PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Heathcote abuse incident
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Heathcote abuse incident  (Read 9071 times)

baldrick

« on: August 11, 2007, 05:37:15 PM »

I think the fan should have accepted Grahams offer to discuss the incident. Fans like to know why managers do things that sometimes appear strange. I would like to know why he took off the two most likely goalscorers while the team were losing. A simple explanation would bring the club and fans closer together and keep everyone informed.

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: The Heathcote abuse incident
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 05:43:06 PM »

Joe O'Neill wouldn't have scored if we'd been playing 'til midnight.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 06:33:46 PM »

I think the fan should have accepted Grahams offer to discuss the incident. Fans like to know why managers do things that sometimes appear strange. I would like to know why he took off the two most likely goalscorers while the team were losing. A simple explanation would bring the club and fans closer together and keep everyone informed.

which incident are we reffering too. The gestures of GH towards fans during the 2nd half, or the poor sod GH gave a lot of sh*t to in the bar after the match?

Tom Cosgrave

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 06:44:38 PM »

He was correct to make the subs at that time because Joe n Colin werent looking threatening and Pottsy and Chris could have changed things

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 06:47:05 PM »

Little might have got something if Pottsy had been able to get the ball over, but he didn't get much opportunity.

baldrick

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 06:48:20 PM »

The incident as Whalley was taken off. Possibly the same fan. I really must make more effort to spend more time in the bar.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 06:50:04 PM »

Not there so do not know what went on,but come on dont start knocking Graham ,i know 4-1 looks bad but remember thier last 2 went in,in the 90th minute,Graham had to do something at 2-1 down,and if it had worked people would be praising him.I once remember some manager saying 10 minutes to go and one down we may as well throw everything at them and have a go if we loss another goal at least we tried
Harold

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »

I'd rather be beaten 4-1 trying to get something back than lamely concede defeat at 2-1. Altrincham didn't play badly today, just had some things that need working on.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 08:05:03 PM »

I think the fan should have accepted Grahams offer to discuss the incident.
I'd rather be beaten 4-1 trying to get something back than lamely concede defeat at 2-1. Altrincham didn't play badly today, just had some things that need working on.
To be honest the scences after the match were truly awful. GH should be ashamed of himself. For GH to storm into the bar afterwards and give a lot of crap to supporters is indifenceable, even during the game he could be seen showing gestures towards the home supporters.

The first 60 mins were good, but we play a 90 min game, it is quite difficult to belive a lack of fitness of our troops meant we lost 4-1. Halifax is a new start, hopefully we will bounce back and play a full 90 mins.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 08:34:34 PM by casper »

altyf

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 08:14:31 PM »

For the benefit of those not in the bar, any insight into what actually happened there...i obviously saw the scenes pitch side, but what happened after, dis he shout at one individual or did all fall silence as he adressed everyone???

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 08:30:13 PM »

It wasn't very nice in the bar - from anyone's point of view. Lots of emotion after a hot and difficult afternoon. Graham views OK, but not how it came across, but we have to move on people who care alot get upset - that's what football and passion for Alty is about, that's why we support them - well, me anyway.
Move on stuff Halifax and Tues and play for 90 like we did for the first 60 today.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 09:18:56 PM »

It wasn't very nice in the bar - from anyone's point of view. Lots of emotion after a hot and difficult afternoon. Graham views OK, but not how it came across, but we have to move on people who care alot get upset - that's what football and passion for Alty is about, that's why we support them - well, me anyway.
Move on stuff Halifax and Tues and play for 90 like we did for the first 60 today.

To be honest GH was shocking in the bar. many supporters were simply speechless with what went on. GH had his views, but it is hardly the place to rant and rave to those very supporters who had been singing their hearts out during the match. Very shocking to see after just one game into the new season. Simply though a 4-1 defeat at home is not good enough, whatever team is put out.

altyf

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 09:22:57 PM »

No its not, but lets put it behind us, there a good team and one we wouldnt have been expected to win, what was it he said that disgusted everyone?

PartyTownRobin

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 09:25:41 PM »

Have to agree i did not expect to see what i saw in the bar afterwards.

wasnt particularly pleasant in front of familys and kids.ladies etc etc

but there again fans calling him a wanker etc etc is also not on. especially after one game of the season. ive never seen it before. and no it wasnt the man that got the grief in the bar.

as im concerned he manages to the best of his ability with our limited funds lets support him and the team.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 09:28:18 PM by PartyTownRobin »

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 09:46:39 PM »

Have to agree i did not expect to see what i saw in the bar afterwards.

wasnt particularly pleasant in front of familys and kids.ladies etc etc

but there again fans calling him a wanker etc etc is also not on. especially after one game of the season. ive never seen it before. and no it wasnt the man that got the grief in the bar.

as im concerned he manages to the best of his ability with our limited funds lets support him and the team.

It was mainly one guy who got the brunt of his aggression, for alledgedly calling GH a "prick" during the 2nd half, desipite the numerous GH chants througout the first half. I would also like to support a manager that gets the best out of our squad. I dont recall anyone calling GH a wanker in the bar, still it doesnt allow the club's manager the right to storm into the bar and and react in the way he did. GH excuse that exeter were "much fitter" didnt exactly go down well. Neither did the "over expectations" bit.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team