PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics Thrown Out of Conf North
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Vics Thrown Out of Conf North  (Read 15621 times)

Jezza

Re: Vics Thrown Out of Conf North
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 10:19:34 AM »

Well I couldn't care less what division Vics are in if they're not in our league (I'd rather they were still with us for the xmas dervy obviously) but i did think the rule sounded a bit harsh in that it was just a question as to what day you were in administration.

But I thought when we appealed we lost because the FA said they could not interfere with conference rules no matter how harshly we were treated?

I notice the vics forum is incredibly quiet almost as if the fans have lost the will?

Although there were a few posts on there calling for immediate promotion back to the BSP.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 10:31:03 AM »

Well I couldn't care less what division Vics are in if they're not in our league (I'd rather they were still with us for the xmas dervy obviously) but i did think the rule sounded a bit harsh in that it was just a question as to what day you were in administration.

But I thought when we appealed we lost because the FA said they could not interfere with conference rules no matter how harshly we were treated?

I notice the vics forum is incredibly quiet almost as if the fans have lost the will?

Although there were a few posts on there calling for immediate promotion back to the BSP.

That's what I remember too.
You'd like to think things have changed because of the disproportionate treatment we recieved but I hardly think so.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

vics lad

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 05:44:56 PM »

No problem.
Can't wait for the spend spend spend........."we have got to overcome the 10 point deduction and get back into the Conf National asap whatever the cost. Sod the bills it's party time" statement from the rob-dogs down the A56.

For me the FA are sending out the wrong message to teams run as poorly as this one is. I for one hope that some form of action can still be taken, not because it's Vics, but because it's WRONG

The reason the F.A chose to uphold or appeal was presumably because the conference had kicked us out using a rule that they were looking to abolish next week.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 05:48:22 PM »

No problem.
Can't wait for the spend spend spend........."we have got to overcome the 10 point deduction and get back into the Conf National asap whatever the cost. Sod the bills it's party time" statement from the rob-dogs down the A56.

For me the FA are sending out the wrong message to teams run as poorly as this one is. I for one hope that some form of action can still be taken, not because it's Vics, but because it's WRONG

The reason the F.A chose to uphold or appeal was presumably because the conference had kicked us out using a rule that they were looking to abolish next week.

But a rule that currently exists and is applied correctly as far as I can see. We were explicitly told that the FA do not have the power to interfere with the conference rules.

York Alty

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2009, 07:51:19 PM »

come on everybody.

WE ALL KNOW THE FA / CONFERENCE DECISIONS ARE MADE BY PULLING ANSWERS FROM A HAT.

The best thing any club can do is make sure they are never put into a position where these fools make judgements about you.

Jezza

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 07:25:48 AM »

Shortly after we were done the rule we were punished under was also changed!!

markecky

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2009, 08:37:23 AM »

They will be kicked out at the AGM anyway, and especially so now they have embarassed the conference in the football world.

Seems magic Jim has a hatful of cash for lawyers bit no money for local carpet fitters who cannot feed their children.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2009, 09:07:47 AM »

The Northwich Guardian says that "The Football Association were ‘brave’ to back Vics’ appeal against expulsion from the Football Conference, according to the solicitor hired to fight the club’s corner. Richard Cramer told the Guardian that the game’s governing body had made a common sense decision. 'They made the right move', he said. 'It was a brave one but, in my view, correct given the fact that the sanction of a 10-point deduction is very much the modern way of imposing sporting sanctions on professional clubs...

A perfect legal argument - precedent exists therefore all similar cases must follow suit. Trouble is the Conference is looking to change this orthodoxy which results in clubs viewing entering administration as being a relatively risk free strategy. As`Ecky says, Hell hath no fury like a Conference Board scorned...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »

If Vics are kicked out at the AGM does the FA not possess the power to simply overrule them again?
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »

Under what rule will they be kicked out? The FA have already said they cant be kicked out or is there something else that they can be booted for?

Graham

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »

They will be kicked out at the AGM anyway, and especially so now they have embarassed the conference in the football world.

The statement issued by the Conference states that Vics will play in BSN with a -10 point deduction...just need to find some players now.

markecky

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2009, 01:42:02 PM »

I'm sure you have to have a CVA agreed before the AGM...

Scarborough thought they had done it all...then got booted..

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2009, 01:47:59 PM »

The Football Conference has issued a statement on Northwich Vics' successful appeal. "A Football Association Appeals Panel yesterday considered an Appeal by Northwich Victoria Football Club against a decision of The Football Conference Limited. The Company considered the Club was not eligible for membership of the Competition for the 2009/2010 season following the Insolvency Event suffered by the Club in May 2009. The Football Association Panel upheld the Club’s Appeal, but amended the Football Conference’s decision. The Panel determined, in this case, the Club was eligible for membership but decided it should start next season in Conference North on minus ten points".

Open to opinions, but that looks lke a carefully worded statement distancing itself from the FA panel's findings. I was under the impression that if a member club is in admin, the adminstrators need to have an agreed CVA with the club's creditors before the AGM for the club to remain a member of the Conference. Jim Rushe has already said that won't be the case come Saturday. If a CVA is not in place it means that NVFC Ltd is open to a winding up order from any one of its creditors i.e. they couild be liquidated. The Conference are in effect saying  'if you still are open to possible liquidation at the AGM you cannot reasonably tell us you will be able to fulfill your fixtures for the forthcoming season'. It's a different story if it happens mid season but in the close season where membership is confirmed it's a different matter.

I absolutely back the Conference's stance against clubs who live beyond their means. I bet they're not impressed by the statements emanating from Vics over the decision. A business going into administration is after all an admission it was not sustainable and is principally a mechanism for the benefit of creditors who are owed money - not a means by which the same directors can do it all again. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics Thrown Out of Conf North