PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 new player rumour
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: new player rumour  (Read 12495 times)

Jenga

new player rumour
« on: April 26, 2009, 08:28:04 PM »

Any heard anything of us making a BIG signing close season? I dont mean tall or wide or even a big name with loads of letters but at good well known player?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: new player rumour
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 08:32:42 PM »

Any heard anything of us making a BIG signing close season? I dont mean tall or wide or even a big name with loads of letters but at good well known player?

i take it you have ?

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 08:37:27 PM »

We are going to need some one. Sadly I cant see Col lasting much longer, but how I would like to be proved wrong as he has been one of the best servants this club has ever had. Realistically to improve on this seasons massive impovement we will need half a new squad. Graham certainly did a fantastic job recruiting last close season. We have had a very good season and the 2 Grahams are to be congratulated for this. Lets keep going forward.

crossie

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:39:03 PM »

Rod Thornley on a Permanent basis?  ;)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 08:39:58 PM »

We are going to need some one. Sadly I cant see Col lasting much longer, but how I would like to be proved wrong as he has been one of the best servants this club has ever had. Realistically to improve on this seasons massive impovement we will need half a new squad. Graham certainly did a fantastic job recruiting last close season. We have had a very good season and the 2 Grahams are to be congratulated for this. Lets keep going forward.

half a squad  is a massive exaggeration 2 or 3 quality signings if the current batch stay

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 08:55:04 PM »

Just a few reinforcements needed.......not half a squad
If Colin's golden boots start to desert him and he only gets half the goal tally he got this season, then we just need someone who can make up the 9 goal deficit. That person may well already be here (Chris Denham maybe) ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 09:10:10 PM »

i take it you have ?

I have heard that someone has heard there is going to be a big signing yes, but those sources will remain nameless.

baldrick

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 09:17:02 PM »

If there is any truth in this rumour it should be made public. This sort of thing will help sell season tickets.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »

i take it you have ?

I have heard that someone has heard there is going to be a big signing yes, but those sources will remain nameless.

not liam brownhill shirley

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 09:59:17 PM »

is Andy Cole coming out of retirement?

;)

markecky

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 10:00:56 PM »

I doubt we are thinking about players for next season yet...we tend to have to take our pick of whats left

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 11:39:07 PM »

Much as I admire Colin and appreciate what he has done I think that to call him one of the best servants this club has ever had is both something of an exaggeration and also very disrespectful to a lot of players who have played for us in the past.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 11:40:49 PM »

I doubt we are thinking about players for next season yet...we tend to have to take our pick of whats left

Isn't that because we tend to have to wait for the AGM before making plans? Maybe the planning started a bit earlier this year.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 11:48:57 PM »

Much as I admire Colin and appreciate what he has done I think that to call him one of the best servants this club has ever had is both something of an exaggeration and also very disrespectful to a lot of players who have played for us in the past.

hes not far off legendary status if not already there

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 12:06:46 AM »

ATS, I usually keep out of your spats but that statement is pure nonsense. Colin Little has been a true servant to this football club and has refused lucrative offers to play elsewhere. In these times of money before loyalty I can't believe you said that.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 new player rumour