News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC United

Author Topic: FC United  (Read 3681 times)

altyf

FC United
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:33:38 AM »

Andy Walsh of FC United has written to Altrincham FC about the pre-season game to be played between our two sides at Moss Lane. He writes:
There has been some concern raised by Altrincham fans about the planned friendly between Altrincham FC and FC United of Manchester ; FC United are aware that this concern arises from an incident at the last match between our two clubs. Immediately following the last fixture FC United caried out a thorough investigation resulting in the FC fan identified as being the cause of the trouble being banned from matches.

FC United values the relationship we have with Altrincham FC and Altrincham supporters, we would like to repeat the apology we made at the time of the original incident and hope that the swift action that we took reassures those fans currently expressing concern

harv

Re: FC United
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 11:50:34 AM »

still think its a daft club "fc united" and still don't want them playing at moss lane even if this incident had not happened..

samba

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 12:11:59 PM »

I'll get peaked to death, but here goes:
I think all clubs have a few dickheads and it sounds like these guys got sorted out.  I haven't got a problem with FCUM, and overall I think, whatever your opinions on them, you have to look at it from a fiscal point of view. This friendly and the cup games could potentially bring in enough money to fund another player.

I'd much rather have an FCUM friendly and them play their cup matches here and as a result get the winger/left back/target man we've discussed to death this past 2 years.  The club has very little money, as was said in the meeting only 1/3 of the income needed is made on the gates, and I think we need to put it all into perspective.

Butty

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 01:22:24 PM »

But wasn't there allegedly a few FCUM fans who kicked off? If so, why does it refer to " fan" has been singled out, surely if only one was caught, then there are still more?

baldrick

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 01:48:08 PM »

Any business has to consider it's customers opinions. In this case the message is very clear, we don't want FC United at Moss Lane. The club are ignoring this. If money is so important why not arrange a friendly against Rangers. They would bring about 50,000 more than FSCUM. :)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 02:25:12 PM »

*Sighs*

Let it rest, obviously they shouldn't share here in the long term. I don't think anyone with any sense could argue against that *waves to David, Andrew, Grahame, Geoff, Derek and Barry* but you can't read conspiracy theories into everything. Fair enough for re-iterating the apology FCUM.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 06:14:55 PM »

I've always had the greatest respect for them and consider that FCUM make and important contribution to the regions footballing ............. I really must stop taking so many hayfever tablets.

joe

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 06:54:49 PM »

Fair enough,apologies made and accepted on my part. As far as i can remember,the trouble last time round was down to one drunken idiot and his son taking exception to Alty scoring. If Fc Utd have dealt with said knob head and son then surely everyone deserves a second chance. Hopefully this seasons friendly will pass off without incident and i can look upon Fc Utd in a better light.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 08:50:05 AM »

There was three of them.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

James Black

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 08:43:21 PM »

Any business has to consider it's customers opinions. In this case the message is very clear, we don't want FC United at Moss Lane. The club are ignoring this. If money is so important why not arrange a friendly against Rangers. They would bring about 50,000 more than FSCUM. :)

yeah great idea not I will never welcome Rangers into manchester again 100,000 Hooligans turned our city into a sh*t hole on wednesday night they can f**k off

baldrick

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 08:58:06 PM »

I was only joking James

Longman

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 11:10:12 AM »

yeah great idea not I will never welcome Rangers into manchester again 100,000 Hooligans turned our city into a sh*t hole on wednesday night they can f**k off

Do you honestly think Rangers would come down in their hordes for a pre - season friendly against a part time club many of them have never heard of and smash Alty up?   :D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC United