PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 new player rumour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: new player rumour  (Read 12496 times)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: new player rumour
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 12:23:24 AM »

I think colin's commitment, and pure goal scoring achievements in a tough league mean he is an alty legend  . ok this is not the same type of alty side that graced the moss lane turfy 15-25 years ago. However, he has continued to be a top league goalscorer, and has turned down many better offers to stay loyal. It must also be remembered that many alty fans were not around at the time of swindells, johnson, and heathcote playing.

Narcissist

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 01:58:14 AM »

Please name a player who would be disrespected by Colin Little being named as ONE OF the best servants this club has had?

Is he not?

No match official jibes to stoke the fire so you pick up on something else and make a typically confrontational post out of a very ordinary and perfectly accurate comment.

Is it other players who would feel disrespected?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 08:27:59 AM »

We are going to need some one. Sadly I cant see Col lasting much longer, but how I would like to be proved wrong as he has been one of the best servants this club has ever had. Realistically to improve on this seasons massive impovement we will need half a new squad. Graham certainly did a fantastic job recruiting last close season. We have had a very good season and the 2 Grahams are to be congratulated for this. Lets keep going forward.

Much as I admire Colin and appreciate what he has done I think that to call him one of the best servants this club has ever had is both something of an exaggeration and also very disrespectful to a lot of players who have played for us in the past.

ATS, I usually keep out of your spats but that statement is pure nonsense. Colin Little has been a true servant to this football club and has refused lucrative offers to play elsewhere. In these times of money before loyalty I can't believe you said that.

Well said- Colin Little= Top man= I wondered how long it would be untill we singled out Colin again- Just Graham to go now
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 08:43:20 AM »

Much as I admire Colin and appreciate what he has done I think that to call him one of the best servants this club has ever had is both something of an exaggeration and also very disrespectful to a lot of players who have played for us in the past.

I reckon this is your best yet.

Not one of Altys best servants?  The man has turned down lucrative offers from clubs to stay at Alty and banged in 20-25 goals a season for 5 seasons.  And often in a team attacked once a match and had no one to cross it in.

And as for him being past it...17 Conference goals says to me that while he isn't the player he was five years ago he is hardly a passenger.

Froz

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 09:10:26 AM »

Colin Little = Alty Legend

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »

Colin Little has been, and continues to be, an absolute legend for Altrincham F.C.

We've been lucky to have such a gifted player at our club for so long and I hope he will still be here when his playing days are over in a few years to teach his skills to our youngsters.
Come on Alty!

brian1925

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »

I've not always said kind things about Colin Little, but he's right up there with Rod and Stu as an Alty legend and I too hope he stays. In fact, I would be totally made up if we were to keep the existing playing squad next season with only fringe additions (finances allowing). Let's face it, 15th is bloody brilliant. And if Chris Denham reads these posts, you've got to stay mate because I bought a baby grow from club shop on Saturday with your name on!

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 10:06:55 AM »

We are going to need some one. Sadly I cant see Col lasting much longer, but how I would like to be proved wrong as he has been one of the best servants this club has ever had. Realistically to improve on this seasons massive impovement we will need half a new squad. Graham certainly did a fantastic job recruiting last close season. We have had a very good season and the 2 Grahams are to be congratulated for this. Lets keep going forward.

ATS, I usually keep out of your spats but that statement is pure nonsense. Colin Little has been a true servant to this football club and has refused lucrative offers to play elsewhere. In these times of money before loyalty I can't believe you said that.

Seconded
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

fuertes

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 10:31:34 AM »

How can you knock Colin Little ATS? Absolutely disgusting.

The man turned down £1,200 a week to play for Linfield in front of big crowds and get a shot at the Champions League qualifiers. All this because he wanted to stay loyal to his local club. Never mind the 100+ goals.

Some people just beggar belief...

jimbo

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 11:00:57 AM »

isnt he are highest  all time conference scorer.as much as rod is a legend he probably got 10 - 20 conference prem goals in total.plus we only got col in his 30s after he was on the decline?ats you astound me.he he.please cud we have a chart of alty goalscorers list again.

Jenga

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »

So back to the topic at hand of the rumour please, assume no one has heard anything?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 11:28:04 AM »

Mangan's contract is up at FGR and he wants to play nearer to his liverpool home as his girlfriend is expecting over the summer.
That's if he's not banned for that betting thingy of course ...
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 11:31:07 AM »

Mangan's contract is up at FGR and he wants to play nearer to his liverpool home as his girlfriend is expecting over the summer.

chester and if thet go up southport poss faves to get mangan although i wouldnt bet on it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 11:40:36 AM »

If he is found guilty of betting scams then the only football he will be playing is of the table top variety,  and rightly so..

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 12:29:16 PM »

chester and if thet go up southport poss faves to get mangan although i wouldnt bet on it

If he wants to stay 'Full time' the best option for him would probably be wrexham - chester are skint and Southport won't come up
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 new player rumour