News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As pigs fly overhead...

Author Topic: As pigs fly overhead...  (Read 1669 times)

Dougals Dad

As pigs fly overhead...
« on: March 26, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »

Colin Peake said, 'I can't stress enough how much difference it could make if we could double or even triple our average gate on Saturday, which comes after a run of four away games on the trot. We would normally hope for about 800 for Altrincham but I know there are a lot of people planning to bring friends and family. I'm hopeful we'll see a lot more than that. If we could double the normal gate the club would be happy. If we could triple it both the club and the Inland Revenue would be happy. It's no exaggeration to say a crowd of 2,400 would go a long way to solving our problems in the short term'...

Even with Alty's away support I think they will struggle for 800

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: As pigs fly overhead...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 12:10:20 PM »

It's no exaggeration to say a crowd of 2,400 would go a long way to solving our problems in the short term'...

If they're looking to raise a quarter of a million in the short term, as has been said elsewhere, that means a fiver for a programme - and everyone forced to buy one (!) - , £100 to get in at the gate (with the pies playing the expenses and players wages) and they've cracked it! *

Perhaps they should charge to get out? They might make a lot more money that way.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:20:33 PM »

Let Mr Peake ROT IN HELL

WiganAlty

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 08:00:44 PM »

No sympathy then Jenga??  ;)

WiganAlty

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 08:05:46 PM »

. It's no exaggeration to say a crowd of 2,400 would go a long way to solving our problems in the short term'...

Maybe he'll be rounding up the local sheep to come and watch the game (or to keep the grass down when they can't afford the mowing equipment) - the only way they'll get the 2,400??
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As pigs fly overhead...