PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carl Munroe
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Carl Munroe  (Read 6955 times)

joe

Re: Carl Munroe
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 03:55:09 PM »

Lane can also play at centre back  but i can't remember azza or scotty ever playing there. Still with the three recognised centre backs plus Lane as cover i think its probably a wise move to release Munroe and free up some wages rather than him kick his heels in the main stand on a match day.

The Fan

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 04:20:11 PM »

I'm a little surprised. Wouldn't have been top of my Chopping List.

le bignose

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 04:52:35 PM »

who would have been the top of your list out of curiosity mate?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 04:53:11 PM »

Shame about Munners and I wish him well. He turned out to be a decent player for us (most recent memory his excellent performance at Stevenage) and was, well is, a nice bloke as well. Like I said, with options there probably best for him that he goes (maybe Stalybridge or Southport as both were at the game last week). Unfortunately as much as he and Rosie surprised us last season we did actually get relegated and prob would do so agaian. We have to look upwards.

p.s. Asa is a far more intelligent footballer than some on here give him credit for.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 05:10:18 PM »

king is a central defender by trade.

Good luck karl best wishes wherever you may end up.

The Fan

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 05:45:22 PM »

who would have been the top of your list out of curiosity mate?

A certain winger who doesn't like rain and who has, lets be honest, flattered to deceive more often than not. Also question the logic of only having "players who can fill in at Centre Half" as opposed to having dedicated players in, what is, a crucial position. Tino is 38 and could go at anytime and the new lad from Halifax has only played one game. I suppose with Shotton being significantly superior to all at the back, he is able to fit in anywhere so GH felt he could afford to let Karl go. If Shotton is going to fill in for Lane at right back, I cannot see where Asa has a future to be honest.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 07:25:55 PM »

I'm not shocked at all that Karl has gone, we have plenty of cover there now and if we need to free up more cash it's a good move.

Only problem I see in the long run is getting more loan signings as I'm sure we can only have 5 in any match squad.

plenty of cover?

this decision both shocks and amazes me!!!!!!

Why? We have Shotton, Tinson, Young, King can play there as can Lane. I'd say 5 is enough. Unless we are going to play more than 2 at a time!!!

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 08:22:49 PM »

all the best karl.

Altyant

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 08:33:24 PM »

I'm not shocked at all that Karl has gone, we have plenty of cover there now and if we need to free up more cash it's a good move.

Only problem I see in the long run is getting more loan signings as I'm sure we can only have 5 in any match squad.

plenty of cover?

Why? We have Shotton, Tinson, Young, King can play there as can Lane. I'd say 5 is enough. Unless we are going to play more than 2 at a time!!!

All the best Karl

Only thing that does concern me is the summer - Tinson, Shotton & King wont be here next season as may the be the case with Young. We could find we need to bed in an entirely new centre back pairing at the start of next season.  I was surprised to see him go, but he hasnt seemed to be fit since his recent injury

Alty365

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 08:43:09 PM »

plenty of cover?

All the best Karl

Only thing that does concern me is the summer - Tinson, Shotton & King wont be here next season as may the be the case with Young. We could find we need to bed in an entirely new centre back pairing at the start of next season.  I was surprised to see him go, but he hasnt seemed to be fit since his recent injury

If they keep us up I will live with it though.  :)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 08:43:44 PM »

Good luck Karl you certainly proved the Alty fans wrong from getting sent off at Tamworth.
To becoming an Alty regular and very good player.
I may be wrong on this one but didn't we all cheer when he got sent off? At the lamb in some cup game
@AltyDaz

Altyant

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 08:47:03 PM »

plenty of cover?

All the best Karl

If they keep us up I will live with it though.  :)

Very true Sir :)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 09:38:36 PM »

yer good luck to the lad, served us well, and agree with the comment of GH/GB taking no prisoners now with players coming in an out!! But i for one can only say thank god for this as there seems to be more balance within the team and the players recruited

How long do you think Aza has in the current squad cos i for one cant see him lasting that long or fitting in with what looks like a better "footballing" team, rather than "lets tw*t it up the field" style of player that, in fairness, Aza has down to a tee!!!

Asa, to be fair is both more versatile in terms of the positions he can fill almost adequately and also much, much more disciplined.

How many times has Munroe given away a daft free kick (or more expensively, a penalty) because he lacked self control. Also how many times did he gallop 20-30 yards to get involved with summat that was nowt to do with him and end up getting hisself cautioned or sent off?

Fully agree with that!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 09:39:05 PM »

Good luck Karl you certainly proved the Alty fans wrong from getting sent off at Tamworth.
I may be wrong on this one but didn't we all cheer when he got sent off? At the lamb in some cup game

I seem to recall him being sent off at Burton Albion....after enduring a nightmare performance.

Wasn't it a game that was played on Sunday afternoon?

I remember watching it 'live' on the internet.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 10:00:13 PM »

I seem to recall him being sent off at Burton Albion....after enduring a nightmare performance.

Wasn't it a game that was played on Sunday afternoon?

I remember watching it 'live' on the internet.

Correct
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carl Munroe