PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Keeper signed
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New Keeper signed  (Read 13646 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New Keeper signed
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 10:01:23 PM »

If Ian Senior rates him then that's good enough for me. Let's give him a chance before he gets berated on here. Marshall and Griffin got slagged off every week and now they are two of the most popular players at the club.

Welcome to Alty Tim

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 10:11:44 PM »

He did say dootson was good and it would be odd if he didn't rate him

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 10:14:51 PM »

anyone remember Doots' performance at Grimsby in our penultimate game of that season? Keeper's can't win

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 10:15:16 PM »

In regards to Deasy I notice that when he appears for us he'll have played for us, Vics and Macc. Who was the last player to do that?

Thinking about it I can't really remember any. I can think of a few who played for us/Macc/Runcorn (john imrie) or us/vics/Runcorn (Eddie bishop?)

But not many if any for Alty/Macc/vics

Go.....

Edit: blimey I can definitely think of one, a very successful player at each club over a 16/17 year period?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 10:16:41 PM »

anyone remember Doots' performance at Grimsby in our penultimate game of that season? Keeper's can't win

I remember it Ian. It was all right. What point are you getting at?

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 10:23:11 PM »

Dootson was shocking for us which was dissapointing because at staylebridge he was class I go most matches didn't happen to see the Grimsby game can't comment however in my eyes keepers can win I wouldev gave neuer world player of the year not Ronaldo

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »

Football can be cruel, one minute a hero, the next a villain. I would still maintain that Doots was a decent keeper, but that's the beauty of football, everyone has different opinions.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 10:27:27 PM »

With respect, Ian can't do anything BUT publicly support the keeper the club has just signed.

I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I don't see how anyone can interpret the signing of a 30 year old keeper, untried at this level in 4 years, as anything but a confirmation of the goalkeeping status quo.  

The stat about clean sheets is a red herring. It's 28 clean sheets against strikers playing in THREE leagues below this level.  Tim Deasy won't have come across strikers of Conference Premier standard for some years.

You can spin it all you like folks, but if Tim usurps Stuart next season I'll eat my metaphorical hat.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 10:38:43 PM »

Football can be cruel, one minute a hero, the next a villain. I would still maintain that Doots was a decent keeper, but that's the beauty of football, everyone has different opinions.

If you're alluding to the mistake against Eastbourne it was unfortunate but the performances before that were far from heroic. As Jimmy says, decent keeper at Stalybridge but he looked injured playing for us, barely seemed able to jump for any high shots and I think Grimsby may have been his only clean sheer, or he may have played in the game we drew 0-0 with York? Seem to remember shuddering whenever anyone shot from outside the area.

In fairness he was playing in a terrible side.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 10:44:03 PM »

The fact remains we have signed Tim, I'm sure he will excellent competition for Stu, and I personally am looking forward to working with the 2 of them next season. Good luck to both of them!! Now we move on to additions elsewhere on the pitch.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 10:44:17 PM »

With respect, Ian can't do anything BUT publicly support the keeper the club has just signed.

I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I don't see how anyone can interpret the signing of a 30 year old keeper, untried at this level in 4 years, as anything but a confirmation of the goalkeeping status quo.  

The stat about clean sheets is a red herring. It's 28 clean sheets against strikers playing in THREE leagues below this level.  Tim Deasy won't have come across strikers of Conference Premier standard for some years.

You can spin it all you like folks, but if Tim usurps Stuart next season I'll eat my metaphorical hat.

Think the point Ian is trying to get across is 28 clean sheets at any level isnt bad going. And 30 for a keeper is hardly his best years behind him.

Its not a bad signing,although may not be a long term solution to replacing Stu I think will provide decent cover.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jimmy

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 11:07:46 PM »

Fair post Nasha

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 11:46:16 PM »

Think dootson gets unfairly blamed for Eastbourne. Was a pretty steady keeper all in all and if you concede 4 goals to the bottom side at home it isn't just down to one player for me.

Good luck Tim. Also 30 is not past your best for a keeper to whoever mentioned it. It's widely regarded that keepers are at their best after they turn 30 in a lot of cases

GB Alty

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2015, 11:52:48 PM »

In regards to Deasy I notice that when he appears for us he'll have played for us, Vics and Macc. Who was the last player to do that?

Thinking about it I can't really remember any. I can think of a few who played for us/Macc/Runcorn (john imrie) or us/vics/Runcorn (Eddie bishop?)

Go.....

Edit: blimey I can definitely think of one, a very successful player at each club over a 16/17 year period?
John Imrie played for Vics as well - so he is one

GB Alty

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 11:57:50 PM »

Go.....

John Imrie played for Vics as well - so he is one
and of course Darren Tinson
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Keeper signed