News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shareholding

Author Topic: Shareholding  (Read 5801 times)

Man of Moss

Shareholding
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:04:14 AM »

Can anyone tell me if there is anything to prevent the fans buying up loads of shares? As a collective we could be powerful and have lots to offer the club seeing as we have between us lots of experience, I for one have experience in catering, building maintenance and housekeeping, surely between us all we could do a better job with the correct checks in place and a football person at the helm, a pipe Dream?

Stan Hibbert

Re: Shareholding
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 08:02:36 AM »

Correct, a pipe dream, unfortunately

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 11:06:27 AM »

Find a shareholder willing to donate shares..

In other words a pipe dream 😂

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 12:49:30 PM »

Find a shareholder willing to donate shares..

In other words a pipe dream 😂
Or what Sherlock Holmes would describe as "a three pipe problem".

bumble

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »

Can anyone tell me if there is anything to prevent the fans buying up loads of shares? As a collective we could be powerful and have lots to offer the club seeing as we have between us lots of experience, I for one have experience in catering, building maintenance and housekeeping, surely between us all we could do a better job with the correct checks in place and a football person at the helm, a pipe Dream?

No but then you'd need all fans to agree.

We could form a co-op where 1 fan gets 1 vote, and then co-op owns whatever shares it can buy with donations (someone may donate £1000 but only have 1 vote whilst co-op has 200 shares from that money)

We could form a shareholders United group which all members agree to vote to whatever the group feel is best. Not legally binding but current small share holding fans could join and we'd essentially control the vote at an agm

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 02:11:12 PM »

No but then you'd need all fans to agree.

We could form a co-op where 1 fan gets 1 vote, and then co-op owns whatever shares it can buy with donations (someone may donate £1000 but only have 1 vote whilst co-op has 200 shares from that money)

We could form a shareholders United group which all members agree to vote to whatever the group feel is best. Not legally binding but current small share holding fans could join and we'd essentially control the vote at an agm

Have you heard of Brexit? You'll never get unanimity and so the first time a vote is called your problems will start.

Even now there are people who think Mr Rowley and co will turn things around next season. Who was the chairman when we were promoted to the conference national? There are some extreme views published on here but there are a whole range of views out there.

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »

The view I have is akin to somebody suffering from vertigo, and staring down into the Grand Canyon.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 03:33:11 PM »

The view I have is akin to somebody suffering from vertigo, and staring down into the Grand Canyon.
Phil, that's the effect of an excess of Landlord 😁

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 08:55:31 PM »

There's no such thing as an excess of Landlord :-)

York Alty is back

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 09:18:46 PM »

There's no such thing as an excess of Landlord :-)

Nice work!

Tim Perlee

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 09:40:46 PM »

Can anyone tell me if there is anything to prevent the fans buying up loads of shares?
Since this was posted, Bill Waterson encourages fans to buy shares:-
'I was delighted to be able to make a donation to the club last year and, having done it, I have since taken the next step and become a major shareholder. I would encourage fans to consider something similar and look into buying shares. The club have some that are available for purchase.'

Matt Taylor

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 09:52:16 PM »

Can anyone tell me if there is anything to prevent the fans buying up loads of shares?
Since this was posted, Bill Waterson encourages fans to buy shares:-
'I was delighted to be able to make a donation to the club last year and, having done it, I have since taken the next step and become a major shareholder. I would encourage fans to consider something similar and look into buying shares. The club have some that are available for purchase.'

Indeed. The club need to clarify this as it isn’t the first time it’s been trotted out over the past couple of years. Is this the same small number of shares that was made available to raise funds for the community centre a couple of years ago? What are any generated funds to be used for? How many shares are available? At what cost? Why aren’t they being advertised externally (with great fanfare) as well as internally?

In short, is there enough shares available for anyone to come in and make any difference (e.g. drive Rowley out), or is it nothing more than an opportunity for existing fans to own a nominal number of shares and for the board to raise funds for their Legacy Lounge?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 11:41:56 PM »

Matt,

I don't know exactly how many shares there are available - but I will find out for you.  I think it is a not insignificant amount - because one of the options I considered was to buy these shares held by the club.  I decided against - only because it leaves the door open for someone else to come in if they have the appetite.

It has been acknowledged that our communication has not been great - so lets make sure it is in future.  We will be promoting these available shares to the fans and to a broader audience as part of our step up in this area.

Moreover, I will commit that if demand exceeds supply I will make sure that additional shares are available by donating some of mine if needs be.

The board are more than keen on the fans having a louder voice in the running of the club and we will be announcing some substance behind this very soon.

Bill

(Just for those who don't yet know me) 
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shareholding