Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What fixtures will you be looking out for?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What fixtures will you be looking out for?  (Read 8490 times)

fuertes

Re: What fixtures will you be looking out for?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 10:35:12 AM »

The beer/nice places trips, ie Cambridge (twice), Bath, and please let York be a Saturday.

My home game at AFCW.

I'm also going to hope for Gateshead on a Saturday, so I can have my nostalgia Newcassel weekend.

It never happens though it will be a combination of midweek aways and me on call preventing any decent trips. I'll be fine for Crawley.....as ever.

* Edit, Eastbourne away, never made it yet through work, so third time lucky.

Southport fits that bill mate. Long way from SW London though...

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 10:56:38 AM »

I wonder if I'm the only Alty fan to have never been to Southport?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 11:23:04 AM »

We will have wrexham or southport on the august bank holiday

Altyroo

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 11:41:07 AM »

Definately Southport away and fleetwood away. Weekends at the seaside, Wait a minute i live at the seaside ( if you can call Rhyl the seaside).Still Those 2 fixtures are probably going to be the only away games i will get too.
Lokking forward to getting to Moss Lane more next season as well.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 10:44:52 PM »

I'll be looking for games from 21st - 30th August, as I will be missing these games due to holiday (though hopefully I might get back for 30th if it's at home).If Crawley and Histon away can be on those dates, that would be great  ;)
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Dougals Dad

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 11:40:22 PM »

Any home games between 21st-25th Sept - my annual hols in driving distance of Moss Lane

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 08:44:30 AM »

City, Arsenal and Chelsea. Every year I look, but it's always sh*t like Ebbsfleet, FGR and Tamworth instead.

WiganAlty

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 09:39:11 AM »

Bath, Histon/Cambridge and AFC Wimbledon away on a weekend - happy days again!!

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 11:45:46 AM »

Straight to the Xmas Fixtures to see where we'll be spending Boxing Day and NYD, then fingers crossed for Saturday aways at York and Grimsby. Fancy Darlington and Southport as well. AFC Wimbledon sounded amazing last year so throw that in too.

I'd better get saving...!

Bath Altys mate

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 01:57:59 PM »

Good to see so many of you looking forward to coming down to Twerton Park. I've been reading this forum now and again and keeping an eye on Alty for a few seasons having adopted them as a sort of second team, definitely the first fixture I'll be looking for along with Newport. On the subject of City/Alty games, can anyone remember this guy that played for you at our place around 15 years ago? He had the best dodgy hair cut I've ever seen in football, odd looking dreads with a bit on the front that was a sort of dog bone shape hanging down over his face, quality.

JonnyKeen

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 02:35:09 PM »

Good to see so many of you looking forward to coming down to Twerton Park. I've been reading this forum now and again and keeping an eye on Alty for a few seasons having adopted them as a sort of second team, definitely the first fixture I'll be looking for along with Newport. On the subject of City/Alty games, can anyone remember this guy that played for you at our place around 15 years ago? He had the best dodgy hair cut I've ever seen in football, odd looking dreads with a bit on the front that was a sort of dog bone shape hanging down over his face, quality.

You may be referring to Charlie Bradshaw who has passed away very recently. Not sure if it's him you mean though.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 02:56:51 PM »

You may be referring to Charlie Bradshaw who has passed away very recently. Not sure if it's him you mean though.

He's not referring to Charlie Bradshaw. The player in question is Dave Esdaille and the game in question is John King's first game in charge of his 3rd spell in Feb 1994. The description is absolutely bang on!!  :D

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 03:31:15 PM »

Ballers,

Is this Mister Esdaille as he looks these days?

Alas, that unique hairstyle is no more....

http://www.traffordhousingtrust.co.uk/your-community/getting-involved/youth-team/youth-team---staff.aspx

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

brian1925

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »

I live very close to Southport, so looking forward to that greatly. Bath also sounds like a great day out. As an away fan, I'll be staying well away from Fleetwood though.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2010, 04:40:49 PM »

I wouldnt worry about going to fleetwood, once their likely lads have been slapped about by some proper boys from the exleague sides and put firmly in their place, they wont be half as bosterious,anyone can play "The big I am" against vauxhall and harrogate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What fixtures will you be looking out for?