PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Superstitions
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Alty Superstitions  (Read 8849 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty Superstitions
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »

I have sat in the Press Box since 1989 & I think that we have only lost on a couple of occasions. ;)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 09:25:18 PM »

for many years just before leaving the house for a cup game i would play 'heroes' by bowie
come to think of it i havent done it for years and whats hapened eh? eh?

But those heroes were just for one day Jim, that's all.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 09:46:34 PM »

But those heroes were just for one day Jim, that's all.

but thats all you need 
 having said that we did play t in the pub before going to burnley, and that didnt work out too well

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 10:51:31 PM »

I have sat in the Press Box since 1989 & I think that we have only lost on a couple of occasions. ;)

It's when you pile out of the press box a la Oxford away thta is usually a sign of things going well.

Incidentally, does you current match day position count as being in the press box?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 12:27:15 AM »

It's when you pile out of the press box a la Oxford away thta is usually a sign of things going well.

Incidentally, does you current match day position count as being in the press box?

Or when Flynny punches the Moss Lane press box glass to celebrate an Alty goal...and proceeds to crack it.

When exactly did that incident occur, Father Flynn?
1991/1992 season?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:29:15 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 02:49:16 PM »

Yes....the air conditioned section does count as being the Press Box ;)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 02:50:49 PM »

January 1st 1992 against Kidderminster :-X

Or when Flynny punches the Moss Lane press box glass to celebrate an Alty goal...and proceeds to crack it.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 02:57:44 PM »

There must be some kind of mystical connection with Kidderminster - I seem to recall a description of Flynny's "Fred Astaire-like" dance in the main stand at Aggborough when Danny MCGoona equalised there a few years ago!

:D
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 03:27:20 PM »

There must be some kind of mystical connection with Kidderminster - I seem to recall a description of Flynny's "Fred Astaire-like" dance in the main stand at Aggborough when Danny MCGoona equalised there a few years ago!

Wasn't there some hoo-ha about us damaging the away dressing rooms after that match? Or does my memory play tricks?  ???
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 04:59:59 PM »

Wasn't there some hoo-ha about us damaging the away dressing rooms after that match? Or does my memory play tricks?  ???

Not sure. I know Bishop Auckland damaged the away dressing rooms at Moss Lane that season but that was a separate occasion altogether.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 05:04:22 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 06:03:23 PM »

Not sure. I know Bishop Auckland damaged the away dressing rooms at Moss Lane that season but that was a separate occasion altogether.

George Shepherdgate, FA Trophy game, red cards, players waiting to smack other players and all that ?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 06:46:37 PM »

George Shepherdgate, FA Trophy game, red cards, players waiting to smack other players and all that ?

CHRIST, AND THE REST!!.....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 06:47:51 PM »

I'd have given you good odds on it being that season! What were you celebrating Flynny, one of the players momentarily caring whether we won a game or not?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »

CHRIST, AND THE REST!!.....

That game will forever be sketched in my memory, horrible horrible day. police horses in the away end, pissheads smacking them , an ugly BA player called Peverill (?) who was just on a mission to kill Shepherd. Didn't they wait on the coach until he left ground and then tried to chin him ?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 07:40:20 PM »

Yes, however one of our players, a scouse lad called Ian Horrigan was also a pretty handy middleweight boxer and absolutely leathered half of them while the other half cowered on the coach!!  :D ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Superstitions