News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 5 or 7 a side game

Author Topic: 5 or 7 a side game  (Read 2076 times)

cassino40

5 or 7 a side game
« on: May 17, 2008, 12:15:31 AM »

Hi im a MYFC member and a few of the Northern members are trying to organise  5 or 7 a side games against northern teams to play on the morning of the away fixture obviously between Altrincham v Ebbsfleet if any one from the supporters club can help arrange this i would be gratefull we are just a few lads who have met supporting Ebbsfleet last season and havent played football for a few years so nothing to strenuous think it might be a good idea, if anyone can help please leave me  a message cheers.
Tony

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: 5 or 7 a side game
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 10:05:58 AM »

With what your fans were like towards us last season I doubt they'll be much point havin a footbal match too be honest.

cassino40

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 01:13:41 PM »

ok thanks for the response obviously wasnt a fan of the club then what was the problem?

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 01:19:56 PM »

There were quite a few Ebbsfleet supporters singing "going down" and generally taunting us about our impending relegation. Had it been Northwich we were playing we could have understood it, but as we have no rivalry with Ebbsfleet it was completely uncalled for.

cassino40

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 01:38:45 AM »

As a Sunderland fan for 37 years and being known as the yo yo club ive often heard  singing of your "going down" and the usuall taunts etc but always put this down to the  football banter you get between teams, ive never been offended by it just part and parcel of relegation, Just my opinion of course.

Im suprised you could hear them anyway before MyFootballClub joined I didnt think they got many fans this far North?

If Its any concellation the lads who would be playing the game were not supporters of Ebbsfleet when you last played.

Butty

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 06:38:24 PM »

Can somebody please try and come up with a list of all the teams who sang going down to us, so we can return and taunt them about it??

cassino40

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 07:45:57 AM »

Well after 287 hits and only 3 replies non positive I guess this game is a no goer, so good look for the new season im looking forward to it and dont take it to personal ref the singing.

Cheers

markecky

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 09:16:42 AM »

Sorry I meant to reply to this and forgot.

Can't think of a reason I'd like to share a football pitch with anyone who is connected with a club that spent 80 minutes of the 90 taunting us for no reason.   If i was me I'd have done a few Wembley songs.

If you bring that fat little clown who stood at the bus stop outside with his kids chanting going down at the coach, I might consider it.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 5 or 7 a side game