PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 darlo into administration
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: darlo into administration  (Read 4180 times)

bumble

« on: January 03, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »

Raj Singh has today made the following statement:
"It is with huge regret that we've had to place the club into administration today. I for one certainly didn't envisage this when I took over the club back in August 2009.
"Over the last two months we've been trying to make necessary cutbacks to be able to ensure the future of the club, including negotiating reduced players' wages and a settlement with Mark Cooper.
"During this time we haven't been able to do that, while we also haven't received a viable offer to take the club over and its ongoing running costs.
"I made my position very clear in November and I'd like to stress that we've tried everything we can to resolve the various issues. It was never my intention for it to end like this.
"I was approached by one consortium this week, represented by two local businessmen, whom I admire for their intentions.
"In theory their approach is a very sensible one, but they made their short-term position very clear and it doesn't solve the current issues we face.
"But they now have an opportunity to discuss their proposals with the administrators and I wish them every success in taking the club forward.
"I'd again like to thank the fans who have sent me words of support and encouragement. I'd like to think the majority of our supporters are level-headed and understand my position, and know how hard I've worked to try to bring success to the club.
"To those who think I've let them down somehow or have been cheated by me, I hope one day they will see it from my point of view, and try to remember that wonderful day we had at Wembley last May, because some of the unfair flack and criticism I've had over the last four weeks just made me more determined to call it a day sooner rather than later.
"I know I can leave the club knowing that I tried everything I possibly could to make Darlington FC work. But it also hinged on other parties playing their part and keeping their promises. Regrettably, that hasn't happened, and as our fans know that has all been well-documented.
"I also know that I've been as open and as transparent as I possibly could have been with the fans, from the day I walked through the door.
"I've been true to my word with the non-playing staff as well, who have all been fully paid up to the end of December.
"I'm truly sorry that it hasn't worked out and I genuinely hope it can be salvaged in some way."

York Alty

Re: darlo into administration
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 02:52:37 PM »

as cilla would say "surprise, surprise!"

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »

Maybe it would have been different if they'd never beaten us in the FA Cup all those years ago!

How many times can a club go into admin?

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 05:33:52 PM »

Another Farce, and the people who lose out again are all the local businesses who supported the club in their time of need. Joke!!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 05:37:48 PM »

Another Farce, and the people who lose out again are all the local businesses who supported the club in their time of need. Joke!!

Quite agree. And the penalty for their gross financial irresponsibility? A measly ten point deduction which drops them from 13th to 17th, which is as good as no punishment at all.

It makes the blood boil.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 06:48:26 PM »

Have been told they will drop 1 step if creditors are not paid off before 9th june, thats us oplaying them next year then
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 06:51:04 PM »

I think Pete Hughes has already summed things up when he mentioned that they were celebrating their FA Trophy victory......with a wage bill they could not afford.......whilst we were licking our wounds after being relegated........whilst we stick to paying sensible wages for our income.

It stinks, but who on the Conference board cares
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »

Have been told they will drop 1 step if creditors are not paid off before 9th june, thats us oplaying them next year then

If they do not come out of admin by the end of the first week in May, then they will be expelled from the Competition (BSP / BSN) and hence will need to seek a new league e.g the Evo-Stick
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 08:15:14 PM »

If they do not come out of admin by the end of the first week in May, then they will be expelled from the Competition (BSP / BSN) and hence will need to seek a new league e.g the Evo-Stick
I thought that too but Alan Blue Square - tweeted my earlier post
Bernard Taylors barmy army

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 08:27:29 PM »

I think Pete Hughes has already summed things up when he mentioned that they were celebrating their FA Trophy victory......with a wage bill they could not afford.......whilst we were licking our wounds after being relegated........whilst we stick to paying sensible wages for our income.

It stinks, but who on the Conference board cares

I think we've covered this before, the Conference is the only football authority which takes this issue seriously - compare its punishments to those meted out by the FL. My understanding of why there isn't automatic relegation as opposed to points deduction is because the FL would withdraw the the 2nd promotion place. Thats why we've got a halfway house of allowing admin but having to be out of it by the next AGM. However, as more and more of the BSP is now made up of ex FL clubs eager to get back, the chances of automatic relegation because of admin (and so only one up one down) look further away than ever.

Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 10:22:48 PM »

Apparently:

Bogratsteve Stephen Gowling
@jennifers_dad @aggersbracken no creditors except players wages that are being paid from gate receipts, that's the crazy thing about it

markecky

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 03:07:56 PM »

Looks like Saturday could be their last ever game.

Awful for Darlington fans but its going to take a few clubs to physically close before these  people realise that pouring money into football clubs is crazy and stop doing it.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9452616.Staff_cull_leaves_Darlington_FC_unable_to_host_home_game/

bumble

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 03:31:38 PM »

http://t.co/1bfi5Jta

Worth a read of this first post

Ashley Alty

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 03:44:41 PM »

markecky

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »

http://t.co/1bfi5Jta

Worth a read of this first post

Possible one of the best posts I have ever read on a forum that...
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team