PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Billy Heath
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Billy Heath  (Read 10039 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Billy Heath
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 11:55:18 PM »

The football league has moved away. All the immigrants. Best we can hope for is conference national
I'll be lucky if I'm still alive to see it happen.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 12:15:06 AM »

Absolute b*ll*cks, it's not a closed shop, it will take effort and a moneyman/men but not impossible and should remain our ambition.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 12:25:07 AM »

I couldn't agree more, that's what got me any many others interested in this club-the football league has to be the ambition, otherwise what's the point ?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 12:26:23 PM »

Managing Halifax today having brought his ferriby mates with him.

I hope we can hire a man who can bring a big group of successful settled experience players with him to build around next year. Plus the additional money we have to bring a few more in.

It's worth noting that to get two of his North Ferriby United mates to join him for the 2016/17 season cost in excess of £100,000.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 01:16:49 PM »

Getting into the football league will require some serious expenditure. Staying there would require a lot more or gates of 2000+.

One challenge that would need to be overcome is the way the shares are distributed. I would expect anybody coming in with the right kind of wealth would want a majority shareholding. I know I would.

The conference national is virtually the football league anyway. It's mostly full time and the number of imports in the top two tiers has forced some of the homegrown talent further down the hierarchy.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 02:10:15 PM »

I hope we can hire a man who can bring a big group of successful settled experience players with him to build around next year. Plus the additional money we have to bring a few more in.

It's worth noting that to get two of his North Ferriby United mates to join him for the 2016/17 season cost in excess of £100,000.

Indeed. I was thinking exactly the same thing. That very average Halifax team you saw yesterday has been put together at great expense. Many Fax fans are unimpressed with Billy Heath.

bumble

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2017, 03:38:14 PM »

Indeed. I was thinking exactly the same thing. That very average Halifax team you saw yesterday has been put together at great expense. Many Fax fans are unimpressed with Billy Heath.

I don't want Heath. But both Halifax and Salford in recent years have brought in managers who've brought a nucleus of players from their old club.

If we were to take a nucleus of A top Evo Stik side or decent conf north side then we'd be competitive when you add in our extra funds
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Billy Heath