26893 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 08:47:26 PM »

Surely, anything other than a home win over a team who have gone 21 consecutive matches without recording a league victory is unthinkable, even by our altruistic standards....?
What I saw of Kiddy on Saturday (the last 15 min. or so in the bar under the stand at Aldershot) worries me in that they looked better than either Aldershot or ourselves contrived to do later in the afternoon; it could well also be that our team selection process consists of Deasy and the first ten outfield players who can walk into the dressing room unaided (incidentally, Sinnott did a reasonable job at right-back in the latter stages on Saturday); so there are plenty of reasons to be less than cheerful.
However, I remember a 'backs to the wall' 2-1 home win over Scarborough in 2000 when everything seemed to be stacked against us. I may be clutching at straws, but if the same spirit could be summoned up on Tuesday evening as on that occasion, you never know ...
and you hit the nail on the head with "spirit " I don't mind losing if we try and give it everything .. what I can't stand is not trying. .. that angers me
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 11:07:17 PM »

I'll be sticking Kiddy on my coupon at what will probably be a generous price against Altrincham Calpol FC!

Kiddy 11/4 for Tuesday night. Alty 4/5 with Coral.

21/20 Bet 365. Both teams to score for me.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 11:17:32 PM »

Surely, anything other than a home win over a team who have gone 21 consecutive matches without recording a league victory is unthinkable, even by our altruistic standards....?

Didn't we go away to a Lewes side who hadn't won in 24 games, and gave them a 2-0 victory??

God knows what will happen. A deja vu feeling of is being consistently inconsistent, after a couple of bad results comes a couple of great results
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

andrewflynn

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »

Didn't we go away to a Lewes side who hadn't won in 24 games, and gave them a 2-0 victory??

God knows what will happen. A deja vu feeling of is being consistently inconsistent, after a couple of bad results comes a couple of great results

The great results always seem to come when we look certain to lose, though.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 12:29:20 AM »

What I saw of Kiddy on Saturday (the last 15 min. or so in the bar under the stand at Aldershot) worries me in that they looked better than either Aldershot or ourselves contrived to do later in the afternoon; it could well also be that our team selection process consists of Deasy and the first ten outfield players who can walk into the dressing room unaided (incidentally, Sinnott did a reasonable job at right-back in the latter stages on Saturday); so there are plenty of reasons to be less than cheerful.
However, I remember a 'backs to the wall' 2-1 home win over Scarborough in 2000 when everything seemed to be stacked against us. I may be clutching at straws, but if the same spirit could be summoned up on Tuesday evening as on that occasion, you never know ...

Mike,

I didn't catch the first half of the Macc v Kidderminster game, during which the home side reportedly played well and dominated proceedings.

However, I did watch the entire second half and Kidderminster were definitely the better side throughout this period.

Indeed, with a little more composure in front of goal, they might even have salvaged a point.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 08:29:49 AM »

I do agree with Brian Flynn on another thread that in fact Alty were on top for the first 20 minutes, and I would argue for the last 20 minutes too.  And other than their number 15, who deservedly won Man of the Match, all the moments of class came from us (yes, I know, all too fleeting).  The disallowed goal is a good example here.

I was surprised by O'Keefe when he came on - he showed pace and urgency.  Nothing outstanding - but better than his billing so far.

In short we could have come away from Aldershot with a point in different circumstances.  We were not great, but we were not terrible either.

An improvement in performance on Tuesday and a bit more luck should see us through

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 09:08:41 AM »

I was surprised by O'Keefe when he came on - he showed pace and urgency.  Nothing outstanding - but better than his billing so far.

I still think O'Keefe is potentially a decent player, but has problems with both confidence and fitness. He needs regular football and would be a prime candidate for a loan spell to a North club if only we had cover for him.

ripleym

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 10:11:27 AM »

Or the odd 60 minutes in the reserves?

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 10:15:58 AM »

No point in playing in the reserves he would play at a higher level for the supporters team as for Saturday the performance was like the Braintree game we didn't put in 100 % and if they were any good we would've got hammered

ripleym

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 11:48:40 AM »

It's not so much about level as the question of 60 minutes on a pitch or 90 minutes on a bench on a Saturday afternoon?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 05:38:03 PM »

Iistening to lees interview sounds like little chance of seeing dens tomorrow, do we go with scott or Jordan at right back or play jake moult there? It'll help greatly if parry is back from injury

Jimmy

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 06:29:39 PM »

I'll be sticking Kiddy on my coupon at what will probably be a generous price against Altrincham Calpol FC!

Kiddy 11/4 for Tuesday night. Alty 4/5 with Coral.

21/20 Bet 365. Both teams to score for me.
i agree that is the bet to go for though I'm not a betting man

GB Alty

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 06:31:49 PM »

Iistening to lees interview sounds like little chance of seeing dens tomorrow, do we go with scott or Jordan at right back or play jake moult there? It'll help greatly if parry is back from injury
Sinnott Jnr should not play at all costs, if Parry aint fit then Heathcote should play

Jimmy

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 07:06:19 PM »

Regardless of Sinnott jnr that is a good point as heathcote is a defender

andrewflynn

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 07:08:02 PM »

Sinnott Jnr should not play at all costs, if Parry aint fit then Heathcote should play

Sure, lets start a barely 18 year old lad at centre half in our biggest game of the season to date. Just to ensure that Jordan Sinnott doesn't make the team... It's nowhere near ideal but I'd much rather keep Jake Moult in the middle of the park than stick him at right-back, so Jordan starts there for me. Him, Richman and Lawrie are our strongest midfield three and having them together is essential.

Presuming we won't be getting starts out of Densmore, Parry or Rankine:

Deasy

Sinnott        Havern        Leather        Griffin

Moult        Richman

Crowther        Lawrie            Clee

Reeves

Should Parry become available then he starts at the back and Leather fills in at right-back. Hopefully Clee comes into his own a bit more, with no Densmore on the right we're going to rely heavily on him and Griffin to create from wide.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD