PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote future still unsure
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Heathcote future still unsure  (Read 6366 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Heathcote future still unsure
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »

What has been wrong with his tactics

Have you not been reading this Forum for the last five months?!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 12:29:17 AM »

he's even changing things for the better as we speak for christ sake
/quote]

After 23 league games and only three wins.....he needed to!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jacko

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 12:40:06 AM »

if im not mistaken we are part time and to be quite honest this league is harder this year so i think were doin alright considering......

weve yet to put our usual little run together

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 06:50:10 AM »

We all knew that this is a very tough league and a difficult one to get out off(either end)and that Gh was going to have a difficult job again.Some of the players that Gh had high hopes of did not perform for whatever reason and he has taken steps to sort it.As you know from my posting i am a fan of GH and still think he is the man for the job.Its down to the 11 players he picks to perform and with so few players in the squad sadly if they dont then he cannot say you are dropped untill your performance picks up.I would have loved to see the reserve team being kept,it keeps the players match fit if nothing else.Yes we do need a bigger squad but on our butget lets be honest its not going to happen.I think we have to be realistic and look to just servive in this league for a few season,get a couple of good cup runs and a few bob in then we can start to change things around.
The biggest worry to me so far is the lack of fight from the players,why is this happening are they just so fed up with losing each week that they have lost interest?Lets hope now that that has been addressed and we can start to climb above Farsley and Weymouth.
Harold

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 08:42:17 AM »

he gets criticied because people don't like the tactics and style of play he adopts.

seasonticket

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 09:42:08 AM »

Would any premiership manager do any better than GH with his playing budget and salary.
I don't think so because I don't think a single one of them would have the bottle to take up a challenge that big.
Also there have been questions about tactics. There is only so much you can do tactically with limited resources.
It will be interesting to see how they are used now GH has no assistant.
In spite of what has been said on here about Dalton, and I think he is a very nice person, I keep remembering what was said to the suggestion that he be our next manager just before Bernard Taylor was appointed. The kindest comments I heard were "anyone bar him" and that was from many supporters of long standing.
Give GH a bit more time on his own and see what comes of his talks with Mr Goodwin.

salealty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 09:45:55 AM »

I don't see how one victory changes everything! Although victory at Northwich was sweet the team struggled to beat 8 men.

Lets look at the subs he made with Northwich the score was 1-1 and they were down to 9 men so GH replaces a full back with another full back. The team then continues to play with a back 5 rather than switching to a back 3 and bring on Pat McFadden to chase down their defenders. It's no wonder the attack struggled to make any in roads into their defence rather than playing nice one twos and using the extra players to create the openings we continued playing the same way.

It's no wonder that the Northwich manager thought his team were unlucky not to get something out of the game.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 10:36:36 AM »

When they were down to 9 GH was trying to tell them to move forwards, but they had too much time and we worried about a breakaway goal.

Overall we desererved the win, we are looking to deep into this.

VofD

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 03:32:36 PM »

I think the majority support GH - there are sulky times where the faithful lose aith now and again - but over-all I believe he has a lot of support

though maybe not V of D!!!!!

He does not have my support because :

18 league points from 24 matches.
10 defeats at home from 13 matches

and an awful record in cup competitions.

A scrappy win at Northwich does not, in my view, compensate for the above stats.

But I suppose it will be the usual GH offered his resignation to the board which the board refused to accept. And so on it goes..........

The Fan

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 05:41:37 PM »

My biggest problem is the fact that this whole episode is played out in the public domain.

From barracking and gesturing to fans, to moaning in the press about the treatment he receives, to saying his future is unsure etc etc

Why constantly put this out there? 

VofD

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 05:51:39 PM »

My biggest problem is the fact that this whole episode is played out in the public domain.

From barracking and gesturing to fans, to moaning in the press about the treatment he receives, to saying his future is unsure etc etc

Why constantly put this out there? 

Good point.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 10:00:43 PM »

Probably frustration, the next highest people he can speak to is the board. If geoff is not there every weekend then the frustration is vented out elsewhere. WE have the forum!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 08:57:04 AM »

If the results had been the same as ours at a lot of other clubs, he would have been hounded out by now.  I think a good proportion of our fans have been largely quite supportive in the circumstances, and appreciate the limitations that the manager has faced. 

All managers get stick from Wenger and Fergie downwards.  GH is no different and he should realise that. 

VofD

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 04:01:55 PM »

If the results had been the same as ours at a lot of other clubs, he would have been hounded out by now.  I think a good proportion of our fans have been largely quite supportive in the circumstances, and appreciate the limitations that the manager has faced. 

All managers get stick from Wenger and Fergie downwards.  GH is no different and he should realise that. 

SPOT ON.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 11:21:32 PM »

SPOT ON.

As much as no manager is beyong criticism, some of that has been somewhat overly harsh considering what GH has to work with - (up to this week) a small squad & ill prepared and I think there is some justification in people being reminded of what he has done for Alty.

As recently as the home Vics game there were strange management decisionsm (i.e. the very strange midfield), but he has done a hell of a lot more good than bad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote future still unsure