PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shildon Predictions
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Shildon Predictions  (Read 9256 times)

shildonian73

Re: Shildon Predictions
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2012, 04:44:58 PM »

(QUOTE) As for Bonz and Wilf, they surprise me a little. They come on here and give all the large, in jest or otherwise, but with an average home crowd of ? I just see that two people would be so passionate about such a club. Something is a foot me thinks.[(QUOTE)

It can't be that hard to understand that people at our level of football are equally as passionate as at higher levels.I can assure you that nothing is afoot.The other contributors from Shildon on this forum have a genuine interest in making your trip to us as enjoyable as possible for both sets of fans.
    I am the same as Bonz,a disillusioned SAFC fan, and Wilf is the type of bloke that every club wishes they had,honest and hard working and all for FREE ! ! (even though he is a Magpie fan) (Sorry Wilf) :)
    I too will be in Old Shildon WMC before the match and look forward to a chat and a beer with any of your lads who wish to call in before we go and see Wilf in the Clubhouse bar.
   To the lads who are coming up by train, As Bonz says , the walk is a bit of a trek and not too easy to explain so I would advise a taxi (its also a good idea to book one for the trip back to the station after the match). If you want any more info please feel free to send me a message and I will try to help out.
   This will be our hardest Cup game for years so I will go for 2-1 to us but i am also realistic enough to  think that if we can get a replay out of it we will be doing well.
Look forward to seeing you all 2moro
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:52:58 PM by shildonian73 »

Jenga

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2012, 04:52:58 PM »

To the Shildon fans,

i am a disillusioned Manchester United fan, although I have always watched Alty on and off since I was born, but more recently since we won the play off final at stoke, I havent missed many home games.

I agree non league footy is where is it at. Beer with your mates, have a good laugh, watch crap football have friendly banter and home to the wife and kids.

Whilst I would like to wish you all good luck tomorrow I cant, but after the game i hope you go on to be unbeaten all season.

bonz

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2012, 04:53:27 PM »

Paul just found out that the train trip is "irony" apparently - read all about it in the Shildon directions post

Jezza

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »

Shildon 1 Alty 0

Alty totally outplay Shildon and miss 5 clear chances. The Shildon keeper has the game of his life. Shildon get their goal in 86th minute when a rare attack sees them score when a deflected shot gives Coburn no chance. Reeves then has a chance to earn a replay in the 5th minute but slips over at a vital moment and another cup exit awaits, leading to this forum going into meltdown with people wanting LS being sent to death for treason.

This.....I just can't see anything else....unless shildon get a 40 yard fluke screamer 2nd goal....that normally happens against us in the cup....

bumble

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2012, 07:01:33 PM »

Gutted i cant make the trip.... Kinda want a replay so i can make my return to Moss Lane / Manchester on tuesday

shildonian73

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2012, 07:33:37 PM »

:-[ OOOOPS. I missed that bit. Only trying to be helpfull. Never mind. :-[

Altyroo

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2012, 12:03:44 AM »

A win of any sort will do me.

arnald

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »

is todays game on radio robins ?

taxi Phil

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2012, 09:42:02 AM »

is todays game on radio robins ?
Yes - details on club site.

JDN

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »

Paul just found out that the train trip is "irony" apparently - read all about it in the Shildon directions post
Not irony bonz, me and knutsford Alty enroute, just through York

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2012, 02:43:55 PM »

5 - 2 Alty - Alty have too much for a team 3 leagues below us

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2012, 02:47:35 PM »

Not to sure Ray,we just dont seem to perform in the cups these days,if we get a scrappey 1-0 win i will be happy,but this could well be a tough match for us.
Harold

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2012, 02:52:40 PM »

This from JL's match commentary,
Sunny afternoon here. Seven subs named today as it is FA Cup. Programme says our manager is Eric Gilchrist; chairman Grahame Rowley has quipped that he has brought in a new manager to improve our Cup form!
Harold
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shildon Predictions