PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half time
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Half time  (Read 10969 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Half time
« on: March 08, 2015, 01:57:08 PM »

Some good passing on a bobbling pitch.

Still feel with need Cav in there for a 3 man midfield.

Perry is a different player when he starts and that is lazy.

Always miss Clee and Sinnot isn't doing too well.

I'd look to bring Crowther and Cav on for Sinnott and Perry second half and going 4-5-1 to match them but counter with wide players of Lawrie and Crowther with Dens and Griff over lapping as wing backs..

Hamilton

Re: Half time
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 02:02:39 PM »

Too much space between Reevesy and Perry, Dens v good and Leather has fitted right back into partnership with Havern very well. Lawrie showed some good skill.
Poor pitch is our undoing making us resort to long balls and centre mid not getting into it.
Inclined to agree about Crowther and Cav coming on - maybe on 60mins if no better. Depends how fit cav is!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 02:08:19 PM »

Hats off to Stuart and Danny Higginbotham both have done a great job of talking the club up and with special mentions to our volunteers, wont do us any harm in attracting players.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 02:29:00 PM »

Lawrie, Sinnott and Perry awful, lazy and shocking distribution!

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 02:37:42 PM »

Hats off to Stuart and Danny Higginbotham both have done a great job of talking the club up and with special mentions to our volunteers, wont do us any harm in attracting players.

yes

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »

Some good passing on a bobbling pitch.

Still feel with need Cav in there for a 3 man midfield.

Perry is a different player when he starts and that is lazy.

Always miss Clee and Sinnot isn't doing too well.

I'd look to bring Crowther and Cav on for Sinnott and Perry second half and going 4-5-1 to match them but counter with wide players of Lawrie and Crowther with Dens and Griff over lapping as wing backs..

The two combined for our winner.

I thought Sinnott had a dreadful game and the decision to take him off was definitely correct. Crowther and Cavanagh were the perfect players to bring in against a tiring ten-man team.

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 03:20:13 PM »

Watched on the telly, so I didn't see all the play - just what was on the screen.  However based on that Jordan Sinnot was poor, passing was weak and didn't contribute enough.  Their only danger was Vose in the first half and we seemed to nullify that at the back.  It was heading to nil nil until the red card and a class finish from Ryan who contributed more in his tweny odd minutes than Sinnott did in seventy.

Just about did enough for three points.  Congrats to Lee, especially for being so honest in the interview.

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 03:21:58 PM »

Watched on the telly, so I didn't see all the play - just what was on the screen.  However based on that Jordan Sinnot was poor, passing was weak and didn't contribute enough.  Their only danger was Vose in the first half and we seemed to nullify that at the back.  It was heading to nil nil until the red card and a class finish from Ryan who contributed more in his tweny odd minutes than Sinnott did in seventy.

Just about did enough for three points.  Congrats to Lee, especially for being so honest in the interview.

Nepotism
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:28:39 PM by Sybil Crowther »

Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 03:28:23 PM »

Watched on the telly, so I didn't see all the play - just what was on the screen.  However based on that Jordan Sinnot was poor, passing was weak and didn't contribute enough.  Their only danger was Vose in the first half and we seemed to nullify that at the back.  It was heading to nil nil until the red card and a class finish from Ryan who contributed more in his tweny odd minutes than Sinnott did in seventy.

Just about did enough for three points.  Congrats to Lee, especially for being so honest in the interview.

Nepotism is rife

It was a great interview by Lee. I don't think Sinnot Jnr was any worse than Richman or Moult in the first half, and one thing he did do was cover Dens when he came forward. The substitution was apt, though, as Crowther offered so much more going forward.

Bath Alty

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 03:31:27 PM »

Thought Sinnot was poor again.  Doesn't put enough effort in for me and while there is the one good ball there are too many poor ones.  Don't think its nepotism I just think like most parents Lee thinks his son is slightly better than he actually is.

If we don't have Clee then Crowther has to play we have zero creativity otherwise.  A really sluggish game all round and it's a good job Welling are rubbish as we didn't create anything other than the one chance for the goal the keeper wasn't tested at all

brian1925

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »

100% agree with that Bath Alty. If Nicky doesn't play, then Ryan simply must, as we lack any sort of creativity going forward without these two. Sinnott jnr was very poor, but no worse than several others to be fair. I thought it was Simon's worst game for Alty and I don't think Welling was the right game for KP. The pitch was awful and definitely prevented us from playing our normal passing game. No excuses however, we need to be better for next week. A big well done to Stu - so glad he kept a clean sheet today.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 04:12:35 PM »

watched on t. v  pitch looked awful , you cant play good football on that , three more points on the board , and nearer to safety .

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 05:04:41 PM »

Too much space between Reevesy and Perry, Dens v good and Leather has fitted right back into partnership with Havern very well. Lawrie showed some good skill.
Poor pitch is our undoing making us resort to long balls and centre mid not getting into it.
Inclined to agree about Crowther and Cav coming on - maybe on 60mins if no better. Depends how fit cav is!

Disagree about to much space between reeves and perry there shouldev been more reeves playing perry not leather will fit in as he is are best defender and should play all the time

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 05:21:52 PM »

Just got back from Welling and I hope it looked better on tv than live!

A couple of points only:

Sinnott ran his socks off in the first half. Was often behind Dens, covering for havern too when he went forwards and then ahead of perry at the other end.  Was clearly knackered by the time he came off. Guilty of giving players at this level too much respect, eg he assumed their left back would be able to deal with balls and therefore made sure he was defensively in position rather than bombing on

Secondly, hats off to Crowther who called for the ball for the goal -wanted it- a sign of growing confidence.

Welling will not get another 16 points this season - let alone 16 points more than we get!

Hamilton

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 05:42:50 PM »

Just got back from Welling and I hope it looked better on tv than live!

A couple of points only:

Sinnott ran his socks off in the first half. Was often behind Dens, covering for havern too when he went forwards and then ahead of perry at the other end.  Was clearly knackered by the time he came off. Guilty of giving players at this level too much respect, eg he assumed their left back would be able to deal with balls and therefore made sure he was defensively in position rather than bombing on

Secondly, hats off to Crowther who called for the ball for the goal -wanted it- a sign of growing confidence.

Welling will not get another 16 points this season - let alone 16 points more than we get!

That was my impression of Sinnott Jnr.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half time