PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Quayle?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Quayle?  (Read 9565 times)

teasybeaver

Quayle?
« on: November 28, 2006, 07:40:06 PM »

This is likely to get me some bad karma and another O'neill thrashing but i see Quayle has been released by Lancaster. Would he be a good addition to our squad for a couple of months?

O'neill isn't scoring and Thompson isn't quite there, maybe a proven scorer like Quayle might add a bit of depth. I think Thornley should go on loan for a few weeks as well at some point to get sharp. Little, Thompson and Quayle might be a good combination with a christmas schedule ahead where goals will be needed in abundance!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Quayle?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 07:42:27 PM »

bit of a mercenary, and you've gotta ask why he has been released from lancaster ad if he aint doing the job at that level will he be able to cope stepping up to conference?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 08:28:39 PM »

Saw him a couple of seasons a go and looked fat and very uninterested.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 09:39:37 PM »

Quayle has never settled anywhere as far as I can make out, just suggests to me a no loyalty player , probably motivated by cash or self-interest. Best left well alone.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

teasybeaver

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 09:47:18 PM »

Its a shame cos i've seen him a few times for other clubs since Alty, albeit a while ago, and i thought he was a natural scorer. it'd be great to have two of those at the club, even if they're both veterans.

maybe the motivation for him to turn it up a gear is a last shot in this league? Who knows, cos i doubt we'll see him in an alty shirt again, and we've got enough strikers as it is. I'm just worried that we won't score enough goals this season, does anyone else think this is the case, or does anyone have any potential solutions?

I'm not looking for an arguement just want to know what people think, its going to be a big month for Alty!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 09:54:15 PM »

Firstly have a 'Goodwin' for your picture .. superb.

The 'strikers' issue is not worrying me  .. we have not had the chance to see Thomson, and Hendley looked good before being injured. Little is still injured but when fit WILL score goals again and our friend Mr O'Neil will be able to help by the 'odd' goal and good support play.

We are scoring a goal a game which isn't that bad as far as I'm concerned.

Blackie (Vics)

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 10:22:39 PM »

Quayle is a bone idle, lazy, money grabbing bas***d who is only interested as to what he can get for hinself, keep well clear chaps!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 10:29:28 PM »

Thanks.

but secretly glad he got money from your club for doing nothing  ;D

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 08:44:22 AM »

Firstly have a 'Goodwin' for your picture .. superb.

The 'strikers' issue is not worrying me  .. we have not had the chance to see Thomson, and Hendley looked good before being injured. Little is still injured but when fit WILL score goals again and our friend Mr O'Neil will be able to help by the 'odd' goal and good support play.

We are scoring a goal a game which isn't that bad as far as I'm concerned.

Henley in Football Manager 2007 is great - erm I guess that doesnt mean anything apart from the creators of the game think he is good.

Frosty

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 08:52:54 AM »

Once again this so called 'teasy beaver' has come on the forum and shamed his family his friends and above all himself.

So I say to you Mr Teasy Beaver please keep these ludicrous comments to ones self.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 08:55:54 AM »

Henley in Football Manager 2007 is great - erm I guess that doesnt mean anything apart from the creators of the game think he is good.

Blame Mr Yarwood he's the 'expert' they drafted in to do the ratngs lol to be fair he did quite a good acurate job

teasybeaver

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

Once again this so called 'teasy beaver' has come on the forum and shamed his family his friends and above all himself.

So I say to you Mr Teasy Beaver please keep these ludicrous comments to ones self.

Bad karma Frosty Bad Karma!

So the Quayle thing is a resounding NO! He has scored some goals in his time but i agree about the type of player he is. Totally out of sync with what Alty want so fair enough!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »

ROALANDDDDD ROALANDDDDDD
Come on you red and white........

Daycare Dan

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 07:22:36 PM »

Blame Mr Yarwood he's the 'expert' they drafted in to do the ratngs lol to be fair he did quite a good acurate job

"expert" why thanks!!

It took ages to do it all, and looking back there is loads I mssed. Sure it'll be better next year!

Any constructive feed back is always walcome.

shefalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 08:32:28 PM »

"expert" why thanks!!

It took ages to do it all, and looking back there is loads I mssed. Sure it'll be better next year!

Any constructive feed back is always walcome.

ok then, 'walcome' is spelt with an 'e'  :D
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Quayle?