PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Resign Rowley before it's too late!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Resign Rowley before it's too late!!!  (Read 11869 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Resign Rowley before it's too late!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 11:26:20 PM »

The town is full of people that have excelled in a variety of fields and may jump at the opportunity, until there is a vacant post nobody will apply. We were given the same rubbish when people suggested that Graham Heathcote should go, but the club moved on and we haven't missed him. Grahame Rowley is not bigger than the Club as I'm sure he would agree with.

RMS Hale

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 11:31:45 PM »

Forgive me if my memory is too short, but wasn't it Young getting rid of most of the players in the summer (Havern, Leather, Sinnott etc. all playing well now for better NLN teams than us - in fact all but 6, including the long-term injured Densmore) that got us into this mess in the first place? There was nothing about the performance of the starting 11 today to justify 'getting rid' of any of them. I suspect all that a repetition would achieve would be a repetition of this season in the Evostik next year, should we go down. And after seeing the way we played for 85 minutes today I am not as sure that we will as I was before today, as long as JH starts picking the right team and making logical and sensible substitutions, which does not appear to be a strength of his (he said mildly). Or if he is incapable of that, we need to pretty quickly find someone who is.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 11:45:28 PM »

Forgive me if my memory is too short, but wasn't it Young getting rid of most of the players in the summer (Havern, Leather, Sinnott etc. all playing well now for better NLN teams than us - in fact all but 6, including the long-term injured Densmore) that got us into this mess in the first place? There was nothing about the performance of the starting 11 today to justify 'getting rid' of any of them. I suspect all that a repetition would achieve would be a repetition of this season in the Evostik next year, should we go down. And after seeing the way we played for 85 minutes today I am not as sure that we will as I was before today, as long as JH starts picking the right team and making logical and sensible substitutions, which does not appear to be a strength of his (he said mildly). Or if he is incapable of that, we need to pretty quickly find someone who is.
it's a very good point this I'm reading Alex ferguson book at the moment and he said he always avoided wholesale change as it upset the balance of the team and dressing room . He said he only ever liked a couple of new faces a season ideally
ParkINson's red and white army

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 12:04:42 AM »

It's a good point. I arrived last Saturday and wondered who I was watching. Some consistency and a team to get behind would be good. There are signs. It just needs to happen often enough that we can get behind the time.

Come on Alty!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 10:12:15 AM »

I wouldn't normally advocate a total clearout and wasn't in favour of one in the summer. Last season was a really poor and disappointing one but it was something I'm sure our better players would have put behind them quickly had we made a good start. This season though is a horrific nightmare, set to be our worst ever, and I just feel that anyone involved with it (particularly those for whom it will be a second relegation in a row) would have great difficulty shaking off the experience. They'll need a fresh start as much as we will.

You could maybe keep Miller, Patterson, Hannigan if he'd stay (unlikely), McWilliams? That'd be about it.

RMS Hale

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2016, 11:13:45 AM »

Slightly off the current hot topics but there is a bee in my bonnet which needs to buzz off somewhere!

Unless my imagination is running overtime I have seen in this and other threads the phrase "Community Club" used as a stick with which to beat Graham Rowley in particular and the Board in general. The great attraction of Altrincham when I moved to this area a number of years ago was that football at the levels that we have played at and play at, and may even God help us have to play at next season, still had some roots in the towns whose names the teams share, a factor which just about tenuously hung on when I started watching football at higher levels 45 years ago, and in the 1950s had been the norm (my grandparents, who were not by any stretch well off, lived next door to Burnley's centre forward when Burnley were one of the best teams in the country).

