Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans website to vote on takeover (Ebbsfleet Utd)

Author Topic: Fans website to vote on takeover (Ebbsfleet Utd)  (Read 1072 times)

matnvfcmad

« on: January 16, 2008, 07:17:59 PM »

Members of fans' website MyFootballClub are being given the chance to vote on the takeover of Ebbsfleet United.
Over 27,000 members can cast their votes over the next seven days on the club's £635,000 takeover and over 50% must consent for it to go through.

MyFootballClub creator Will Brooks said: "We believe it will be the first community-website takeover of its kind in the world, not only in football."

"We are confident of an overwhelming 'yes' vote," added Brooks.

In November MyFootballClub announced it had reached agreement with Blue Square Premier League club Ebbsfleet to buy control of the Kent side.

Each of its members have paid £35 to provide a £700,000 takeover pot and, should the majority back the move to acquire a 75% controlling stake, all will own an equal share in the club.

As long as everyone takes it as seriously as the players, and I and the coaching staff do, then I don't see any problem

Liam Daish
Ebbsfleet manager

Should the deal go through, MyFootballClub will assist manager Liam Daish with funds for the January transfer window.

In a landmark for English football, members will vote on player selection, transfers and all major decisions.

The first "Internet" team selection is scheduled for March.

"It's a wonderful opportunity for the club," said Brian Kilcullen, who will take over as interim chairman from club chairman Jason Botley should the takeover be finalised.

"It's been great to see Ebbsfleet fans and new supporters from around the world coming together, both at Stonebridge Road and online."

Daish's contract will be extended by a year to the end of the 2008/09 season as part of the deal and the Ebbsfleet boss backed the buyout.

"This will enable us to carry on at this level," Daish told BBC Radio Kent.

606: DEBATE
We should unite in this historical project which has been proposed

floridaRoberto62

"I don't envisage getting £20,000 for a player, but I hope to be able to get a couple of bodies in and secure the players who are here already.

"Barring John Akinde everybody's contract is up at the end of the season. It will secure the services of these players and help them to push on to the next level."

But Daish urged members not to treat team selection as a computer game.

"They're dealing with a bunch of players whose livelihoods are at stake. They support their families with what they earn here, they don't earn anything else.

"As long as everyone takes it as seriously as the players, and I and the coaching staff do, then I don't see any problem."

MyFootballClub members could be in control of team selection

MyFootballClub members unable to attend Ebbsfleet's matches will have to familiarise themselves with the squad via the website.

A free match highlights package is to be made available to members along with a player statistic and analysis facility.

Ebbsfleet were formerly Gravesend and Northfleet but the club's name was changed in May in a bid to tap into the regeneration of the area.

They are currently eight in the Blue Square Premier, three points off a play-off place for entry to the Football League.

The Financial Services Authority has approved the setting up of the MyFootballClub Trust to safeguard members' interests in the eventuality of the club running into financial difficulties.

Members have until 23 January to cast their vote

i think the true supporters of ebbsfleet are getting pushed out of the decisions that are happening

what are your opinions on ebbsfleets affairs
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team