PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 new player rumour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: new player rumour  (Read 12493 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: new player rumour
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »

we dont need "big names" such as elam we would be better off recruiting lower down (eg danylyk and johnson)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 12:40:52 PM »

Whoa!

Back up there!

I have expressed admiration and appreciation for what Colin has done for us and continues to do for us - FACT

I have NOT doubted his loyalty - FACT and neither would I.

I have expressed a personal opinion which I believe is the whole raison d'etre of the forum. If anything, in answer to a previous post I think my post one of the less confrontational in this thread TBH

The fact that I have chosen not to elect him Prime Minister, Pope or Lord High Archimandrite does not in any way diminish my respect for or gratitude to Colin.

Whilst I am adding this to my list of subjects upon which it is forbidden to stray from the approved view are there any more I should include?

fuertes

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 12:43:37 PM »

In our collective opinions, you were talking sh*te and appeared very ungrateful for all Colin's loyal service. We expressed those opinions.

You're more than welcome to continue spouting sh*te on any topic you wish  ;)

markecky

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 12:54:02 PM »

Whilst I am adding this to my list of subjects upon which it is forbidden to stray from the approved view are there any more I should include?

I'd get a bigger piece of paper.

Does it never strike you that when you put stuff like this and 10 people say "thats ridiculous" and no-one says "you're right"...it could be that your opinions are a little skewed?

Surely doing 5 years at the club makes a player one of its better servants, even if you're pretty average?

Is it personal? If this was about Mark Maddox (who is a great servant as well) you wouldn't have a problem I bet....

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2009, 01:05:21 PM »

Changing tack slightly does anyone know what Mark Maddox is doing at the moment?

Mad dog would have loved playing yesterday, getting stuck in at the back in front of 7000 supporters...one of my favourite defenders to pull a red and white shirt on.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2009, 01:06:46 PM »

Does it never strike you that when you put stuff like this and 10 people say "thats ridiculous" and no-one says "you're right"...it could be that your opinions are a little skewed?

Surely doing 5 years at the club makes a player one of its better servants, even if you're pretty average?

Is it personal? If this was about Mark Maddox (who is a great servant as well) you wouldn't have a problem I bet....

Ecky,

I'm not doubting that to some people my opinions are "a little skewed"

Does that however mean that I am not allowed to express them without being ridiculed?

I don't get where you're going with this inference that I doubt Colins loyalty - as I tire of saying I don't

I also fiercely resent your assertion that it's personal against Colin, Why would that be please? I would be REALLY interested to know, as I would be interested to know why you mention Mark Maddox?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2009, 01:07:22 PM »

Changing tack slightly does anyone know what Mark Maddox is doing at the moment?

Mad dog would have loved playing yesterday, getting stuck in at the back in front of 7000 supporters...one of my favourite defenders to pull a red and white shirt on.

I believe he is running the academy at Accrington Stanley

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 01:35:44 PM »

FAO AltyTunnelSteward, cheers for your information you have about Mark Maddox.

However chill out son, we've just had a very good season capped off by getting an excellent point yesterday at Camb Utd..

::)

markecky

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 01:50:05 PM »

Ecky,

I'm not doubting that to some people my opinions are "a little skewed"

Does that however mean that I am not allowed to express them without being ridiculed?

I don't get where you're going with this inference that I doubt Colins loyalty - as I tire of saying I don't

I also fiercely resent your assertion that it's personal against Colin, Why would that be please? I would be REALLY interested to know, as I would be interested to know why you mention Mark Maddox?

I just wondered if he had done something to upset you..its the only reason I could think of for you taking the time to get annoyed that someones says that the clubs leading scorer for five years has not been one of Altys best servants.

I mention Mark Maddox because I know you like him, and I think you would class him as one of Altys best servants (which he was).  And therefore I couldn't see the difference.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 02:01:49 PM by markecky »

jimbo

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2009, 01:58:31 PM »

ats you say you dont doubt his loyalty.so you must have a problem with the playing side ?to suggest that its disrespectful to other players to call col an alty legend?name the players you think its disrespecting?surely you must think col had a massive part in getting our beloved club back in conf national,and then keeping us there?he is are record scorer at this level isnt he?

Reading Robin

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2009, 02:03:58 PM »

ATS, i fell you may have received some unfair criticism here, as this may be down to interpretation of the phrase.  What do you consider for one of Alty's best servants?  Success or loyalty, or some combination?  There's also the point of how many players are considered legends, some people have stricter criteria. 

If you are looking more at loyalty, then i can see your point.  Colin has sacrificed extra money to play for us, but there have been those who were at the club for a significantly longer period of time.  If its success, then i think Colin is right up there.  He may not have been part of the 'great' teams, but his personal performance has been fantastic and consistent.   

jimbo

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 03:05:27 PM »

fair point on criteria to be legend .everyones got different i would presume?for instance eddie hussin wasnt here long but ledge to some.maddog classic fans favourite ledge to many.rod also ledge to most but how do we dirrive legend?.note all of above took extra time to talk with fans,so we relate more?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2009, 03:16:34 PM »

Whoa!

That's the English for "stop a horse"!

Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 03:18:13 PM »

I suppose that when you've watched a team for 10 years then you pick from 1
years worth of players. When you've watched for 30 or 4
years then there is a bigger pool to pick from and more players who have had a profound effect on you! Also retrospection in football is often through rose tinted glasses

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 03:25:36 PM »

Yeah, legend is a word too easily applied these days. Colin has been, and continues to be fantastic for our club. The question is will he still be talked about in thirty or forty years time (a la Swindells)? He may well be and if so he could rightly be called a legend in my book.

It's all about personal opinions and it is very easy to misinterpret text without recourse to facial expression or follow up discussion.

Not defending or attacking anyone, just spouting my own personal bollox.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 new player rumour