PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 did we just get a point against 12 men
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: did we just get a point against 12 men  (Read 3906 times)

James Black

« on: January 31, 2008, 10:37:56 PM »

That woz the most bias referee in da league every dam thing went wokings way. da way we battled bk woz fantastic. how dirty woz dat tackle at the end how he stayed on no one knows.

Bath Alty

Re: did we just get a point against 12 men
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 10:42:13 PM »

My guess is he stayed on because he got the ball and got booked for dangerous play?  The replay showed it was his trailing leg that did the damage not the leading leg otherwise he would have seen red.

There was a patch about 65-80 minutes when they seemed to get a lot of free kicks but I didn't think he missed any important decisions - we certainly got away with at least one clear offside call in our favour - Woking lad clean through down their left in the first half pulled back when a good yard or two onside.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 10:46:17 PM »

My guess is he stayed on because he got the ball and got booked for dangerous play?  The replay showed it was his trailing leg that did the damage not the leading leg otherwise he would have seen red.

There was a patch about 65-80 minutes when they seemed to get a lot of free kicks but I didn't think he missed any important decisions - we certainly got away with at least one clear offside call in our favour - Woking lad clean through down their left in the first half pulled back when a good yard or two onside.

Bath Alty: slightly more eloquent and reasoned than JB methinks!

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 10:48:20 PM »

Not exactly the highest compliment that can be paid but I shall take what I can get, thank you. ;D

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 10:54:13 PM »

thought there was a foul just before their second, anyone notice this on the telly?

Bath Alty

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 10:59:05 PM »

Not really, certainly nothing in the replays which went back far enough to show Battersby and someone else going to the ball in their half leaving the winger on his own 10 yards behind them, nothing eventful after that - how far back did you think the foul was?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 11:01:42 PM »

Not really, certainly nothing in the replays which went back far enough to show Battersby and someone else going to the ball in their half leaving the winger on his own 10 yards behind them, nothing eventful after that - how far back did you think the foul was?

I didn't see anything: we gave the ball away and then didn't keep close enough to the scorer (who impressed me). It was our only real blunder throughout the whole match.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 11:04:08 PM »

It was in their half running up to the goal, may have been over excitment!
 ;D

James Black

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 11:04:47 PM »

da first 20 minutes were unbelievably scrapy by both teams passes were going here there and everywhere

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 11:06:57 PM »

da first 20 minutes were unbelievably scrapy by both teams passes were going here there and everywhere

Is "da" a real word?

The game took a while to warm up, but the 2nd half - especially from Alty - was excellent.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 12:49:01 AM »

We (London Alty) watched it in a pub by Liverpool Street Station. First of all I must say how very bizarre it is to watch Alty live in the pub, had to ask 3 times before kick off just to make sure they would definitely show it and then we got all the strange looks off the Essex boys and girls on the midweek ales. As for the game itself (I say all this obv with the benefit of tv replays) Stuart should have probably saved the first one, dissapointing goal to concede. As for the second we were clearly done like a kipper, very composed finish though and good football by Woking. Colin's goal on the TV looked absolute class, great finish and at a crucial time too. The equaliser emphasised just how important it has been that we got Ryan Shotton back off Stoke, you could see how pissed off Woking were at the end not to win so I think given the circumstances we have to be happy with the point. The next 2 games make or break time then. Massive.

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 08:55:16 AM »

First half was terrible and scrappy by both teams.

Was Stu at fault for the first goal, well possibly only because his arm was over the top of the ball but a great strike and he definately saw it late, so he can probably be forgiven.

The second half was excellent.

Not sure about Battersby he looked a little weak to me.

Colins goal was a class act, absolutely brilliant and the relays made it look even better.

A tremedous save by Stu on the line to spoon the ball off the line ensuring we got a point.

Good change of tactics by the management to go 3 4 3, it really changed the game in our favour when we attacked them

I hope Toulson is not too badly injured.

Butty

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 03:12:20 PM »

Was stood near the goal for the second half, got to say amazing save by stuart, didnt look like it crossed the line from where I was, can any Setanta viewers confirm?

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »

I watched on Sultana TV - definitely did NOT cross the line - 'twas a very good save by Stu

altyf

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 07:17:20 PM »

My analysis:

1-Twas never over the line, great save by Stu.
2-The alleged "foul" before their second goal, did not at all look like a foul on the replays, jumped and won the header fair and square I think
3-I'm sure there were reasons behind Graham choosing Batersby over Lane but he had a poor full debut (not going to judge him after that though)
4-Littles goal was top class, and it looks like him and Joe are both high on confidence at the moment and are both playing really well.
5-Great to see that change of tactics to change things around, mix things up abit and give us fresh momentum to push on.

In my opinion, tactical gambles like that could be really important and I hope the players can go into games full of confidence to play their football, because last few weeks we've proved we can match teams and play well, we just need to start games well right from the off and win these big games coming up!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team