PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two points to make
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Two points to make  (Read 3688 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Two points to make
« on: March 23, 2013, 07:33:21 PM »

1) wasn't the atmosphere so much better with us finally reverting to tradition and shooting towards the goal road end second half, you have to go with what the players are more comfortable with, but I think its much better when we attack the golf road second half

2) Everyone's assuming three clubs are battling for one playoff place, Brackley are two bad results away from blowing it, they seemed to be totally uncatchable, even only a month ago....

JDN

Re: Two points to make
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »

1) wasn't the atmosphere so much better with us finally reverting to tradition and shooting towards the goal road end second half, you have to go with what the players are more comfortable with, but I think its much better when we attack the golf road second half

2) Everyone's assuming three clubs are battling for one playoff place, Brackley are two bad results away from blowing it, they seemed to be totally uncatchable, even only a month ago....
I don't think Brackley will get the play offs at all, and we will come 4th

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 07:42:44 PM »

i think point one is very important the atmosphere has been lacking of late much better today
ParkINson's red and white army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 07:44:09 PM »

brackley away to gbore on tues

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 07:50:47 PM »

Please can we not start using those sh*t nonleagueforum alternate names for clubs on here? How calling Brackley "Broccoli" is supposed to be funny is beyond me.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »

i think point one is very important the atmosphere has been lacking of late much better today
Indeed

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 08:54:03 PM »

Agree 100% about attacking the Golf Road end in the 2nd half - Its the home end .

Have to say - It was bloody freezing today and well done to all the hardy souls who braved the elements .

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 09:07:15 PM »

Please can we not start using those sh*t nonleagueforum alternate names for clubs on here? How calling Brackley "Broccoli" is supposed to be funny is beyond me.

Just think of it as one of your "5 A Day" Nicky   ;)

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 10:12:03 PM »

Yeah totally lets get a good atmosphere back at the ground! Its been too long since we've had a good sing song, hopefully the new players will see what Alty's all about!

If players do read this and we win the toss please shoot towards the Golf Road in the 1st Half as its always better when we shoot towards the chequers end second half.

If the stewards are reading this please keep it segregated cos personally I thinks its cr@ p when everyone gets spread out when they open the gates!!

I'm confused - which way is the prefered way for the first and 2nd halves !?

roytonmike

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 10:29:23 PM »

According to the match report on the main website"Worcester won the toss and elected to change ends" - presumably so as to have the wind at their backs in the first half. That makes a difference to the first half of this discussion.

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 03:02:46 PM »

Nah, carry on - it's totally harmless. 

Hamilton

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 03:14:24 PM »

Nah, carry on - it's totally harmless. 

Stalebuns!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 03:20:07 PM »

According to the match report on the main website"Worcester won the toss and elected to change ends" - presumably so as to have the wind at their backs in the first half. That makes a difference to the first half of this discussion.

That's the only thing that they have won in recent times......

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 10:57:57 PM »

Agreed.

It's no surprise that the forum dullards find the whole thing hilarious.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

York Alty

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 11:03:59 PM »

Agreed.

It's no surprise that the forum dullards find the whole thing hilarious.

Huzzah for the cheesemakers, the dullards and the infirm.
Huzzah!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two points to make