PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just a thought
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just a thought  (Read 5149 times)

baldrick

Just a thought
« on: April 07, 2009, 09:40:18 AM »

With the embarrassing result on Saturday and the United game being shown on ITV tonights attendance could be the lowest of the season. Why not kick off at 5.30 and keep the bar and food kiosk open so people can watch United? As Mr Spock would say....seems logical.

fuertes

Re: Just a thought
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:30:40 AM »

It will be the lowest attendance of the season. Not really fair on the Eastbourne players/supporters to kick off at 5.30pm though. The fewer stupid kick off times the better in my eyes.

Froz

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 10:33:42 AM »

haha gotta be the worst idea ever, brilliant!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 10:35:57 AM »

Not that it is a realistic suggestion I think an earlier kick off would reduce the gate as people can't get there from work in time. Think that's why the old 7:30 ko time became 7:45.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »

To be fair I think we would have been down to the hardcore tonight anyway so the Man Ure game probably won't make a huge difference to the turnout.
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 10:41:47 AM »

Tonights attendance is 597 and I hope that those who do come are rewarded with a vital three points.

We need all singers, young and old tonight

george

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 11:11:45 AM »

We need everybody we can get to help gain vital points. Let's all pull together & help the players.

JT

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 11:30:27 AM »

For everyone that normally comes to matches, try all you can to bring a mate with you...i've got a couple coming down that aren't regulars.

I'd still like to see posters up around alty advertising the games more...i'd happily do it given the resources.

penfold

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 11:37:47 AM »

I'd still like to see posters up around alty advertising the games more...i'd happily do it given the resources.

Posters cost money with ink and printing costs...and money is something our club finds it difficult to get hold of at the moment! However, a strong advertisment campaign would increase the clubs profile.

JT

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 11:49:53 AM »

It wouldn't exactly cost a fortune! And even if it only brought in 2 extra paying customers, they would cover the printing costs! They don't even have to be in colour!

AltyIan

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »

I'll be there tonight, who cares about united, it'll probably end being a boring 1-0 win anyway, with glorious goals from michael welch and colin little recently i'd much rather get down to the lane

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »

There is a brilliant fixture poster on the official website.These have been produced all season and can be printed off at home/work for distribution.

Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 12:17:09 PM »

I'll be there tonight, who cares about united, it'll probably end being a boring 1-0 win anyway, with glorious goals from michael welch and colin little recently i'd much rather get down to the lane

That would be 2-0 then or wll they score half a goal each hehehe?

baldrick

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 01:11:07 PM »

It will be the lowest attendance of the season. Not really fair on the Eastbourne players/supporters to kick off at 5.30pm though. The fewer stupid kick off times the better in my eyes.

It would be better for Eastbourne supporters because they would get home before Wednesday.

joe

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 04:00:09 PM »

With the embarrassing result on Saturday and the United game being shown on ITV tonights attendance could be the lowest of the season. Why not kick off at 5.30 and keep the bar and food kiosk open so people can watch United? As Mr Spock would say....seems logical.

Ridiculous idea!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just a thought