PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Segregation
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Segregation  (Read 3889 times)

mikealty

Segregation
« on: October 02, 2011, 10:03:42 PM »

As much as I love basking in the sun in the Carole Nash and Family Terrace, I think we should be more tight on segregation. I'm not saying every match should be segregated, that would be stupid in this league of course. But when there is expected to be more than. say 80 or 90 fans, we should segregate it at least a little (obviously nothing like that infamous Friendly against Stockport back in August!). It just makes a better atmosphere and it hurts to see other teams taking The Golf Road End completely to themselves, for example Witton and Nuneaton. I know some people will disagree with me but this is just my personal opinion...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Segregation
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »

Come on Alty!

mikealty

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 10:17:46 PM »

If we don't have it for Boston next week I doubt any other match'll be segregated apart from Halifax.

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 08:19:39 AM »

Boston are a club for running dogs, gutter dwellers and pigs.  I've had a belly full of them for a life time.  SEGREGATE NEXT WEEKS GAME.  I don't want to have to rub shoulders with that lot. 

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:57:21 AM »

Boston are a club for running dogs, gutter dwellers and pigs. 

Are you quoting from Mao's Little Red Book? If so you've left out "Imperialist Lackeys"!  :D :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 09:33:15 AM »

I'd actually like to see segregation enforced all season. that terrace is for away fans. it really spoils the atmosphere when everyone spreads out.

bumble

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 09:40:12 AM »

I'd actually like to see segregation enforced all season. that terrace is for away fans. it really spoils the atmosphere when everyone spreads out.

As would I

It's not like we have to pay for extra stewarding

roytonmike

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 09:50:25 AM »

This may be an unpopular opinion - but if it is so be it. When I go to an away match at BSN level I like - and expect - to be able to watch from any part of the standing accommodation at any point in the game. I therefore expect the same freedom to be offered when others come to Moss Lane. The only exceptions I would make are (a) if the opposition has segregated at their place or (b) if the opposition fans have a record of trouble when visiting us. For me it's one of the bad aspects of BS Premier that fans become conditioned to the 'segregated' mentality.   

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 05:33:16 PM »

and they are imperialist lackeys.

mikealty

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 05:43:25 PM »

I'm not the best educated on the Conference North, but I'm guessing Boston will bring more than 500 fans. Am I right?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 06:53:05 PM »

I'm not the best educated on the Conference North, but I'm guessing Boston will bring more than 500 fans. Am I right?

No, they'll bring about 100.
Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »

I don't see why any game needs to be unsegregated. It baffles me constantly how our fans spread out at unsegregated away games creating the illusion that we've got about 25 fans when we've really got 100+. Does it really hurt that much to stand together? If I want to talk to an opposing team's supporters I'll do it in the bar before/after the game. Inside the ground I've got no interest whatsoever in mixing with opposing fans, I'm there to support my team and (sometimes) enjoy watching the game with other Alty fans.

I realise that not everybody shares my views on this subject and that's fine, but nothing sickens me more than having away fans in our home end singing and celebrating. It simply shouldn't be allowed to happen.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:08:40 PM by Gary Powell's Disco Pants »
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 08:53:12 PM »

No, they'll bring about 100.
If they lose at Kidsgrove, we'll only have to segregate about 10 of them.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 09:53:58 PM »

I realise that not everybody shares my views on this subject and that's fine, but nothing sickens me more than having away fans in our home end singing and celebrating. It simply shouldn't be allowed to happen.

I agree.......the away fans celebrating in any part of the ground annoys me  ;D

Celebrating the odd consolation goal here and there is fine, but celebrating at the final whistle in the BSN is a real bummer  >:(

On Saturday we had to put up with Witton fans in the bar singing (and who can deny them their moment of glory) "Conference North - You're 'avin a laff.....Conference North etc"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:56:59 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 09:54:47 PM »

As would I

It's not like we have to pay for extra stewarding

You didn't complain about moving around the ground at Hyde/harrogate etc
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Segregation