PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salisbury City Demoted
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Salisbury City Demoted  (Read 9533 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Salisbury City Demoted
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 09:40:26 PM »

That would leave the BSP a team short

More likely reprieve for FGR in BSP
Reprieve for Weston-S-M in BSS

Oh, undoubtedly somebody will plug the gap in BSS, I'm just saying it won't be Salisbury.
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »

At least we know why FGR were provisionally put in the BSS rather than their preference of the BSN ... They knew they weren't going to actually play in it and it's a straight swap for Salisbury.

If I read the article correctly, Salisbury have been demoted 2 leagues and therefore won't replace Forest Green in Blue Square Bet South.

V*cs have only been demoted one league for a similar offence though haven't they?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 09:52:18 PM »

Also, there are rumours that FGR would refuse the reprieve (although I wouldn't believe that!) which would let back in MyLittlePony FC!

I suppose this kind of stuff is going to run and run right through to the AGMs as it usually does!

I'm so please we're not involved in it.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Butty

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 09:54:55 PM »

At least we know why FGR were provisionally put in the BSS rather than their preference of the BSN ... They knew they weren't going to actually play in it and it's a straight swap for Salisbury.

If I read the article correctly, Salisbury have been demoted 2 leagues and therefore won't replace Forest Green in Blue Square Bet South.

V*cs have only been demoted one league for a similar offence though haven't they?
They have both been kicked out of the Blue Square leagues- not entirely sure on the rules but the Unibond/Southern equivalent must allow them to play at that level

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 09:57:19 PM »

They have both been excluded from playing in the Blue Square Leagues, irrespective of the level they were at.
Come on Alty!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 10:00:38 PM »

They have both been kicked out of the Blue Square leagues- not entirely sure on the rules but the Unibond/Southern equivalent must allow them to play at that level
The above is correct

The rule breach (not paying debts in full i.e Appendix E) means a club cannot be a 'member' of the Conference anymore i.e BSP, BSN & BSS. Hence the FA will try and place a club in the highest division available. Therefore it is not a case of one team being demoted two divisions and another team only being demoted one.

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 12:10:12 AM »

According to the main site: According to the Football Conference relegated "Forest Green Rovers are able to officially confirm that the club will next season participate in the Blue Square Bet South

but we haven't had the AGM Cup yet.

Jezza

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 06:06:31 AM »

I love the AGM cup....especially the way teams competing always prepare for losing it and then complain when they win it thay they were unprepared for the consequences.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: PYBB!
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 09:44:32 AM »

Whilst an FGR reprieve is entirely tedious but no surprise whatsoever i wouldn't shed a tear for Salisbury. Neither will at least 20 other Alty fans. PYBB!!

Confirmed.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2010, 09:53:54 AM »

Our 'friend' Trevor is a proper Macchiavelli isn't he?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »

SALISBURY GO AS FGR REPRIEVED
Just two days after Forest Green Rovers issued a press release confirming they would play in BS South next season, it is reported that Salisbury City have been demoted from the Conference, thereby reprieving the Gloucestershire club for next season in the Blue Square Bet Premier. Salisbury, like Northwich, were required to pay their creditors in full by the second Saturday in May and, it seems, have failed to satisfy the Conference that this has happened. More details when known...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 10:34:44 AM »

The rule breach (not paying debts in full i.e Appendix E) means a club cannot be a 'member' of the Conference anymore i.e BSP, BSN & BSS. Hence the FA will try and place a club in the highest division available. Therefore it is not a case of one team being demoted two divisions and another team only being demoted one.

I fail to see why clubs can't recognise that the conference is a seperate league with rules and membership criteria. I can wear jeans and a t shirt in the faulkners but it wouldn't get me into a posh swanky club with it's own rules.

By the same token, had Salisbury City won the BSP this year they wouldn't necessaarily have been demoted, they would have qualified for membership of the football league and had they been happy to accept them they would've been put in league 2. If the FL hadn't accepted them they wouldn't have been in either of the conference divisions. Either way the daft thing is that like Weymouth and others this is a place with an ok cathchment are who could get 1,100 at home and exist perfectly well as a part time side.

markecky

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 10:37:27 AM »

At least we got to enjoy FGR going down for a little bit and they will be sh*t next year.

And also we got what we predicted to the gobsh*te Salisbury fans around us on that Tuesday from Hell...its goodnight vienna anyway.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010, 10:44:29 AM »

So my behaviour that night was entirely rational? Bonus.

markecky

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 10:53:26 AM »

Imagine the shock at FGR.

They just prepare the press release to say we are in the BSS and then bang..they are back in the Conference.

I bet they couldn't believe it.

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salisbury City Demoted