If I want to watch a global mega-brand I can pay a fortune to go to OT or the Etihad, but actually I want to watch my local team in the town that I have chosen to make my home for the last nearly 20 years and whose ground is 5 minutes walk from home. The other comment that got on my nerves was about acting as a creche for the millionaires of Hale (not an exact quote, but it gives the sense). Well I meet two thirds of the criteria, because I live in Hale and I have 2 teenage children (who despite my best endeavours don't want to watch Alty, but only because they don't want to watch football at all) although sadly we are at least nine hundred thousand+ away from meeting the third. Where do we think the next generation of Alty fans is going to come from if we don't create a link with the local communities when the potential fans are young and impressionable?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 03:25:40 PM »

To address RMS Hale's bee, and agree with his sentiment:

1) I am sure our gates are holding up so well because of the community links being a source of new fans, whether from the junior teams, or because people are used to heading to Moss Lane for stuff now, increasing the likelihood of attending a match
2) The CSH and all such activities will be a direct contributor of revenue for the club and this will give us a stronger base to build on; millionaires or no millionaires
3) The community side may well lead to a route for player recruitment - if we can have an integrated strategy across junior, youth, reserve and first teams, coupled with a coherent loans policy this may give us a rich vein to mine in future.

What is not to like?

York Alty is back

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2016, 03:29:43 PM »

We have had months of instability on the pitch, almost forty players used this season and we're on out third manager in not long at all. Creating more instability in the boardroom doesn't make any sense to me at present.  On a previous thread I said I'm looking for people to fall on their sword (the catastropjhic NY appointment demands that), which is a view I still hold. It's about when the change happens and who steps into the role. Simply demading a resignation doesn't cut it with me.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 08:10:17 PM »

We have had months of instability on the pitch, almost forty players used this season and we're on out third manager in not long at all. Creating more instability in the boardroom doesn't make any sense to me at present.  On a previous thread I said I'm looking for people to fall on their sword (the catastropjhic NY appointment demands that), which is a view I still hold. It's about when the change happens and who steps into the role. Simply demading a resignation doesn't cut it with me.

What is the difference between looking for people to fall on their sword and suggesting they should resign?

York Alty is back

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 08:12:52 PM »

What is the difference between looking for people to fall on their sword and suggesting they should resign?

Timing.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 08:19:27 PM »

Timing.

I want Rowley to quit in the summer after we've been relegated. When do you want him to go?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2016, 08:24:29 PM »

1) I am sure our gates are holding up so well because of the community links being a source of new fans, whether from the junior teams, or because people are used to heading to Moss Lane for stuff now, increasing the likelihood of attending a match
2) The CSH and all such activities will be a direct contributor of revenue for the club and this will give us a stronger base to build on; millionaires or no millionaires
3) The community side may well lead to a route for player recruitment - if we can have an integrated strategy across junior, youth, reserve and first teams, coupled with a coherent loans policy this may give us a rich vein to mine in future.

What is not to like?
when do we hope to see this additional revenue ? As I have posted previously it's not appeared to help our fortunes on the.pitch as yet . And we could not compete recently in the transfer market. Will it be next season?

bumble

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 08:34:06 PM »

What is not to like?

Graham doesn't do this, does he?

I spoke to him on the phone and asked for him to include a full details FAQ on the community side and he said a board of directors different to him currently run the community side.

Anyway. what about our social media ? Or sponsors who help push the message out? Our Alty TV highlights?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2016, 08:34:11 PM »

What is not to like?
in the interests of fairness I do however agree strongly with point 1. The hall has meant families feel more comfortable to get a drink and food in the warmth especially in the winter months. Also the work done in local schools and tickets for the kids is excellent

Hulme Robin

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 09:45:22 PM »

The idea of getting rid of rawley is the wrong track. He puts a shift on week in week out. Mistakes have been made but giving him the chop will not turn the clock back.
Let's give Harvey a bit more time.
we can only improve either - slowly over time - or with a massive cash injection.
We are nearly there with JH - and I can't see any cash coming out way
So let's get behind the lads.
Sorry if I sound like a happy Clapper - I'm not - but with guck all money and confidence - I think getting behind the robins during the odd 90 minutes may make a difference
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Resign Rowley before it's too late!!!