PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Are we the only club in the country?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are we the only club in the country?  (Read 3799 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 19, 2013, 12:30:37 AM »

That in a 3 day period could sign the best midfielder in the league and announce the first ground redevelopments for 18 years, producing somthing that after 3 years of very hard unpaid work could set this club up financially for years to come , have people moaning? I'd love to see how we'd react to a real crisis. I'm amongst the first to air views when something isn't right, but it comes to something when the none attending local residents are more responsive to the new developments than your own supporters.Do people think this is something that's been thought up overnight? This can take the club forward, to the BSP and possibly beyond. People are moaning about standard of players retained/coming in, this income will improve all that. You can't just be black and white and say "spend it on the team" these grants that volunteers have worked so bloody hard to secure arent available to sign players.but the income the new projects will generate will. Like change or not, we are a million years behind most clubs from NWCL league upwards in terms of income generating. The noel white suite is falling apart, unwelcoming, damp, cramped  and the extended area built by butch and sundance is little more than a lean too.... We moan about some of the grounds we visit but imagine paying £13 to have to que up to piss in a glorified phone box and que 20 mins for a pie from a caravan. Be critical when its right to do so, but f**king hell, only we as a club could have people dissenting in the week that could change the history of this club. These plans have taken years of work, as people will see as more of then plans are published . These facilities will be this clubs sugar daddy...

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Are we the only club in the country?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 12:51:41 AM »

Top post i couldn't agree more
@AltyDaz

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 01:24:44 AM »

Well said, Pete!
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 08:53:32 AM »

Good post.....but we have seen how our fans react in a crisis which was surprisingly positively......in fact I think we actually enjoy being in a crisis and would do anything to try and make it look like we are in one again.

It is a bit bizarre for anyone who criticised brackley for spending money on players whilst ignoring facilities to turn the argument on it's head isn't it?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 10:05:59 AM »

Agree with the original post. Some folk just like to moan for the sake of it

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 10:34:46 AM »

That in a 3 day period could sign the best midfielder in the league and announce the first ground redevelopments for 18 years, producing somthing that after 3 years of very hard unpaid work could set this club up financially for years to come , have people moaning? I'd love to see how we'd react to a real crisis. I'm amongst the first to air views when something isn't right, but it comes to something when the none attending local residents are more responsive to the new developments than your own supporters.Do people think this is something that's been thought up overnight? This can take the club forward, to the BSP and possibly beyond. People are moaning about standard of players retained/coming in, this income will improve all that. You can't just be black and white and say "spend it on the team" these grants that volunteers have worked so bloody hard to secure arent available to sign players.but the income the new projects will generate will. Like change or not, we are a million years behind most clubs from NWCL league upwards in terms of income generating. The noel white suite is falling apart, unwelcoming, damp, cramped  and the extended area built by butch and sundance is little more than a lean too.... We moan about some of the grounds we visit but imagine paying £13 to have to que up to piss in a glorified phone box and que 20 mins for a pie from a caravan. Be critical when its right to do so, but f**king hell, only we as a club could have people dissenting in the week that could change the history of this club. These plans have taken years of work, as people will see as more of then plans are published . These facilities will be this clubs sugar daddy...
i will have a read when your post is available in paperback Pete

JDN

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 12:13:53 PM »

who is moaning?

ripleym

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 06:39:13 PM »

I feel guilty, even to this day, that I was the passenger in a Volkswagen Golf that careered through the outer wall of the old toilet block.

I am assuming there was insurance the club could draw on, but these new plans for that area sound like a massive leap forwards.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 06:50:52 PM »

I feel guilty, even to this day, that I was the passenger in a Volkswagen Golf that careered through the outer wall of the old toilet block.

I am assuming there was insurance the club could draw on, but these new plans for that area sound like a massive leap forwards.
if you referring to the whole in the ground we use to have you most probably did us a favour :)
ParkINson's red and white army

ripleym

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 06:53:06 PM »

I am indeed.  It's bizarre, as I was living above the Robins' Retreat at the time, so a high speed crash outside my own flat came as a bit of a surprise to me...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 07:31:27 PM »

Small world my mate used to rent the flat above there as well

anglo alty

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »

here here

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 08:36:48 PM »

Wasn't there once a sugar daddy called Chequers?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 09:01:11 PM »

im not sure but there was a great doorman called Bernard

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 09:52:40 PM »

im not sure but there was a great doorman called Bernard
There was also a compere called Colin McDonald whose opening song was often "This Could be the Start of Something Big". Very apt !
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team