PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 For any one who's been in The Bridge inn
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: For any one who's been in The Bridge inn  (Read 10913 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
@AltyDaz

Jezza

Re: For any one who's been in The Bridge inn
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 05:59:31 AM »

I strongly disagree with the whole concept of compulsory purchase orders.

The council has needed to address the issue of free parking to compete with the trafford centre before it goes on to develope areas that people wont visit and arent visiting because of the vampire traffic wardens who have recently been ticketting vans delivering to the charity shops.

The comments on there were hilarious...clearly some written by an altair worker and I had to laugh at ATS causing trouble!!!!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:59:08 AM »

Most people in altrincham these days are wankers,non of them originate from the town and have no social life because all their wages go on the morgage for the house in the WA14 OR 15 postcodes that their wives so desperatly wanted.They would be happy for the town centre to be turned into one giant airport lounge like milton keynes because non of it holds any memories for them.And if they want somewhere with character they spend the weekend at daddys grade 2 listed house in a pretty berkshire village

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 08:09:12 AM »

Some very narrow minded responses- it surprises me that rather than sort out the main part of town centre we are trying to almost expand it when the current centre is desolate- very bizzare

Why not just knock down half of the centre and start again?
ParkINson's red and white army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 08:15:59 AM »

They should be building it to replace the huge tabley court office development that has been been empty since TV AM pulled out. Its big enough,what do they need more offices for? Tabley court is empty,most of charter house and station house are empty,good grief even the bastardised shell of the park pub on lloyd st is even empty now....

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 08:40:59 AM »

Most people in altrincham these days are wankers,non of them originate from the town and have no social life because all their wages go on the morgage for the house in the WA14 OR 15 postcodes that their wives so desperatly wanted.They would be happy for the town centre to be turned into one giant airport lounge like milton keynes because non of it holds any memories for them.And if they want somewhere with character they spend the weekend at daddys grade 2 listed house in a pretty berkshire village

That could expain the reason for low attendances at our home games.

Not having lived in Alty for some considerable years, I am a little surprised to read that the majority are not "locals".. The town centre was thriving years ago and it is a shame to hear that its going down hill... I do notice that when we come to matches and visit the market and shops etc how quiet it is nowadays...
Shame really. Stamford park use to be a great place to walk round years ago but I see that (probably due to council cutbacks) that it is in a pretty tired state these days (even the ducks look pissed off)

Shrewsbury is a nice market town but sadly the number of shop units that are vacant is growing year on year so I suspect that this town is in similiar decline to Altrincham.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 09:09:15 AM »

I think think this should be posted on the Messenger comments though you may have to change the explicits as accurate as they are.
Alty has become a Ghost Town thanks to the people Hughsey refers to. Same people that want WA14 or 15 postcodes but support the Trafford Centre, United and City.
I have never spoken to the current landlord of the Bridge so cant comment on his character but unlike those that Hughesy is refering to, he does provide a service and supports the local community and also travels to the other end of the country following the Robins.
Alty Traders and Residents Association comment asks 'what can be fairer than offering market price' - I know what I would say if someone offered me market price for my house when I didnt intend moving. I had a friend who had a nice house in the Joburg Northern suburbs and his area was subject to luxury business development. They offered him twice the house market value, but he registered his house as also being business premises and got 5 times the value. I take it that CPO's avoid greedy developers in this country having to pay fair prices.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:12:17 AM by RedhillAlty »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 09:12:07 AM »

Altrincham is a commuter town now full of people from elsewhere.It will be even worse when then bbc move into the media city.I had a very animated discussion with one southern import that lives on stamford park road who said the football ground was a blight on the local surroundings due to people parking on matchdays and its tired appearence.I asked if he had bought his house in the 18th century,if not what did he expect to happen on a saturday afternoon if you buy a house 250 yards from a football ground??

fuertes

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:01:20 AM »

Altrincham is a commuter town now full of people from elsewhere.It will be even worse when then bbc move into the media city.I had a very animated discussion with one southern import that lives on stamford park road who said the football ground was a blight on the local surroundings due to people parking on matchdays and its tired appearence.I asked if he had bought his house in the 18th century,if not what did he expect to happen on a saturday afternoon if you buy a house 250 yards from a football ground??

I have some time for what you're saying, but I think you're being a bit overly aggressive. We do need people to come into the area from outside rather than be a weird town of inbreds where nobody ever enters or leaves (Leigh, Accrington, etc).

My parents are Northern Irish, but after a series of interconnected events fate took us to Altrincham. Ultimately, I started supporting Alty. I'm sure the same is true of many Alty fans, i.e. they don't have a lengthy family history connecting them to the town. It'd probably be better for us to encourage interest in the club, rather than start moaning about non-Altrinchamians.

I agree Altrincham town centre seems to be incresingly sh*t these days, though. They've got to make it free parking at the very least. Manchester and the Trafford Centre are on the doorstep FFS.

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 10:06:33 AM »

This is harsh, but extremely true.

However these people arent to blame, theyve got a right to have a decent job, and a right to live in a nice area. Commuting is a way of life these days.

The issue is Trafford council, they are scrambling around to repair the wreckage of a town centre that they caused by allowing the Trafford centre to soak up all regeneration efforts/funds over a long period. Some bright spark comes along and has a 100 million pound plan and everyones happy. Theres no foresight here into why alty is like it is and what the local residents need. None of them need any of the things this project will bring, its an incredible waste of money.

Agree with wayno, knock down whats there already and falling down and build it back up again.

As for the 'wretches outside the bridge' noted by messenger reader, I have to say last time i was drinking there i was put off my pint by the soulless middle class wankers living out their suburban nightmares coming in and out of tesco.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »

People who move to houses which are in close proximity to facilities such as pubs, football grounds etc then moan because of traffic, noise etc annoy me.
What the fkn hell did they expect ffs.. No bugger forced them to live there plus the ground was there donkey years before they were there.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 10:20:35 AM »

I dont mean to sound aggresive,it just annoys me that alty has been turned from a semi rural market town into an anonymous urban sprawl,trafford council have tried long and hard to erase this town,from the destruction of our town hall to the 'landed spacecraft' which is tescos that should have been built well out of town rather than suck the life out of the town centre,i bet the police have been to the bridge less times in the last decade than most of the vertical drinking establishments with trendy names

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 10:27:23 AM »

And as for the lowlifes and druggies comments,i bet these people are happy enough to drink and eat with the great and the good on ashley road at a weekend amongst the wealthy drug dealers and rich kids that shove half of peru up their hooters,and as for turning the bridge into a gastro pub,every other pub is gastro pub nowadays,what if i just want a pint after work? Why should i share my space with people having a family meal.

Jacko

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 11:17:52 AM »

Agree with hughesy, have to say though the traditional old pub thing is wearing a bit thin if your paying to sit in a dive and pay £3.00 for a pint of fosters and stare at a fruit machine!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 11:23:54 AM »

Id sooner do that after a hard day at work than pay 3.50 a pint for somthing i cannot pronounce,and have kids running around whilst their parents are gaffawing loudly over a bottle of merlot and a steak whilst complaining about people coming in the pub in workwear,there is room in alty for both,the number of pubs lost forever in this town is nothing short of a disgrace,they dont just close,they knock them down,the wellgreen,the bakers,the railway all bulldozed,and 10 others turned into somthing else
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 For any one who's been in The Bridge inn