PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics Thrown Out of Conf North
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Vics Thrown Out of Conf North  (Read 15622 times)

tottenham alty

Re: Vics Thrown Out of Conf North
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 05:33:37 PM »

Shambolic really.

Not looking like one of Elam's best career moves.

We should try and get Elam back, we played our best footy at the start of the season when he was there. We never reached the heights of that away win at Rushden that was on TV. Elam's pull-back to Col. He was patchy but had that bit of class which we missed when he went.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 05:56:52 PM »

Shambolic really.

We should try and get Elam back, we played our best footy at the start of the season when he was there. We never reached the heights of that away win at Rushden that was on TV. Elam's pull-back to Col. He was patchy but had that bit of class which we missed when he went.

Away win at Rushden...........pretty sure this was a draw

Doubt GH would have Elam back...........he told lies in order to secure a release (I think) from his contract only to re-appear down the A56.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 06:02:27 PM »

Shambolic really.

I wouldn't have him back he went for £'sss and a contract who's laughing now
@AltyDaz

The Red Baron

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 07:02:17 PM »

Elam told the club that he wanted to leave to play first team football. He did not say he was going to Vics.
The club only found out he was going to Vics a day later when the Vics secretary rang up to sort out the paperwork.

Says it all about Elam really.

Graham

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »

Elam told the club that he wanted to leave to play first team football. He did not say he was going to Vics.

Says it all about Elam really.

No real axe to grind either way but why do you feel it was "wrong" for Elam to persue first team football at Vics?

joe

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 09:10:56 PM »

I think the grudge with Elam is he asked to be released from his contract so he could move nearer to his Yorkshire home then signed for Vics the next day which is slightly further away! He was obviously tapped up but conducted himself in totally the wrong manner.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 09:18:05 PM »

Elam has moved from club to club throughout his career, always chasing the next pay day, leopards don't change their spots. Maybe he'll be at Gateshead next year or something.

markecky

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 09:22:48 PM »

I wouldn't mind betting he is camping outside Fleetwoods ground as we speak...

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »

How and why would you join a sinking ship

Despite their financial difficulties and threatened demotion to the UniBond League, NL Daily reports that "Northwich Victoria have brought in central defender Mark Cadwallader from Principality Welsh Premier outfit Airbus UK Broughton... 20-year-old Cadwallader graduated through Chester City's youth system and made several appearances for the reserves before joining Bangor City in March 2007. He moved on to Connah's Quay Nomads three months later before joining the Wingmakers".

I thought they had a transfer embargo
@AltyDaz

Stockportalty

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 10:07:05 AM »

It seems ridiculous for a club that is in the financial situation that Vics are in at the moment, to be even thinking of bringing players in, making promises of wages that may not be paid. I would also question the intelligence of any player wanting to sign for a club in those circumstances. But this is the soap opera that is Vics, so anything is possible.
One question though, where are they planning to play their home matches next season, in whichever league they are in, I have not heard that Rushe has bought the ground and if the situation ia as bad as it sounds he won't be in a position to buy it for a while. Don't thay have to be able to declare a 'home' stadium before the FA will let them into a league?

Jenga

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 12:57:13 PM »

Elam has moved from club to club throughout his career, always chasing the next pay day

I hope he is fit and has a good pair of trainers because he has one hell of alot of chasing to do around the streets of Northwich!!!!

I would NOT want Elam back at ML = FACT.

tottenham alty

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 01:57:08 PM »

Elam has moved from club to club throughout his career, always chasing the next pay day

I hope he is fit and has a good pair of trainers because he has one hell of alot of chasing to do around the streets of Northwich!!!!

I would NOT want Elam back at ML = FACT.

Why do you think there is always a club after him - because he is essentially a league-standard footballer playing in non-league. We will struggle to find anybody who immediately looks a class apart, as Elam did at times. I'm sure he was good for the attackers to train with and raised the bar at the club for a while.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 02:17:07 PM »

I think quite a lot of people would disagree with you.

Elam is a one-trick-pony who didn't turn it on nearly often enough to warrant a place in the starting line-up. He was good as an impact player if his mind was on the game - and that wasn't all the time by any means.

As for lots of teams being after him, that's more to do with their desperation rather than his quality.

At his absolute best he was vry good but that was only a few times and not usually for a whole match. If he could be at his best consistently then he would be playing in the league but then so would many other players in the BSP - including several at ML.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 02:38:06 PM »

For me he is a player living off past glories.

When we signed I was buzzing but he only showed glimpses of the Elam that scared us so often for Exeter and Weymouth.

He go anywhere for 50p more.

That is his perogative, as Bobby Brown taught us in the early nineties, but for me he doesn't fit the Alty mould.

tottenham alty

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 06:14:24 PM »

For me he doesn't fit the Alty mould.

What is the Alty mould though? Whole-hearted, shaven-headed, tough tackling players are brilliant, but surely there is some room for a bit more class in the side, not taking anything away from the likes of Little, Johnson, Senior.

This comes back to the question of ambition. The likes of Gunners11 and James Black (RIP) got derided on here for daring to even dream of promotion or the play-offs. Without a bit more quality this won't happen, but then I suppose that would suit the downtrodden old-timers for whom the top half of the table is the height of their ambition.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics Thrown Out of Conf North