PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics Thrown Out of Conf North
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Vics Thrown Out of Conf North  (Read 15623 times)

thegazelle

Re: Vics Thrown Out of Conf North
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2009, 06:21:18 PM »

not sure if i object to being a "down trodden Old timer"

i know, i'll ask the nurse what she thinks Pah

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2009, 06:37:12 PM »

That is his perogative, as Bobby Brown taught us in the early nineties, but for me he doesn't fit the Alty mould.

2 can play at that game Ecky ;)
ParkINson's red and white army

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 08:20:38 PM »

Its on the conference forum that the FA have overruled the BSP and that Vics will start next season on -10 in the BSN. Not sure if this is true, anyone know?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 08:29:49 PM »

Its on the conference forum that the FA have overruled the BSP and that Vics will start next season on -10 in the BSN. Not sure if this is true, anyone know?

Its true

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/vics/4426594.BREAKING_NEWS__Vics_win_FA_appeal/
@AltyDaz

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 09:12:18 PM »

All they need now is a ground, a team and the money to pay the players with ... oh, hang on a minute, I forgot ...........
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 09:14:34 PM »

Interesting precedent then, I reckon now Chester will start in the BSP on -10 too at least giving us a derby. Boston fans will be pleased  ;D

If so however, not looking good for Woking at the AGM Cup. Hmm, mixed feelings, my second nearest game, nearest before AFCW came up, but a big payday at home matters, especially as Setanta money now seems unlikely.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:18:56 PM by SW »
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

York Alty

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 09:19:41 PM »

staggering.  yet another seemingly random decision.  Will the FA please charge themselves with bringing the game into disrepute.

the hunchbacks are still in the mire anyway.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 09:20:14 PM »

For me he doesn't fit the Alty mould.

What is the Alty mould though? Whole-hearted, shaven-headed, tough tackling players are brilliant, but surely there is some room for a bit more class in the side, not taking anything away from the likes of Little, Johnson, Senior.

This comes back to the question of ambition. The likes of Gunners11 and James Black (RIP) got derided on here for daring to even dream of promotion or the play-offs. Without a bit more quality this won't happen, but then I suppose that would suit the downtrodden old-timers for whom the top half of the table is the height of their ambition.

There is always room for class in a side but to improve the team we've got now enough to get promoted would take serious money which we haven't got (yet) .

And don't start telling this 'old-timer' about the height of my ambition - it's to get in League 1 with gates of 3-4000 but it's not going to happen in the near future.
The people you mentioned didn't get 'derided' (I would have said 'disagreed with') for daring to dream and for their ambition but rather for their, in some cases, total lack of realism - something you seem to be starting to exhibit.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 09:23:49 PM »

No problem.
Can't wait for the spend spend spend........."we have got to overcome the 10 point deduction and get back into the Conf National asap whatever the cost. Sod the bills it's party time" statement from the rob-dogs down the A56.

For me the FA are sending out the wrong message to teams run as poorly as this one is. I for one hope that some form of action can still be taken, not because it's Vics, but because it's WRONG
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2009, 09:25:38 PM »

For me he doesn't fit the Alty mould.

I suppose that would suit the downtrodden old-timers for whom the top half of the table is the height of their ambition.

Ouch...realism v ambition..we could go on for weeks.

Talk of promotion without "no strings attached" investment is pie in the sky bollocks.  Feel free to dream though.

thegazelle

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 10:16:04 PM »

I think i object to being called a realist.................................... is it have a go at the gazelle week.

people who know me well say one of my greatest assets is that i am deluded, my mother still tells me i should grow up thats not the behaviour of a realist.

if a deluded old man can see the the truth it must be true we will finish in 16th place

Simon Arron

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 10:44:20 PM »

My mother still tells me i should grow up.
If it's any consolation, your mother still thinks I should grow up, too...

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2009, 12:02:08 AM »

I'm glad they've survived even with a ten point penalty.....whatever has happened I would not want ANY club (except maybe Chelsea but it ain't gonna happen) to go out of business.

Like them or not the Vics fans feel as passionate about their Club as we do about ours so (I'll say it again) I'm glad they still have a Club to support at a level somewhat commensurate with where they should be playing in an ideal world

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2009, 12:40:00 AM »

One in the eye for football administrators attempting to rid the Conference of Chairmen spending what they can't afford. Still, AGM on Saturday.....

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2009, 10:04:53 AM »

I wonder if the Conf was trying to do Vics a favour by letting them know early that they are about to be canned at the AGM.This would then let them plan for next season properley and also help them in the decision making process regarding how best to service the debt......of course we now know that the FA overturned the Conferences decision in the usual random way they operate.

Having escaped one rule breach or non breach (as the case may be) is it still not the case that Vics must have either agreed a CVA before the AGM or paid creditors in full ?

I do not want Vics to go under, but I do think they should be playing at a level that matches their debt and that is not in the Conference competitions
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:08:12 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics Thrown Out of Conf North