News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ellander

Author Topic: Ellander  (Read 2477 times)

Hamilton

Ellander
« on: May 17, 2008, 06:20:19 PM »

From John Laidler's site: "The Sports Echo reports that "Paul Ellender has shocked Boston United by turning down their offer of a new deal. The inspirational skipper is ready to call time on his seven years of dedicated service at York Street after he felt the new offer was one he could not afford. Ellender, who last season went without pay for four months, was willing to accept a pay cut this summer. However, the defender said the offer the club came up with was too low. 'I was willing to accept that there would be a pay cut', said Ellender. 'However, the one they offered me just wasn't one I could live with. I've got to think about my family and the price of living these days is getting expensive. It's costing me more than £25 every time I drive down to Boston for training and I simply couldn't do that and provide for my family on the deal they offered me'. Ellender admitted he would be 'gutted' to leave the club he has spent so long with. 'I've got some great friends at Boston, and I would love to stay, but I told the manager, Tommy Taylor, I couldn't live with the offer they came up with', he said. 'He said he would go away and see what he could do, but I'm going to have to be practical about it. I would be gutted if I had to leave, but I've got to do what is right by my family first'"."

Where does he live & how much does he want?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ellander
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 06:23:02 PM »

somewhere miles away maybe sC**thorpe or that area .

joe

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 06:48:20 PM »

Think he is Leeds based. As much as a fantasic player he was in his spell for Alty,he must be mid 30's now and in my opinion would be no better option than Tinson.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 07:09:37 PM »

It's costing me more than £25 every time I drive down to Boston for training and I simply couldn't do that and provide for my family on the deal they offered me'.
Where does he live & how much does he want?

He lives a damm site closer to Boston than he does to Alty. I don't think we could afford to pay him as much petrol money as we did him and Timmo last time.  ;D

bigcol

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 07:50:24 PM »

I propose the Ellander Petrol Fund :)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 07:54:09 PM »

I've got half a gallon in the garage that I use for my mower
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 08:16:35 PM »

Easily the worst Land Rover ever made.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 08:51:40 PM »

A truly great player but we are talking about 7 or 8 seasons back. I'd hate to see someone come back who couldn't fulfil the promise based on earlier status. Also Ellender v Tinno?

Lets move on and look forward.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ellander