PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The sad demise of Damian Reeves
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The sad demise of Damian Reeves  (Read 12043 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The sad demise of Damian Reeves
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 11:30:23 PM »

I wonder if Moult should become a centre back permanently. He's done well at CB every time I've seen him play there and I think it suits his abilities now better than CM - he can't get around the pitch the way he used to and his decision making has really suffered. The game's much simpler at CB and his thinking looks better there. He reads the game well and is physically up to it.

Having said all that, he ought to move to a new club in the summer, if only for his own sake.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 10:30:58 AM »

Jake has ONLY played well as a centre back this season. Should he remain there? Yes.

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 10:39:15 AM »

Jake has ONLY played well as a centre back this season. Should he remain there? Yes.
Should he remain here ? No.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 11:22:02 AM »

Depends what wage cut he'd be prepared to take. A player that can play 2 positions could be an asset next season.

York Alty is back

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 11:24:57 AM »

Who is on your retained list?

I am torn between wanting as many with this losing ethic out the door, but then we are back where we were last summer. This is the cost of abysmal leadership Mr. Rowley.

I would keep Miller, Clee, Densmore, McWilliams and perhaps Deasey.  There are doubts about some of them too. I noticed that Drench was sub for Halifax...come on he can do a cracking job for us in net next season.  Still unconvinced about Dens ability to play a season. Nicky is a gamble, he could get his arse kicked in the glue league, I am hoping his brain keeps him out the way. McWilliams just about makes it based on his performances when he first joined us. There is a proper player in there in my view. Needs to do more to truly convince me.

Newby stays.

Perhaps five players out of fifty used may be here next year...  10% which tallies with the effort some of them have put in this season.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:40:37 AM by York Alty »

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »

I am torn between wanting as many with this losing ethic out the door, but then we are back where we were last summer. This is the cost of abysmal leadership Mr. Rowley.

I would keep Miller, Clee, Densmore, McWilliams and perhaps Deasey.  There are doubts about some of them too. I noticed that Drench was sub for Halifax...come on he can do a cracking job for us in net next season.  Still unconvinced about Dens ability to play a season. Nicky is a gamble, he could get his arse kicked in the glue league, I am hoping his brain keeps him out the way. McWilliams just about makes it based on his performances when he first joined us. There is a proper player in there in my view. Needs to do more to truly convince me.

Newby stays.

Perhaps five players out of fifty used may be here next year...  10% which tallies with the effort some of them have put in this season.
Newby's on loan isn't he?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

York Alty is back

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 11:52:09 AM »

Newby stays.

Arse biscuits. yes from Barrow.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 11:59:04 AM »

Newby stays.

We've signed arse biscuits - cool, what position does he play?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

York Alty is back

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 12:20:20 PM »

Newby stays.

We've signed arse biscuits - cool, what position does he play?

in the hole.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:37:18 PM by York Alty »

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 12:52:40 PM »

Depends what wage cut he'd be prepared to take. A player that can play 2 positions could be an asset next season.
A few players who can only play in one position, but effectively, would be an even greater asset.

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2017, 12:55:54 PM »

Getting back to the original point of the thread.....

I suggested early last season that defenders had worked Reevesy out. Back in the day he would frequently turn up behind the back four after coming off the shoulder of a defender. That seldom happens now, and I don't think it's entirely down to Reevesy.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 02:01:39 PM »

Both Jake Moult and Damian Reeves have let our club down hugely this season - no excuses. Right now I don't really care if they are at Alty next year.

Tim Perlee

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 07:51:38 PM »

What a shame that our lasting impression of such a key player for the club is going to be him running around doing nothing.

Got to disagree with this; my lasting impression is of a prolific striker, exciting to watch and loyal to the club, as the statistics will testify.  I would be proud for my kids to have a #10 on the back of their shirts.

This season our leading scorer has six league goals (so far), and we've discussed and documented ad nauseum how 50 Shades of Everything are going wrong.  The few times I've been able to summon the strength  to see the team this season, it was obvious that the lineup-of-the-week wasn't gelling, and sure enough there were few chances on goal, never mind genuine goal scoring opportunities. 

Can we honestly say that the coaching staff and management team are getting the best out of the playing squad?  I genuinely don't know, I'm not looking to deflect or assign blame.  It can't be fun behind the scenes this season for anyone connected with the club, but I couldn't let this thread suggest that a poor 12/18 months gives us a licence to erase some cracking memories. 

If we have seen the best of Damian Reeves, I'm thankful that I've been entertained by some great performances, but hopefully there's a little more yet to come.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The sad demise of Damian Reeves