PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 just a thought could we......
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: just a thought could we......  (Read 12764 times)

Alex

Re: just a thought could we......
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 11:25:22 PM »

two points 1. alty dave you want to drop chalmers are you off you head he's one of the best players we have this year.
                  2. yes saturday worked against SOUTHPORT ! ! ! ! 

you need to consider that we are going to come across better opposition and the stronger midfield is required to win us the ball and keep it. chalmers and lawton are excellent going forward and stevie and eddie are good at winning it and holding on to it.
as for Band u gotta love the guy top class defender but i feel at the moment we are just acomodating him. so untill we can put him somewhere he is needed instead of just playing him because he is there no matter wether it's at the back or up front. this just upsets the balence of the team.

ioko

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 10:48:17 AM »

I think it is key that GH picks the side based on form and current performances and not on who the "name" player is.
Acton should remain in goal untol such time as he is injured or suffers a dip in for, then Stu gets his chance.

Bandy should also sit it out until Rose or Munroe get injured/suspended/suffer a loss of form. For me, Bandy is a centre half and these experiments of fitting him into the 1st XI no matter where just dont work for me (we have Scotty and Peyton down the left and, hopefully, Thomson can be the big hold up guy in attack -  so Bandy need not fill any of these roles).

The only one who should walk back in for me is Colin Little simply because we have no-one else who can do what he does - score goals regularly.   

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 11:16:13 AM »

I agree.
I think that's what I was trying to say earlier but I think some people thought I was having a go at Bandy when nothing is further from the truth. He is a fantastic player for us and has been a fabulous servant to the club.
I'm sure that there will be lots of times in the season when he'll get his chance at the back again with suspensions, injuries etc - we just need GH to reassure all the squad (and I'm sure he is doing) that they are needed and valued by the management and, us, the supporters.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

conf2006

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 11:23:33 AM »

For me it has to be on form ie acton stays in team until loss of form same with munroe and rose over bandy who imo is a centre half only. we had  much better shape when he went off on sat. scotty is ok at left back we could do with left footed one , peyton is a midfielder imo.apart from that a wide man or sriker with pace is something we lack

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 05:31:25 PM »

Firstly, sorry to Alti Si, I was out of order saying you have no hope. We're are all entitled to our opinions and should not be abused for sharing them, I'am sory.

Secondly if we did get a left footed left back (which I agree we need) who play at right back Aspinall or Scott?
Full time and proud of it

conf2006

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 05:33:54 PM »

tough one to call scott a bit better defensively but assa can be a good passer and rarely misses a pen

radcliffe alty

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 06:06:50 PM »

Scott to me is far more gifted than Aspinall on the ball. Azza is crucial to have on though in case of penalties and has done well this season so far. Solid, and always gives his all - and I ask no more of any Alty player.

Not sure about him being a good passer of the ball though. Many an attack breaks down with a wayward Azza pass to no one, and he is often predictable with his long cross field passes from the half way line, which never really get us going forward particularly quickly. I think he needs to be a bit more confident coming forward with the ball, although he probably told not to come much further than the half way line.

He has a cracking shot on him though when he connects. I can't wait to see a weaving Azza run up the right, out of defence, cutting inside, before unleashing an unstoppable 30 yard piledriver into the top corner.  ;D

Alex

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 07:04:36 PM »

Secondly if we did get a left footed left back (which I agree we need) who play at right back Aspinall or Scott?

one minuet before you were saying how to change the team would be out of the question whilst everyone is in-form, and now you want to drop aspinall (who i might point out is our leading goal scorer i think)
azza i a good player who does give the ball away on errant passes i will admit but still he is a good player and i would start him over scott.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 07:17:57 PM »

I never said 'to change the team woukd be out the question whilst everyone is in-form'! And I didn't say I wanted to drop Aspinall.

Alex

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 07:23:26 PM »

so where is he going to play when you bring in gary scott?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 08:17:52 PM »

I never said put Scott on, I was merley posing the question?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 10:50:47 PM »

Scott to me is far more gifted than Aspinall on the ball. Azza is crucial to have on though in case of penalties and has done well this season so far. Solid, and always gives his all - and I ask no more of any Alty player.

Not sure about him being a good passer of the ball though. Many an attack breaks down with a wayward Azza pass to no one, and he is often predictable with his long cross field passes from the half way line, which never really get us going forward particularly quickly. I think he needs to be a bit more confident coming forward with the ball, although he probably told not to come much further than the half way line.

He has a cracking shot on him though when he connects. I can't wait to see a weaving Azza run up the right, out of defence, cutting inside, before unleashing an unstoppable 30 yard piledriver into the top corner.  ;D

Hmmm, Asa (bar Colin Little) is probably the best player technique wise at the club. I'm astonished that you think he isn't a good passer of the  ball. It takes 2 to tango, a good pass needs an intelligent striker, that may be a problem. Options are not always available either but Asa is extremely cultured, how many decent crossfield balls do you see drilled by other players. I still see his controlled driven low pass over 50 yards (difficult) after taking time on the ball to set Kieran away at Aldershot.

A very, very intelligent footballer is Steve Aspinall.

Bath Alty

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 11:10:12 PM »

Here here (or is that hear hear?)  anyway a good point you make.  That was a cracking pass.  As I've said before Aspinall has played well in all the games down South.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 11:22:36 PM »

Here here (or is that hear hear?)

It's 'hear hear' and is an abbreviated form of the shouts that would go up in parliament of 'hear him, hear him' when another member of the chamber agreed with the speaker (the speaker on the floor, not the speaker of the house).
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 11:38:20 PM »

Alex & Alty Si, it is good to voice our opinions here we all have valied points. I am just glad i am not GH and have to make these decisions when all the squad is fit!

Hopefully GH will pick the correct team on saturday.

Sorry if i was a bit strong with my comments, we are all passionate about Alty!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 just a thought could we......