PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinclair Recalled
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sinclair Recalled  (Read 6227 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sinclair Recalled
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2023, 05:19:28 PM »

Maybe it's just down to the type of football I want to watch. I'd rather watch an Altrincham FC team than a Manchester United/Fleetwood/Rochdale/Preston/Stoke Reserves Select Xl. I would take the view (and I don't ask or expect anyone to agree with me) that if Altrincham FC is this reliant on loan players then the club isn't ready for this division, and shock horror and heresy hang draw and quarter me is actually maintaining its position under false pretences. But as I said in a previous post I don't really understand football.

You make a bloody good, valid point mate.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2023, 05:35:51 PM »

Maybe it's just down to the type of football I want to watch. I'd rather watch an Altrincham FC team than a Manchester United/Fleetwood/Rochdale/Preston/Stoke Reserves Select Xl. I would take the view (and I don't ask or expect anyone to agree with me) that if Altrincham FC is this reliant on loan players then the club isn't ready for this division, and shock horror and heresy hang draw and quarter me is actually maintaining its position under false pretences. But as I said in a previous post I don't really understand football.

You make a bloody good, valid point mate.

Perfectly valid, of course. We all see things slightly different ways, and at the moment CCC feels more like an Altrincham hero than a Fleetwood one - that's good enough for me, because we're the ones that got to watch it, enjoy it and benefit from it - but I understand why others might feel a bit differently about it.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2023, 05:37:09 PM »

As others have said, it's all about recruitment over the summer. Several of our recruits last summer were not fit for purpose so we have relied too heavily on loanees. I think we're all hoping for better this summer.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2023, 06:02:51 PM »

Exactly. I'm confident Parky and Sorvs have a target list.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2023, 06:29:03 PM »

As others have said, it's all about recruitment over the summer. Several of our recruits last summer were not fit for purpose so we have relied too heavily on loanees. I think we're all hoping for better this summer.

I think that's the nature of non-league though. Baines and Lundstram have been good signings, and we've added the likes of Eddy Jones and Regan Linney to that over the course of the season.

We've had some great loanees in the shape of CCC, Maxi and Tyrese who have all played their part.

In terms of out-and-out flops, who do we have? Brockbank, Barrows, and then Cashman from a loanee point of view.

Lots of 'jury's out' situations, but lots of cases for a stronger second season if these lads all do pre season together with the odd addition along the way.

So pretty mixed, which I suspect is what most clubs tend to find at this sort of level.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2023, 06:33:55 PM »

We've used a total of 48 players in all competitions, to date.

17 different loanees.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2023, 08:34:54 PM »

I think that's the nature of non-league though. Baines and Lundstram have been good signings, and we've added the likes of Eddy Jones and Regan Linney to that over the course of the season.

We've had some great loanees in the shape of CCC, Maxi and Tyrese who have all played their part.

In terms of out-and-out flops, who do we have? Brockbank, Barrows, and then Cashman from a loanee point of view.

Lots of 'jury's out' situations, but lots of cases for a stronger second season if these lads all do pre season together with the odd addition along the way.

So pretty mixed, which I suspect is what most clubs tend to find at this sort of level.

Kaja, Sami, Brockbank, the other 2 full backs.

As for previous season, any striker we took on.
It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2023, 09:47:10 PM »

The loan signing have been much better than the permanent signings
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2023, 09:53:25 PM »

So Hugill is a better signing than Linney? (for example)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2023, 10:35:33 PM »

PS. Who's been a better signing for us than Marriot?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2023, 09:44:32 AM »

Welsh-Hayes is better than Barrows ? (for example)

Full time and proud of it

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2023, 10:19:02 AM »

Not a massive surprise. If a club has a young exciting player who isn't ready to break through to the first team, it's a good strategy to loan them out to get some income and help develop the player.

If a club has a player who is not performing, then they just sell them.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2023, 10:20:19 AM »

Welsh-Hayes is better than Barrows ? (for example)

I've not seen enough of a fit Barrows to judge.
MWH has been part of a defence that's conceded a shed load this season though.

I think the point I'm making is that the situation is not as black and white as your original post might suggest.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 10:22:03 AM by Saughall Robin »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2023, 11:42:44 AM »

Are Barrows and Brockbank contracted for next season?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2023, 12:07:39 PM »

Don't know but I wouldn't have thought so.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinclair Recalled