PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carl Munroe
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Carl Munroe  (Read 6959 times)

Jenga

Carl Munroe
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:22:19 PM »

Best wishes to Carl for the future.

GH is certainly taking no prisoners now. I never expected Carl to be released. I am taking this as a new hard line approach from the management. With players like Carl going they surely mean business.

Daycare Dan

Re: Carl Munroe
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:24:56 PM »

I'm not shocked at all that Karl has gone, we have plenty of cover there now and if we need to free up more cash it's a good move.

Only problem I see in the long run is getting more loan signings as I'm sure we can only have 5 in any match squad.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 12:40:04 PM »

Good luck Carl, defiantly progressed as a footballer while at Alty...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 12:44:07 PM »

Mr Laidlar says that Greg Young has been signed on loan on the main site - but earlier he said he had been released by Halifax and signed untilthe end of the season. I think the latter is correct. Does anyone know definitively?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

le bignose

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 12:53:18 PM »

yer good luck to the lad, served us well, and agree with the comment of GH/GB taking no prisoners now with players coming in an out!! But i for one can only say thank god for this as there seems to be more balance within the team and the players recruited

How long do you think Aza has in the current squad cos i for one cant see him lasting that long or fitting in with what looks like a better "footballing" team, rather than "lets tw*t it up the field" style of player that, in fairness, Aza has down to a tee!!!

louise1925

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 12:54:35 PM »

Good luck Karl. Always gave 100% and will be an asset to any club.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 01:11:42 PM »

yer good luck to the lad, served us well, and agree with the comment of GH/GB taking no prisoners now with players coming in an out!! But i for one can only say thank god for this as there seems to be more balance within the team and the players recruited

How long do you think Aza has in the current squad cos i for one cant see him lasting that long or fitting in with what looks like a better "footballing" team, rather than "lets tw*t it up the field" style of player that, in fairness, Aza has down to a tee!!!

Asa, to be fair is both more versatile in terms of the positions he can fill almost adequately and also much, much more disciplined.

How many times has Munroe given away a daft free kick (or more expensively, a penalty) because he lacked self control. Also how many times did he gallop 20-30 yards to get involved with summat that was nowt to do with him and end up getting hisself cautioned or sent off?

matnvfcmad

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 01:15:47 PM »

karl munroe was useless at vics however i wish him the best wherever he goes

le bignose

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 01:17:09 PM »

all valid points, but you cant justify the ability of aza at this level he is out of his depth. Admittedly he works hard when on, but nothing more!! And its garenteed that when aza gets the ball its going up in the air for a 50- 50, so not retaining possession, similar to your comments for Munroe giving away fouls etc. An area we seem to be turning now

But i agree with him being more flexible, especially when leaning back and hoofing the ball ha!!

Frosty

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 01:54:17 PM »

I'm not shocked at all that Karl has gone, we have plenty of cover there now and if we need to free up more cash it's a good move.

Only problem I see in the long run is getting more loan signings as I'm sure we can only have 5 in any match squad.

plenty of cover?

this decision both shocks and amazes me!!!!!!

Alex

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 02:00:27 PM »

yeah tinson,shotton,lane,azza,scotty,young how many more defenders do you want? karl wasn't even making the bench in the past few weeks, i say it's the best move for both parties.

good luck karl

Frosty

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 02:06:04 PM »

Lane, azza and scotty? Weren't aware they were able to fill it at centre back.

A big surprise that both our central defenders from last season have left.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 02:27:35 PM »

Good luck karl.

GH was saying he is not on football manager either!

Was there a hint there?

Alex

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 02:32:55 PM »

Lane, azza and scotty? Weren't aware they were able to fill it at centre back.

all of them have played center half at some point this year thats why i bring up that they are the cover

Frosty

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 02:53:21 PM »

wasn't aware of that, still surprised though
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carl Munroe