Do you prefer the official site

As it was before
- 25 (52.1%)
As it is now
- 23 (47.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: September 06, 2013, 07:14:46 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The official site  (Read 9121 times)

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: The official site
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 12:21:56 PM »

The new site took me a little time to adjust to, but its grown on me.

That said, I think we have been completely spoilt by the excellent work on both old and new sites. I live overseas and only get to Moss Lane once or twice a season (last season I didn't even make one game) so for me the site is a lifeline to the club, especially matchday updates and Radio Robins. I can't express enough how much I appreciate it.

Baldrick

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 03:31:21 PM »

I'm not knocking the work John does. I just think it was fine as it was and didn't need changing.

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 03:47:14 PM »

Icky is a ledge

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 04:21:43 PM »

I find tbe new site. easy to use on my laptop.but a bit complicated on my moby.but im a crinkley.?
I Think the new site is excellent. Well done.one and all

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 05:27:09 PM »

I'm really into the new site now.  Wouldn't go back.  Not keen on the adverts but the cash they generate is welcome.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 10:39:11 PM »

The amazing JL has let me know he's aware of the issue and is gradually sorting the links that open new windows.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

robins1978

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »

A lot of the adverts have to be on their as league rules dictate that the official league sponsors must be on the official site and the other provide valuable income for the club.

For the record I preferred the old design as well but hopefully the mobile issues can be resolved.

Not sure why its so hard to find the fixtures though?  Teams then First Team then Fixtures.

I hope this thread can at least show some respect, whilst expressing opinions, to someone who works for free for our club 364 days a year and is doing the best they can.

We aren't heckling a web design company here that's been paid thousands to make this like the Conference website.
Top post well said Ecky. If people have a problem and a suggestion how to resolve said problem try emailing JL directly instead of winging on here!

Stuartalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 07:51:46 AM »

Well said

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 08:37:52 AM »

If people have a problem and a suggestion how to resolve said problem...................... winging

That's winging?

Let's go the whole hog and email Lee Sinnott on team issues, and Grahame Rowley on club matters, then the forum can be shut down. Result!
Pathetic.

robins1978

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 05:32:48 PM »

If people have a problem and a suggestion how to resolve said problem...................... winging

That's winging?

Let's go the whole hog and email Lee Sinnott on team issues, and Grahame Rowley on club matters, then the forum can be shut down. Result!
Pathetic.
you missed the point
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:55:33 PM by robins1978 »

joe

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 06:21:11 PM »

That's winging?

Pathetic.
you missed the point

There was no point!
No one proclaimed to have a fix for the problem they just said it's a poor website!

robins1978

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 06:47:54 PM »

I personally prefer the new format aesthetically. However it is very difficult to use on a mobile - as has been well documented - which I am sure will be addressed.

Credit to the people who maintain the website, it isn't perfect and there are things about it I don't like. But the huge amounts of time and effort that go into something which is generally a very good advert for the club should indeed be recognised.
Spot on Bob!

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 11:46:57 AM »

Would be interesting to know the number of hits the new site is getting compared to the old one

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 12:53:44 PM »

I think we all know how good the webmaster is and greatly appreciate his work but the new site simply doesn’t do him justice. It’s not pretty and tricky to use, the old site was great for info but also needed updating so I would suggest it was a risk trying to create a new site which so far has not paid off.
I am sure it will gradually improve over time however aren’t there really good templates around these days which could be used/purchases allowing him to concentrate on filling it with his excellent research and info?

JDN

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 06:58:59 PM »

You can tell we second in the league
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The official site