News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Birch banned

Author Topic: Birch banned  (Read 3517 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Birch banned
« on: March 24, 2012, 10:18:30 PM »

Main page says he banned , but is it for life or till end of season , hope it for life

markecky

Re: Birch banned
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 11:29:36 PM »

Good f**king riddance. Moss lane will be a better place without him. And if I ever have the misfortune to cross his path again I'll tell him as much.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »

One down, one to go. Hopefully his horrible bastard of a brother will be next.

Well done to the club for taking this action and also for approaching Solihull Moors about it afterwards.
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 07:35:24 AM »

Main page says he banned , but is it for life or till end of season , hope it for life
Since it's a statement from Grahame Rowley, and no time scale is mentioned, I'd take it as read that it's a life ban.

Very sad, but absolutely esssential I'm afraid.

mr f.trucker

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 08:21:46 AM »

At last this obnoxious individual is banned,I hope for life.

Knobsock.

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 10:15:07 AM »

no more verbals from DB at the end of the game!  result...

Well done Alty FC, the only criticism I have is that it took so long.

AltyFanInNottm

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 08:11:34 PM »

Funnily enough he was acting mental at the Solihull away game, earlier in the season. We moved to the opposite side of the ground on that day to escape his rantings.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 08:27:48 PM »

Knobsock.

Now we just need to palm you off to Hyde :-)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »

Knobsock.

Now we just need to palm you off to Hyde :-)

It all suddenly makes sense - were hyde at home on Saturday??
ParkINson's red and white army

Ascot Alty

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 12:11:19 AM »

This should never have happened. Some lad got racially abused on Saturday because we didn't ban the cretin at the last opportunity. Nobody is suprised it happened, it was always on the cards. That's the shame of it all.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 02:19:00 AM »

This should never have happened. Some lad got racially abused on Saturday because we didn't ban the cretin at the last opportunity. Nobody is suprised it happened, it was always on the cards. That's the shame of it all.

We attended the Lancaster City versus Altrincham game on the 1st September 2001 at the Giant Axe.  It was the same day England beat Germany in Munich 5-1, so the game is etched into my memory for various reasons.

We sat in the main stand for the first half that day, with the Birch brothers sitting within the main stand as well.  The first half consisted of local children running upto them and getting a vile response in return.  The local children went back for more blood with the usual tirade of abuse.  This was in the main stand at Lancaster City where directors and officials of both teams were sat.  Some people around us were actually laughing at the situation, perhaps in the knowledge that this was a 'comedy' moment free of charge!

It seemed more of a case of 'oh well you know what they are like so leave them to it', so the situation was left as it was.

For me this is a decade too late, I hope his vile brother is next.

Thank you Grahame Rowley
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:21:13 AM by Knutsford Alty »

Ascot Alty

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 08:34:06 AM »

We attended the Lancaster City versus Altrincham game on the 1st September 2001 at the Giant Axe.  It was the same day England beat Germany in Munich 5-1, so the game is etched into my memory for various reasons.

We sat in the main stand for the first half that day, with the Birch brothers sitting within the main stand as well.  The first half consisted of local children running upto them and getting a vile response in return.  The local children went back for more blood with the usual tirade of abuse.  This was in the main stand at Lancaster City where directors and officials of both teams were sat.  Some people around us were actually laughing at the situation, perhaps in the knowledge that this was a 'comedy' moment free of charge!

It seemed more of a case of 'oh well you know what they are like so leave them to it', so the situation was left as it was.

For me this is a decade too late, I hope his vile brother is next.

Thank you Grahame Rowley

I do recall that game, for a few reasons. I vaguely recall his behaviour although I must say i've seen it many many times going right back 15-20 years. Some of the others no doubt have seen it long before that. Ive laughed, cried an despaired on different occasions at this maniac. I remember scarily walking home from the match across alty golf course when i was a teenager becaue him and his brother were behaving like members of the deranged cannibal family in texas chainsaw massacre. Oddballs doesn't even begin to cover it.

The club made a blunder if you ask me. His racial abuse has been made aware to the club in the past. Its a big step to ban someone for life but its an even bigger step to get on a pitch and play football knowing theres every chance some pratt will abuse you for no other reason than the colour of your skin. Its 2012 ffs.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »

I don't know whether it was him or his brother who just sat and had a go at me and my mate for the first hour of the journey back from Luton in the FA Cup.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Birch banned