PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics to be kicked out of Conference North
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vics to be kicked out of Conference North  (Read 4123 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vics to be kicked out of Conference North
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 12:39:35 AM »

I doubt it will happen, but you never know.

I expect the Conf to expel them........like they did pre-season.........only for the FA to make the Conf back-down

that is exactly what will happen.  The rule about paying 100% of the creditors is meant in good faith but if a club has come to a CVA with their creditors I think it is over the top for the league to punish them further. Rightly or wrongly Vics won't get demoted at the end of this season - hope they get relegated though!

main site " Now Vics [are] considering whether to ask a judge to decide if league officials should be allowed to insist on a full settlement, even if creditors say they will accept a smaller amount. 'I agree that everybody should be paid, from the top goalscorer right through to the guy who delivers the pies on match day', said Rushe.' 

Sorry York Alty completely disagree. The Conference are dead right to insist that membership of their League should be restricted to clubs who pay their bills. Surely its for the executive of an organisation to determine the rules by which someone should be a member, not people who are owed money by one of them.

Interesting comments about the FA over-turniing an expulsion instigated by the Conference. I thought Chester got away with it because the FA decided Conference rules didn't apply to them as they had been relegated from the FL. Not the case with Vics.

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 08:10:42 AM »

I agree....it's a membership of a club where you can only join or be a member under the club rules.

Difference between legality and morality...the law is an ass and I applaud those who stand up for the moral case.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 09:00:43 AM »

Does anyone know if this is a new rule that the Conference have put in place this season? It can't have been around for that long - Crawley for example didn't seem to be afected by it when they were in admin. It just seems odd that the fact of this rule's existence has sort of crept out rather than being formally announced.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics to be kicked out of Conference North