PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote future still unsure
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Heathcote future still unsure  (Read 6365 times)

Dougals Dad

« on: January 02, 2008, 09:21:14 PM »

http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/sport/alty/altynews/display.var.1938428.0.heathcote_future_still_unsure.php

"GRAHAM Heathcote insists his future at the club is still under discussion despite Alty's 2-1 triumph over bitter rivals Northwich on New Year's Day."

Some interesting stuff.....!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Heathcote future still unsure
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 09:27:56 PM »

He is right to discuss his future and will need to know what resources are available.

Also interesting to note more players to arrive and go!!

The key is the resources to be made available, and we need a change of tact towards partial full time?

training 1-2 times a week will not keep us up. Unless the players have there own fitness regimes.

Longman

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 09:30:16 PM »

"Five players have come in already but there will be more arrivals and more departures."

Interesting!!!

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:34:15 PM »

He is discussing his future yet is making so many plans for the future.

I think some of the crticism has hurt. He is very passionate about Alty & I think it really hurts when the team don't do well and he gets grief for it when is truly, I believe, trying his very very best with so few resources and so little preparation for this season.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 09:37:42 PM »

have to agree hamilton, is it the minority wanting his head?

400 pluss yesterday were not booing!!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 09:39:39 PM »

By Connor Murphy
Comment | Read Comments (1)
GRAHAM Heathcote insists his future at the club is still under discussion despite Alty's 2-1 triumph over bitter rivals Northwich on New Year's Day.

The Robins gained revenge for their miserable Boxing Day defeat to Vics in an eventful game at the Victoria Stadium, thanks to goals from Ryan Shotton and Joe O'Neill.

Northwich, however, ended the game with just eight men after both Josh Wilson and Ryan Brown were sent off and Jake Speight left the field injured after his side had already used all their substitutes.

But despite ending a six-game losing streak to restore hope at the club, the Alty boss remained adamant that scheduled talks with the board over his role at Moss Lane will still go ahead.

Speaking exculsively to SAM Sport, Heathcote said: "(Victory over Northwich) is just the start. It was a typical derby game and I was pleased with the attitude shown by all the players.

"But I will still sit down with (chairman) Geoff Goodwin and the board when he gets back from holiday this weekend to discuss where we go next.

"It's been a really tough Christmas and I've found it hard to deal with some of the derogatory remarks being made by fans over the last couple of weeks.

"It hurts and I don't think you ever learn how to deal with that. But, for now, I'm just getting on with doing the job and putting together a group of players who can keep us in this league.

"Five players have come in already but there will be more arrivals and more departures.

"We've all been working really hard to change things and I have to thank (club secretary) Derek Wilshaw for basically giving up his Christmas to complete all the paperwork for the new signings in time to get them playing on Tuesday."

4:58pm today

Print   Email this   CommentPosted by: Nigel Hattersley, Alty on 7:58pm today
No mention of the awful 400 fans who turned up to back there team on NYD then? Thought not.
No mention of the awful 400 fans who turned up to back there team on NYD then? Thought not.Quote

Any one understand the quote above?
@AltyDaz

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 09:39:50 PM »

I think the majority support GH - there are sulky times where the faithful lose aith now and again - but over-all I believe he has a lot of support

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 09:41:17 PM »

I think the majority support GH - there are sulky times where the faithful lose aith now and again - but over-all I believe he has a lot of support

though maybe not V of D!!!!!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 09:44:46 PM »

Tongue in cheek comment I believe,

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 09:45:48 PM »

Indeed.

Thats the great thing about this forum. We all want the same thing (Alty success), but are able to suggest different ways of getting this done.

Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 09:49:41 PM »

Thats the great thing about this forum. We all want the same thing (Alty success), but are able to suggest different ways of getting this done.

Crawler! ;)

Hodgey

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 10:09:54 PM »

So it should after some poor results and the team selections we have witnessed recently. He played Russian roulette yesterday with the four new starters and got away with it... But I cant stop hoping his new signings storm it and he proves all the people who have critisied him (me included) wrong and his name is chanted as we have secured safety by our last home game of the season. My head says its very unlikely.

Last week I would have said sack him in the aftermarth of boxing day, but now I just dont know?? 

louise1925

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 10:29:09 PM »

I'm not sold on GH at all. However, my heart went out to him yesterday and as I've said a million times, I hope and pray he proves me and others wrong. The 5 lads he has brought in are more than capable of keeping us in this league, so the man deserves credit for that certainly. I really don't think he is the man to move us on to the next level though, but again I hope I am wrong!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 11:46:22 PM »

Why is he not the right man?

With no resources no wonder we struggle.

If we have a level playing field then we can judge him as a manager.

What has been wrong with his tactics, we do not know if players are injured or fatigued.

Jacko

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 11:51:52 PM »

dont understand why everyone moans at him,  i myself said we needed to change players or face sinking but....

he's even changing things for the better as we speak for christ sake, if were on this budget graham's the best man full stop
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 11:57:17 PM by Jacko »
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team