PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bizarre letter to the messenger
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bizarre letter to the messenger  (Read 11103 times)

Jezza

« on: May 03, 2010, 12:42:55 PM »

Did anyone else read it? from the guy who seemed to be one minute praising our brilliant bucket collectors then sarcastically telling them they do a great job of missing people out with all the understanding of an u10 football team.

Why on earth write to the messenger instead of speaking to the club or bucket collectors....absolutly bizarre but as a season ticket holder I guess he's entitled to have his say and he was making perhaps a valid point albeit in an unnecessarily sarcastic and derogatory manner.

Have to say i've never had a problem finding a bucket collector to throw my quid at but then I'm savvy about these things....but does the guy have a point? do we need to train our bucket collectors to maximise their currency donation voluntary intake potential?

Incidentally which sooper dooper star is organising this brilliant scheme since Gary Warrington deservedly retired? (jumped before he was pushed I presume)..THAT'S A JOKE!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre letter to the messenger
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 02:26:40 PM »

If they're so unhappy with the situation I'm sure their help would be gratefully received on match days.

Some people just amaze me.
Come on Alty!

seasonticket

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 09:01:57 AM »

I also was puzzled by that strange letter. But what is worse I may have to change my name coz it was not from me.

Jacko

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:11:49 AM »

I've seen people pulling faces at the fact there are bucket collecters so its best to just let people know if they have any spare change by saying it, not by doing it more personally as is suggested.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 10:55:57 AM »

I think the Messenger has a quota of at least 1 bizarre letter per week, but usually manages more.

As stated by others on this thread, it's really not hard to locate the collectors.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Alty FC Idol

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »

Unless they extend half time theres not much more you can do in 15 minutes as we have to get right round the ground with 2/3 of us... Very odd letter!  ???

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 11:09:33 AM »

Bucket Collectors do an excellent job for the club and should be rightly praised.
They give up their time and realistically only have 10mins to do the job they volunteer to do. Some people choose to approach the person collecting and some do not and want them to approach them. All I would say is that more people will be able to contribute if people listened and looked out for the lads\lasses with the buckets and tried to get to them.

And also do the usual plea of if someone would like to do a bucket then let a collector know. the more buckets going round the more chance of getting everyone that wants to contribute.

My booming voice will be back next season so they'll be no excuses for missing the bucket :)

Thanks to those that collect and contribute. Its a great earner for the club.

What some people do is collect change over the close season and put it in one of the buckets next season, I have already started a bag of coins.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 11:23:21 AM »

Do what I always do on the rare occassion I can get to a match these days: look for the bucket collectors!

Seemples!

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 12:36:08 PM »

Do what I always do on the rare occassion I can get to a match these days: look for the bucket collectors!

My kids are always more interested in the washing basket full of sweets - they can spot that a mile away!

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 07:04:13 PM »

and of course some people are never happy unless they are belly-aching about soething or other.  I don't get the Messenger over here but am i right in guessing the letter is from Mr. A. Nonymous?

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 08:52:59 PM »

No...the gentleman gave his name..

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 09:34:31 AM »

The letter now on line www.thisistrafford.co.uk

I WRITE to ask Alty FC to get their act together when collecting funds to ‘save our Squad’ next season.

As a season ticket holder for 10 years I have enjoyed the cut and thrust that is Blue Square football.

My bone of contention is the half-time SOS bucket collection.

This is collected by a bunch of enthusiastic youngsters who follow one another around, similar to an u10 football team who have no understanding of spreading out and passing the ball.

These lads, likewise, do an excellent job in missing vast numbers of fans who would otherwise be happy to throw loose change into a bucket.

By the time you realise that they are close by and you find your change, they have moved on. No amount of ‘hey, hold on a moment’ will bring them back.

During the close season is a perfect time for them to sort out their tactics, so that next season those involved can make a sensible contribution to the club funds.

Thereby helping Alty FC to achieve the glory it richly deserves.

Desmond Nockin, Brooklands

@AltyDaz

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 10:22:10 AM »

Well that has wound me up.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 10:27:16 AM »

The letter now on line www.thisistrafford.co.uk
I WRITE to ask Alty FC to get their act together when collecting funds to ‘save our Squad’ next season.

As a season ticket holder for 10 years I have enjoyed the cut and thrust that is Blue Square football.

These lads, likewise, do an excellent job helping Alty FC to achieve the glory it richly deserves.

Desmond Nockin, Brooklands

I think reading between the lines and getting rid of the 'babble' this is what was supposed to be in the letter and rightly so.

I have an idea... Why not get your change out ready at the half time whistle and then look out for one of the lads with a bucket... Its really not hard to work out ??

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:28:57 AM by gazwarrington »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »

I am absolutely speechless at what I've just read.

Why doesn't Desmond Nockin get his f**king act together and get off his fat arse to go and put money in one of the buckets.

Cheeky bastard!
Come on Alty!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team