PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Superstitions
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Alty Superstitions  (Read 8850 times)

JT

Alty Superstitions
« on: January 31, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »

Does anybody have any match day superstitions?!

I've got a thing with wearing the same clothes when we are on a nice run of results!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty Superstitions
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »

stopped buying a programme and golden goal then we got dead good
Bernard Taylors barmy army

penfold

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 05:28:26 PM »

If I wear my red boxers we seem to win or draw! Likewise if i dont have them on we lose!

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 05:54:26 PM »

Both times I brought a mate from work the floodlights have failed...So I don't bring him anymore

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 07:52:17 PM »

blue and white strip tshirt we lose.

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 08:12:54 PM »

strangely enough a got a pair of red and white striped socks a christmas, which i sort of adopted as my alty socks.

wore them to northwich and york. 2 wins
didnt wear them at oxford. loss
but i was wearing them at burton last week.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 08:49:37 PM »

Great thread, as a very young boy when we were dead good I'd always lay my Alty scarf out at the foot of my bed prior to a cup game. See how many we won, my call! Later on, teenage years, I'd not shave during a cup run...........I've never had a beard........still have lucky pants and jeans though.

Anyone read Fever Pitch, the white mouse bit is bang on the ball for this thread.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 11:34:36 AM »

for absentee fans:

If I am watching a game on Ceefax or Sky Sports, I have to be working for the entire game (e.g. ironing).

For both Burton and York I managed this except for the first 5 minutes of the second half.

Once for a midweek game at Merthyr in the mid nineties I ran out of ironing at about 97 minutes gone with every other match in the country finished and as soon as I turned the iron off merthy equalised. 2-2 it was. 1992?

If I am out of the house during a game, I have to get out of the house before the game starts and not go home until after a game finishes.  salisbury last season I got home five minutes before the end.

I get quite uptight about it - giving hours of mirth to my kids!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 06:00:37 PM »

I have to chat up Daisy at every game without fail :)
ParkINson's red and white army

Altyant

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 06:08:05 PM »

stopped buying a programme and golden goal then we got dead good

For me it was the opposite, started buying a programme and we started winning!!

daisy

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 06:24:03 PM »

I have to chat up Daisy at every game without fail :)

:-*

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »

for absentee fans:

If I am watching a game on Ceefax or Sky Sports, I have to be working for the entire game (e.g. ironing).

For both Burton and York I managed this except for the first 5 minutes of the second half.

Once for a midweek game at Merthyr in the mid nineties I ran out of ironing at about 97 minutes gone with every other match in the country finished and as soon as I turned the iron off Merthyr equalised. 2-2 it was. 1992?If I am out of the house during a game, I have to get out of the house before the game starts and not go home until after a game finishes.  salisbury last season I got home five minutes before the end.

One of my favourite games.2-0 up through Clive Freeman & Paul France (his all time favourite goal for Alty).....Andy Gorton was magnificent in goals.Merthy equalised at the death as you state.I was gutted,sat in my car after the game, to hear that Boston were 2-1 up at runaway leaders Wycombe, but Wycombe grabbed an exceptionally late equaliser.Boston went down in May & we finished like a train.

March 1993 I think.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 09:11:03 PM by Brian Flynn »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »

for absentee fans:

Once for a midweek game at Merthyr in the mid nineties I ran out of ironing at about 97 minutes gone with every other match in the country finished and as soon as I turned the iron off Merthyr equalised. 2-2 it was. 1992?If I am out of the house during a game, I have to get out of the house before the game starts and not go home until after a game finishes.  salisbury last season I got home five minutes before the end.

One of my favourite games.2-0 up through Clive Freeman & Paul France (his all time favourite goal for Alty).....Andy Gorton was magnificent in goals.Merthy equalised at the death as you state.I was gutted,sat in my car after the game, to hear that Boston were 2-1 up at runaway leaders Wycombe, but Wycombe grabbed an exceptionally late equaliser.Boston went down in May & we finished like a train.

March 1993 I think.

That was due to the great Tunna running into a rich seam of form, as I recall......
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 09:16:56 PM »

for many years just before leaving the house for a cup game i would play 'heroes' by bowie
come to think of it i havent done it for years and whats hapened eh? eh?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »

for absentee fans:

March 1993 I think.

That was due to the great Tunna running into a rich seam of form, as I recall......

With his class it was inevitable ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Superstitions